Excursions UNDERGROUND MAYAN RIVER CENOTE or Amazing Secret River And Playa Del Carme

leighkai76

2 minutes ago, kalliyan1 said:

With that being said, do you personally feel it was worth the time and money to experience this?

Yes, 100%.  We felt it was a long day but the experience was worth every bit of it. One of the best excursions we have ever done. 

1 minute ago, BNBR said:

Yes, 100%.  We felt it was a long day but the experience was worth every bit of it. One of the best excursions we have ever done. 

Thank you so much for your insight.  I think we will do it also 😉

• 1 month later...

I would say it depends on what temperature you can tolerate. We were very grateful for the body suits because once we had them on and we had to dunk in under to get them full of water it was freezing, and we’re from Florida  the water will always be  in the high 60s. Everyone has to the shower before they put the suit on and shower after. My recommendation is not to drink the lemonade.  Sure of what it cause my husband stomach issues but he had Montezuma‘s revenge after the meal   

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

When we did the" Underground River" excursion we did not wear wetsuits.  We did see another group there who were wearing them, so it may depend on which ship excursion.  Honestly, after you are in the water for 10 minutes, you don't feel cold as you are swimming, floating, treading water the whole time.  And once you got out of the water, and had to walk back through the hot jungle to the lunch area, you felt refreshed and not overheated.  So check your excursion details..they should say if its with a wetsuit or not.  Glad ours wasn't.

57 minutes ago, ABQrobin said:

When we did the" Underground River" excursion we did not wear wetsuits.  We did see another group there who were wearing them, so it may depend on which ship excursion.  Honestly, after you are in the water for 10 minutes, you don't feel cold as you are swimming, floating, treading water the whole time.  And once you got out of the water, and had to walk back through the hot jungle to the lunch area, you felt refreshed and not overheated.  So check your excursion details..they should say if its with a wetsuit or not.  Glad ours wasn't.

It's up to each person if they want to wear a wetsuit.  And generally when a couple people in a group decide to, everyone follows along.  Or if others in the group don't want to, the group then follows along...  We didn't use wetsuits either and it was fine.  Yes, a bit chilly at first but you go for it and it's not bad and rather refreshing.

We wore the wet suits and they were definitely good to have.  I think if there were issues, there would be many complaints with as many people take the tour.  If you choose not to use the wetsuits, try a rash Guard (a shirt surfers use to keep warm) and perhaps longer bathing pants.  Yes, the wet suit was warm on the walk back from the river, but I am sure it would not have been comfortable without the wetsuit.  The caves were really worth the visit.  Our guide Jesus did a great job on teaching us about the caves, the water, and the wildlife,   Really enjoyed the excursion.