Drink Cards Recently on Oasis

GeorgiaMOM

Can someone tell me if there have been drink cards recently on Oasis, and when they are available. We sail December 17, and don't want to purchase the drink package.

Thank you

On our cruise, they didn't start selling them until day 5.

just off OASIS this Sunday and concur it was day 4 ... there were signs at the bar. Mrs asked me why we didn't do that instead of package as well ... cuz they don't offer b4 the cruise ...

OTOH with the package, and having done no excursions or room service our account never went over ZERO ..... was nice to leave the ship having paid nothing else.

Did we get our money's worth out of the drink package? Mrs is not a big drinker .... I do more damage than her but am not an 'all day' drinker even on vacation. I'm happy believing we broke about even having bought at a good rate by watching the package price daily for a few weeks .... added to the 'no bill as we leave' and I'm happy ....

I would mention that we frequented one bar in particular for a couple of evening hours each day and the bartenders there recognized we had the package and were going to be 'regulars'. They helped us get the most bang for the buck on our package! They consistently encouraged us to take the highest grade pour for what we were drinking and often made Mrs something 'to try' .... "don't worry about it, you're not paying for it!" And at dinner once they realized we were on the package our wine glass was full soon after we sat down (traditional dining) and if it got half down, another glass was quickly provided. In other words, no holds barred when on the package, they DO try to help you get your money's worth IME.

We are on a B2B on Harmony in January. Does anyone know if we purchase a drink card in the first week and don't use it all, could it be used in the 2nd week?

Haven't tried it myself, but people have reported being told that the card could be used on another cruise.

Best to confirm onboard, before you buy.

Nice. I don't understand the folio number thing since they say you can share the card.

That's their attempt at dating it. Fortunately, people often get replacement cards, and that generates New folio number. So all you have to do when challenged is say your card got replaced. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

That's their attempt at dating it. Fortunately, people often get replacement cards, and that generates New folio number. So all you have to do when challenged is say your card got replaced. 😉

Might be harder to explain when you try to get a drink on day one when the cards are not for sale.

This is a little off topic but would I be able to purchase a drink card for my 20 year old daughter? I have twin daughters who just turned 20 however I am okay with them having a few drinks on our cruise--they are after all college students and I am not stupid.... I can't purchase the drink packages for them and don't feel right about and or would be to stressed to purchase it for myself and then "share"....But I am sure they would enjoy a drink card or sharing a drink card so long story short can I purchase a few drink cards at a time and could they use it themselves?

This is a little off topic but would I be able to purchase a drink card for my 20 year old daughter? I have twin daughters who just turned 20 however I am okay with them having a few drinks on our cruise--they are after all college students and I am not stupid.... I can't purchase the drink packages for them and don't feel right about and or would be to stressed to purchase it for myself and then "share"....But I am sure they would enjoy a drink card or sharing a drink card so long story short can I purchase a few drink cards at a time and could they use it themselves?

No, they would be carded by the bar servers. Also, that is one of the rules that if broken can get you put off the ship.