Kids soda package and why I need to purchase them with my adult beverage packages?

tallnthensome

Just logged into my March 2018 booking for Seaside and there’s now a soft drinks package for anyone for $84 (all in the cabin need to purchase) which I don’t recall seeing before.

As others have said the 18 drinks vouchers have gone.

Just logged into my March 2018 booking for Seaside and there’s now a soft drinks package for anyone for $84 (all in the cabin need to purchase) which I don’t recall seeing before.

As others have said the 18 drinks vouchers have gone.

This is better than nothing, I guess. It’s quite a bit steeper than NCL and Princess and doesn’t offer more for that kind of money.

Maybe MSC is going to be like this. Low fare then steeper add ons.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 years later...
On 11/4/2017 at 10:32 PM, mizzoufinal4 said:

You are not "being forced" to buy anything! Just because other cruise lines don't have the rule doesn't mean anything! This is MSC and you play by their rules or don't sail with them if you don't like it!

You are definitely being forced. If I want to purchase a drink package and the person sailing with me doesn't, but you require them to purchase it in order for me to get then that's force. What else would you call it? This is a dumb rule because from what I understand, it is meant to prevent people from sharing. What if someone is sailing with me and they are in a different cabin? How do you prevent me from sharing then? 

20 hours ago, KyndalEssence said:

You are definitely being forced. If I want to purchase a drink package and the person sailing with me doesn't, but you require them to purchase it in order for me to get then that's force. What else would you call it? This is a dumb rule because from what I understand, it is meant to prevent people from sharing. What if someone is sailing with me and they are in a different cabin? How do you prevent me from sharing then? 

It does not matter that the treat is two years old, the question is accurate: 

If someone is sailing with you in a different cabin they forced the whole party to purchase the same drink package to prevent sharing;

The package must be booked by all guests occupying the same cabin, or travelling together and wishing to eat at the same table, including minors who must book the Child version of the package.

Thats the policy MSC cruises have on the packages. There is no other way arround...

...And if you don't like that specific rules because they force you, there are plenty of cruiselines that have a other policy or make it easy for you to cheat, with MSC cruises you just can't.

Edited by Maikell
  • Like 1