Home Port proposal for Newcastle.

But most of Newcastle don't even support The Knights..

The site of where it's going is the only logical site to have. Hope they have shuttle buses to The Brewery (The Big Pen*s). So people can explore from there either them-selves or with tour operators...:)

The current site is OK if it’s only a visit port, but in my opini9n not upto it for a home port, without some serious infrastructure support.

Never been a Knights fan.

Had some good mates involved in the club but, went to a game in season one, my boy was about four, very excited to see his bunnies play the knights, the abuse some adults threw at a little boy because he was shouting “Go bunnies” was disgusting.

Yes, they managed to win all of the grand finals they have been in.;p

Yes only took them 89 years to win their first, then it was a half - comp.

I do concede they are superbly glorious at wooden spoon collection though, a current hat-trick is not to be sneezed at ever! Executed to perfection so there is that they don't do half-arsed.

Any way they are the West Newcastle Maggots now so we will see if that lifts them out of the cellar. :evilsmile:

A "Billionaire" and a Bennett (a SUPER COACH no less couldn't :rolleyes: ) so lets see if the local Booze & Bandit Behemoth can lift the poor sods out of the mire of mediocrity and up the ladder. :loudcry:

r.

:cool:

All the state needs now is a high speed rail network between Sydney and Newcastle to make it work and get people up here on holidays to leave this port on a ship.

I have just spent 4 weeks in Japan and if a Japanese Shinkansen existed here it could easily do the Sydney to Newcastle rail journey in close to 40 minutes. Our antiquated embarrassment of trains currently take 2 hours and 40 minutes or longer.

Not only would a high speed rail service suit the cruise industry but it would alleviate the housing price issues in Sydney allowing people to live outside of Sydney and catch a high speed rail in to work each day.

I admit Tokyo is the most populated Metropolis in the world and there are more people living in Tokyo than the entire population of Australia, but if you look at where Australia's population is situated it is all in the major cities around the coast.

I was amazed with the high speed rail in Japan. Almost every 4 minutes a 400m long 16 carriage Shinkansen is leaving a major station either in Tokyo, Nagoya, Kyoto or any other major hub for a high speed journey across the country and this happens all day long. Between Nagoya and Tokyo a Shinkansen left almost every 4 minutes. The speed my mobile measured was over 330km/h on that train.

Could anyone imagine what that would do to improve Australia if we could have that. Bear in mind Japan has a lot of seismic activity, has hot and humid summers, freezing cold winters and they have perfected this technology to make it work and keep their country and economy moving.

Yes only took them 89 years to win their first, then it was a half - comp.

And the second one doesn’t count as the mighty bunnies were out.

And I think West’s had to buy them after what the mighty Scirps did to them in the Grand Final they need to try something

Had some good mates involved in the club but, went to a game in season one, my boy was about four, very excited to see his bunnies play the knights, the abuse some adults threw at a little boy because he was shouting “Go bunnies” was disgusting.

Yeah, those Rabid fans can be absolutely feral.

All the state needs now is a high speed rail network between Sydney and Newcastle to make it work and get people up here on holidays to leave this port on a ship.

I have just spent 4 weeks in Japan and if a Japanese Shinkansen existed here it could easily do the Sydney to Newcastle rail journey in close to 40 minutes. Our antiquated embarrassment of trains currently take 2 hours and 40 minutes or longer.

Not only would a high speed rail service suit the cruise industry but it would alleviate the housing price issues in Sydney allowing people to live outside of Sydney and catch a high speed rail in to work each day.

I admit Tokyo is the most populated Metropolis in the world and there are more people living in Tokyo than the entire population of Australia, but if you look at where Australia's population is situated it is all in the major cities around the coast.

I was amazed with the high speed rail in Japan. Almost every 4 minutes a 400m long 16 carriage Shinkansen is leaving a major station either in Tokyo, Nagoya, Kyoto or any other major hub for a high speed journey across the country and this happens all day long. Between Nagoya and Tokyo a Shinkansen left almost every 4 minutes. The speed my mobile measured was over 330km/h on that train.

Could anyone imagine what that would do to improve Australia if we could have that. Bear in mind Japan has a lot of seismic activity, has hot and humid summers, freezing cold winters and they have perfected this technology to make it work and keep their country and economy moving.

A good Fast train network would be awesome.

Ditto mate

That is typical of the feral element.

Born and bred here lived the majority of my life here love the area with a passion and funnily enough most of the people yet almost unfailingly when I come across those that leave you to question Darwin's theory of Evolution they inevitably are huge "Fans" of the Knights.

I say "Fans", because when you follow up with the question how long have you been a Member? The answer is just about always - oh I'm not. Having to pay and actually supporting the club is not seen as a priority and so they are only runner up to the Gold Coast and Cronulla on the podium of how many times they have gone broke.

It may be "Our Town" but certainly not the majorities "Our Team". :D

Cheers r.

A good Fast train network would be awesome.

It could do so much for the country, includ8ng affordable housing if you could live further out with a fast train to the big smoke to work. And it’d do so much for some of those regional areas.

Tim Fisher has some interesting things to say about it all, including having looked long and hard at the numbers.

Ditto mate

That is typical of the feral element.

Born and bred here lived the majority of my life here love the area with a passion and funnily enough most of the people yet almost unfailingly when I come across those that leave you to question Darwin's theory of Evolution they inevitably are huge "Fans" of the Knights.

I say "Fans", because when you follow up with the question how long have you been a Member? The answer is just about always - oh I'm not. Having to pay and actually supporting the club is not seen as a priority and so they are only runner up to the Gold Coast and Cronulla on the podium of how many times they have gone broke.

It may be "Our Town" but certainly not the majorities "Our Team". :D

Cheers r.

True.

Of course for many, like me, there was a team they’d been following for years before the knights came into existence, no way I was changing teams, the Knights could really have done a lot if they pushed for ‘older” fans to take them on as a second team.

Re membership, Rugby League doesn’t seem to garner the membership of some sports. I think the highest membership in the comp is around 35,000, lowest around 10,000 really not that high for the number of people who say they follow a particular team

It could do so much for the country, includ8ng affordable housing if you could live further out with a fast train to the big smoke to work. And it’d do so much for some of those regional areas.

Tim Fisher has some interesting things to say about it all, including having looked long and hard at the numbers.

Apart from the obvious advantages there are many smaller ones that would far outweigh the expense of construction.

True.

Of course for many, like me, there was a team they’d been following for years before the knights came into existence, no way I was changing teams, the Knights could really have done a lot if they pushed for ‘older” fans to take them on as a second team.

Re membership, Rugby League doesn’t seem to garner the membership of some sports. I think the highest membership in the comp is around 35,000, lowest around 10,000 really not that high for the number of people who say they follow a particular team

Could be worse, there are teams out there with no support until they get a premiership and then everyone has a Jersey.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

A thought occurred to me (it hurt a little). Can tour operators pick up at Carrington or do they have to wait for them to be brought around to the foreshore by shuttle?

I know some at least pick up at Carro for ships tours. I presume private tours do to, it’s hard to work out what busses and vans are ship excursion and which are private, but I’ve seen plenty come over from Carro and head towards the vineyards.

2 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I know some at least pick up at Carro for ships tours. I presume private tours do to, it’s hard to work out what busses and vans are ship excursion and which are private, but I’ve seen plenty come over from Carro and head towards the vineyards.

It would depend on how the port operates, some do not allow any private companies to enter so the shuttle is mandatory unless using the ship's tour.