Royal Visa Points Redemption

Kissmya63

I redeemed some points on Saturday for OBC. Can I use it in the cruise planner to purchase drink packages? I called, and they told me I won't see it until at least tomorrow, but is that true? They also told me the drink package sale wasn't available for my cruise, which ended up not being true. Seems like some of the employees don't know what they're talking about.

I redeemed some points on Saturday for OBC. Can I use it in the cruise planner to purchase drink packages? I called, and they told me I won't see it until at least tomorrow, but is that true? They also told me the drink package sale wasn't available for my cruise, which ended up not being true. Seems like some of the employees don't know what they're talking about.

You can use the Visa points OBC to purchase Cruise Planner items. However, Visa points OBC is added to the booking in order of cruise date, so if your cruise is far in the future, it could be months before you see the OBC.

My cruise is at the end of April 2018 and I was really hoping to use it for the cyber Monday sale. I know there is no guarantee, but what are the chances the drink package will go on sale again before the cruise? It seems like it usually does.

Thanks for your quick responses!! :-)

My cruise is at the end of April 2018 and I was really hoping to use it for the cyber Monday sale. I know there is no guarantee, but what are the chances the drink package will go on sale again before the cruise? It seems like it usually does.

Thanks for your quick responses!! :-)

There's no pattern to the "sales". However, if you purchase and later find the price has gone down, you can cancel and re-order. If you initially pay with OBC, you get that OBC back instantly when you cancel.

There's no pattern to the "sales". However, if you purchase and later find the price has gone down, you can cancel and re-order. If you initially pay with OBC, you get that OBC back instantly when you cancel.

Thanks Bob for your help!

I really appreciate it!

I will have to find something else to spend the Visa redemption OBC on. I already had $300 OBC for booking on my last cruise so I just spent $32 per day per person for drink packages for me and DH! Can't go wrong with that!!!

Thanks again!!