No cabin assignment - Sailing Novemner 04

FrankieSue

This is our first time booking a "guarantee" cabin. We are 3* Mariner and always book a specific cabin. But this time, the incentive to book "guarantee" was too good to pass. Any thoughts on our chances to get an assignment before boarding on Friday Nov. 04? Any suggestions on what to do if we have to print our luggage tags without cabin number? .. We are excited to find out our cabin number, but the waiting is also killing me. Looking forward to reading your comments

This is our first time booking a "guarantee" cabin. We are 3* Mariner and always book a specific cabin. But this time, the incentive to book "guarantee" was too good to pass. Any thoughts on our chances to get an assignment before boarding on Friday Nov. 04? Any suggestions on what to do if we have to print our luggage tags without cabin number? .. We are excited to find out our cabin number, but the waiting is also killing me. Looking forward to reading your comments

My guess is that you wil get an assignment tomorrow, Monday. It will appear first on the website on your luggage tags and then on your boarding pass.

If you don't get an assigned cabin before boarding day, you can print the luggage tags and fill in your cabin number just before giving your bags to the porters at the dock. They have a list of passengers and cabins.

Good Luck!

My guess is that you wil get an assignment tomorrow, Monday. It will appear first on the website on your luggage tags and then on your boarding pass.

If you don't get an assigned cabin before boarding day, you can print the luggage tags and fill in your cabin number just before giving your bags to the porters at the dock. They have a list of passengers and cabins.

Good Luck!

Thank you very much.... I will look forward to check tomorrow... Its like waiting to open a present...

FrankieSue, I am also sailing on the 4th on the NA as a guarantee because of the great deals and I just got my cabin assignment a couple of days ago. I had gotten another email from HAL that had the information and I was able to go in and print the luggage tags. Did you book with HAL or did you use a TA? Sometimes there is a delay when the TA is in the middle. What ship are you on?

FrankieSue, I am also sailing on the 4th on the NA as a guarantee because of the great deals and I just got my cabin assignment a couple of days ago. I had gotten another email from HAL that had the information and I was able to go in and print the luggage tags. Did you book with HAL or did you use a TA? Sometimes there is a delay when the TA is in the middle. What ship are you on?

We booked witha TA and we are travelling from Tampa on the Rotterdam.

Did you check your luggage tags on the HAL website? Try printing them and see if a cabin number is on them.

Strange someone on our roll call for mid November got their assignment already. Maybe it depends on how it is selling?

There is an upside to slow assignments - some have had nice upgrades at the last minute ;). Maybe you and the OP will luck out :).

I suspect assignments depend on category. I think they start top down. At least that seems to be the way they go after the upsells.

Yes, I was wondering if the latest the assignment, the better the cabin. The waiting makes the cruise more exciting. It's exciting waiting to see what you will get. And yes, we check our luggage tags every days, sometimes several times a day.. I will let you guys know when we hear. I'll keep my fingers crossed that we may hear tomorrow.. Thanks foe your comments everybody!

Post hear when you learn your assignment. We are on our first guaranteed room in March as that was the only thing remaining to book.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I will, as soon as we hear... Hopefully that will be tomorrow.

It’s a Neptune suite that we took as a guarantee cabin. Shouldn’t be a problem but I just like to know where we’ll be. I check the luggage tags a few times a day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do not mind taking a Neptune guarantee on the R and S class HAL ships, as these cabins are clustered together and not a big difference (IMO), except for possibly being under the Lido pool area.

On the larger HAL ships I generally do a guarantee as you can end up in a variety of locations, some of which I really do not like (personal preference).

The main concern with Neptune guarantees is that HAL aggressively markets upsells for the unsold cabins and people taking these upsells can pick their cabin most times.

Example, we booked a Signature Suite and got an upsell. We picked a cabin in a great location near the Neptune Lounge (SA category). A friend of ours had an SC guarantee and was assigned a SB cabin a deck below us and right my the mid-ship elevators (can see onto your deck). He was not too happy when he saw our location!

I know. It's so hard to wait. Didn't someone say once ''That patience is a virtue''?

Sometimes we have found out days before sailing, other times at check in. Keep your fingers crossed for a good cabin.

Sandra

We have waited for a cabin after we got on the ship

We were a little bit dissapointed not to have received a cabin today but I appreciate all your experience and comments regarding "guarantee"... Ar least we do not feel like our situation is unusual... And yes patience is a vertue that we need to practice! I will let you all know when we get assigned... Thanks all

We were a little bit dissapointed not to have received a cabin today but I appreciate all your experience and comments regarding "guarantee"... Ar least we do not feel like our situation is unusual... And yes patience is a vertue that we need to practice! I will let you all know when we get assigned... Thanks all

Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon. We find the waiting half the fun.

Best of luck!

Isn’t the 4th on Saturday? (I hope so as I am on HAL on Thursday, Nov. 2!)

Any cabin assignment today? I sail on November 24 in a guarantee and I check the cabin inventory daily. There were a lot of suites last week and they are all gone and lots of aft balconies became available...hoping for one of them (but I'll be happy with whatever assignment we get).