Oceania Suites

Heartfelttraveler

I guess the furniture scraping aspect of the aft suites depends on your sensitivity to the noise. We were just in 11083 on Marina and while we were aware of the furniture being moved, it didn't particularly bother us. I am MUCH more bothered by the noise created by the toddler above us at home who runs around constantly ... Now THAT is very irritating!

It's best to know if YOU will be "driven crazy" by the sounds. Also, it isn't constant ...

Mura

• 1 month later...

We are in OC suite on deck 12 and we are very pleased during our many sea days to be out of the wind.It is a soundproofed cabin too.These suites have their own entrance next to the culinary and art centres.We learnt that OC suites have instant access to tenders just showing their cards.No need to wait in the lounge for a tender ticket.

We have 3 free washloads for this trip.20 pieces in each bag.It is washed and folded and not ironed.

Basically we can book what restaurant we like when we like.

Love sitting in balcony hot tub whilst sailing the pacific ocean.

• 6 months later...
Heartfelttraveler

Are you on the Oct 19 2019 sailing? If so we must be neighbors. I booked suite 11083 for this trip. It will be our first Oceania cruise. If so, I look forward to meeting you.

If you like to participate in the Roll Calls - I started a Roll Call for the October 19, 2019 cruise. I joined the one for our French Polynesian cruise in January and have enjoyed all the information.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 7:05 AM, JimandStan said:

x_002114.jpg

The Veranda's of the aft Oceania Suites are probably 5x wider than those on Deck 12 but they are not any deeper (I'm defining depth here as the distance from the outer cabin wall to the veranda railing).

201233.jpg

12011 is in a very quiet, very rarefied section of the ship. There are only 16 cabins up there, so once you pass the glass doors at the end of the hallway, it feels VERY EXCLUSIVE. You're also much more convenient to the Elevators.

11083 is our favorite cabin, but it IS a trek to get there.

x_020635.jpg

The deck 12 Suites have a door from the bedroom to the Veranda, we missed that on Deck 11.

The wet bars in the Deck 12 Suites are far larger than on deck 12, we were able to use it as a buffet as well as a bar while entertaining.

The Deck 12 Oceania Suites have a full second bath while the deck 11 Suites are bath and a half.

S&J,

When you say that deck 11 OC have bath & half what do you mean? Do they just have a toilet or also have a shower stall (I know that they do not have a tub - neither do the ones on deck 12)

TIA

2 hours ago, Paulchili said:

S&J,

When you say that deck 11 OC have bath & half what do you mean? Do they just have a toilet or also have a shower stall (I know that they do not have a tub - neither do the ones on deck 12)

TIA

I'm confused by the fact that you are confused, Paul.  My belief was that calling it a "half bath" precluded either a tub or a shower.  

According to Google, a half-bath, also known as a powder room or guest bath, has only two of the four main bathroom components—typically a toilet and sink.

19 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

I'm confused by the fact that you are confused, Paul.  My belief was that calling it a "half bath" precluded either a tub or a shower.  

According to Google, a half-bath, also known as a powder room or guest bath, has only two of the four main bathroom components—typically a toilet and sink.

I am asking because calling Oceania I was assured that ALL OC bathrooms have a shower stall (including the guest BR on deck 11).

I didn't think so - that is why I asked you.

I guess we know how (in)accurate the info from O reps can be at times :classic_wink:

It's hard to believe that an Oceania rep told you that the second bathrooms in the aft OCs have a shower.  In thinking about it, they are rather spacious.  Not being on board at the moment I can't go in and look to confirm my opinion (!) but I've been in 11083 three times and 11080 once ... in thinking about it I think a shower COULD fit in the space, but it wouldn't be a large one.  So that may be why they eliminated it.  The Vistas have two full bathrooms as well on the O ships.

As I've said more than once, I prefer the aft OCs to the Deck 12 OCs just because of the larger deck.  Yes, you lose some interior space but it's still a spacious area.  I haven't stayed in a Deck 12 OC but did attend a cocktail party in one ...

Mura

12 minutes ago, Mura said:

It's hard to believe that an Oceania rep told you that the second bathrooms in the aft OCs have a shower.  In thinking about it, they are rather spacious. 

You're thinking of another Suite, Mura.

The half baths in the Deck 11 Oceania Suites are miniscule

This is the entire thing:x_092302.jpg

Very possibly!  I probably was thinking of the second bath in the VS. Thanks for pointing that out.  I wouldn't want to mislead people!

I confess I didn't remember it as being THAT small ... but a picture is worth a 1,000 words ...

Mura

4 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

4 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

Quite tiny.    But not a deal breaker if you want to be in the rear. I would not, but just me. 

As I've said, for US we like the larger veranda on the aft OCs. The somewhat smaller interior space doesn't bother us.  We don't need a second full bathroom since we are rarely showering, etc., simultaneously.  The smaller powder room works for guests we invite in for cocktails or whatever.

It IS nice to have a second bathroom in case anyone is having ... er... intestinal difficulties.

Not everyone will agree!  We get that.

Mura

• 1 month later...

We will be in 11080 on the Apr 2 TransAtlantic.

Question about the media room:

BluRay DVD player?  Has anyone hooked up their own device to watch media through the HDMI connection on the TV?

Thinking we will take some time to recap Game of Thrones while at sea...

Thanks!

We've been in 11083 two or three times on Marina and 11080 on Riviera on our last cruise.  Frankly, I've never used the media room so I can't specifically answer your questions.  But they do have tons of movies and etc. available to be watched through the TV. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mura said:

We've been in 11083 two or three times on Marina and 11080 on Riviera on our last cruise.  Frankly, I've never used the media room so I can't specifically answer your questions.  But they do have tons of movies and etc. available to be watched through the TV. 

Media room is good to store suitcases and take a nap once in a while. 

2 hours ago, DuggerPDX said:

We will be in 11080 on the Apr 2 TransAtlantic.

Question about the media room:

BluRay DVD player?  Has anyone hooked up their own device to watch media through the HDMI connection on the TV?

Thinking we will take some time to recap Game of Thrones while at sea...

Thanks!

There is a standalone BlueRay player as well as a VERY EXTENSIVE selection of on Demand movies, tv,  music and so on:

x_055707.jpg

Edited by StanandJim
  • Like 1

Unless it's changed you can set up a movie to play and watch in the bedroom or out by the hot tub. 

There is no TV is the living area of the Oceania Suite, although I think there is in a Vista suite, I don't know about the Owners. 

45 minutes ago, ORV said:

Unless it's changed you can set up a movie to play and watch in the bedroom or out by the hot tub. 

There is no TV is the living area of the Oceania Suite, although I think there is in a Vista suite, I don't know about the Owners. 

The one thing that the OS is missing is a TV in the living room area.   Hope they will put one in.  Should be pretty easy.