Anyone interested in planning from the ground up for 2021?

BermudaBound2014

I've just realized that MSC cruises also has a world cruise. It started on Jan 6 from Genoa, Italy. They have already announced another one for 2021 and one for 2022 from Rome. We are sticking to what we have already booked, but I thought it interesting to see that they are doing these cruises with large ships. In 2020 the MSC Magnifica is crossing the Atlantic from Madeira to South America and then follows a southerly route across the Pacific.

7 hours ago, Floridiana said:

I've just realized that MSC cruises also has a world cruise. It started on Jan 6 from Genoa, Italy. They have already announced another one for 2021 and one for 2022 from Rome. We are sticking to what we have already booked, but I thought it interesting to see that they are doing these cruises with large ships. In 2020 the MSC Magnifica is crossing the Atlantic from Madeira to South America and then follows a southerly route across the Pacific.

Have you been on MSC?  Very budget line I believe, just wondering if you'd like it, I know I probably would not.

As Aquadesiac wrote, Brits are probably on Cunard and P&0 ships that start in the UK.

Wendy,

I haven't been on MSC. Ships are too large. I am amazed they take such a large ship on a world cruise. Their yacht club is supposed to be really nice, but the Magnifica doesn't have one.

15 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Have you been on MSC?  Very budget line I believe, just wondering if you'd like it, I know I probably would not.

I've been on MSC (3rd trip coming up). It's a very good budget/value line and the ships are beautiful. However; MSc would not be my pick for a world cruise. Primarily because the company is quite disorganized. There is a current thread where MSC kicked someone off the ship for not having a proper visa, but a visa wasn't technically required. Apparently the visa was a MSC policy. I'm not sure who is in the right/wrong with the above example, but I personally don't trust MSC enough with the details of a world cruise. 

• Like 1