Naturalist/TV

lizabet623

Hi All

I am booked on the Carnival Spirit Northbound on May 31,2006.

Question 1

I am pretty sure I read on the boards that Carnival has a naturalist on board. My question is do you go see her / him give thier presentation in one of the lounges or do they give a presentation over the in room t.v.?

Question 2

As your are cruising does anyone give a lecture on the t.v to tell you what you are seeing?

The reason why I am asking is that if they do t.v lectures while you are cruising I would love to sit on my balconey and be able to hear it. Now instead of the bungee cord holding open the balconey doors my husband thought about bringing baby monitors.

So any help from anyone will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Elizabeth

The naturalist on the Spirit talks from the deck. It is broadcast over the speakers into the room. I don't remember if it is from the tv or not. and I'm not sure if you can hear it well on the balcony. However, I would STRONGLY recomend you leave the balcony and go up on deck to enjoy the view when the naturalist is speaking. It is ususally at a time when you are near the glacier or whales. You need to be able to switch from one side to the other of the ship or to be able to see both sides and the front, so you don't miss what they are talking about. The balcony is great to sit on and relax and watch the beauty of Alaska go by when you are not being show specific sites. Don't rely on it too much or you will miss a lot.

The naturalist on the Spirit talks from the deck. It is broadcast over the speakers into the room. I don't remember if it is from the tv or not. and I'm not sure if you can hear it well on the balcony. However, I would STRONGLY recommend you leave the balcony and go up on deck to enjoy the view when the naturalist is speaking. It is usually at a time when you are near the glacier or whales. You need to be able to switch from one side to the other of the ship or to be able to see both sides and the front, so you don't miss what they are talking about. The balcony is great to sit on and relax and watch the beauty of Alaska go by when you are not being show specific sites. Don't rely on it too much or you will miss a lot.

The naturalist will present programs that you have to attend, usually several during the week. I also agree completely you are best to be out on deck for the full viewing. You, overall do not get "sailing" commentary except for the once per day bridge update.

Archived