Best Key Lime Pie?

allen.crawford

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

What is the address or directions to LaDichosa Bakery?

Is this some place we might happen across while shopping in Key West or do you have to make a special trip there?

We do not dock until 10 am. By the time we dock, get off the ship and make it to the bakery, will the pies be gone?

Do they only sell whole pies? I guess at $8 it doesn't matter, but I am not sure we could finish a whole pie.

Maggie

La Dichosa is located at 1206 White St and not convenient to walking from the cruise pier.

Also the family that has owned the bakery for years recently sold out and the new owners have been remodeling and I am not sure if they have reopened yet.:(

Mike:)

What a mission - Finding the best Key Lime Pie in KW. Everyone is right. Each place seriousely has the best Key Lime Pie, because they are really all damn tasty. Not to mention the Key Lime cookies and ice cream. Tthe better restaurants all make their own, and on our last trip (Feb '07) We sampled Kermits, Key Lime Pie Factory, as well as some served at resataurants. Our only preferance is a dollup of whipped cream rather than meringue.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How about getting a pie now?

Standard 9"

Key Lime Pie

$64.95

Pie $12.95

Shipping Container $12.00

Dry Ice $5.00

Shipping

$35.00

Frozen Key Lime Pie Dipped in Chocolate

On A Stick

12 Bars $109.95

Bars $42.00

Container $16.05

Dry Ice $11.90

FedEx Service $40.00

Cheap at any price, Right?

• 3 weeks later...
What a mission - Finding the best Key Lime Pie in KW. Everyone is right. Each place seriousely has the best Key Lime Pie, because they are really all damn tasty. Not to mention the Key Lime cookies and ice cream. Tthe better restaurants all make their own, and on our last trip (Feb '07) We sampled Kermits, Key Lime Pie Factory, as well as some served at resataurants. Our only preferance is a dollup of whipped cream rather than meringue.

You are so right! Try 'em all. The only Key Lime pies I won't eat are the green ones!:D It's a Florida thing!!!!

It's meringue-topped to about half a foot tall, homemade fresh every day, and easily serves two. Beyond this, it is something akin to marvelous, something that at lasts matches up to its reputation.

People, throw away the meringue and whipped cream! Eat it naked for the full flavor. And God forbid, ditch the nuts! My late Miami Grandmother would roll over in her grave if I ever ate a pie this way!!!!! Just a Florida boy's opinion.:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
It is one block east of Mo's and Faustos....pink building located between Catherine and United on White Street

Hey Clay how long have you lived in Key West and I agree that the ones you suggested are the best even though the old owners sold out several months ago - are the old locals still going there like Harry Knight? Just curious.

Thanks

Shirley

an ol conch of 5 generations

Well Shirley, unfortunately I haven't lived in Key West in about 1 year and half.....the high price of living in Paradise, combined with a job transfer i couldn't turn down moved me back to NC....though due to the slump in the housing market I still am a home owner - let me know if you want a beautiful renovated vacation home! Anyway, regarding locals...la Dionosia (gosh I wish I could spell) was very much the locals place when I left...but don't know how it is now under the new owners.

Clay

A former Key West Local

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I have read the threads that are now getting dated about the best conch fritters and key lime pie, I was surprised that one of the key lime pie debate threads ended with Halfshell Rawbar beating out Kermits, Blonde Girraffe etc. But that was a few months back. But that could kill two birds with one stone if true. Also has anyone tried Big Daddys for seafood including conch fritters, the menu looked pretty good and it is close to Malory square.

I am bringing this forward for quick find later.:D

The best Key Lime I have had was in Avon, the Outerbanks of NC. I forge the name of the place but it was not on the ocean side of the highway. OMG it homemade and we went there to eat there the first night on that vacation and learned to call to see if their pie lady was working the next nights. After that we would go for take out Key Lime Pie.

I do not like the meringue, I want real whip and I like the graham cracker cruise not the pastry. I always thought this is what makes it a real Key Lime Pie.

• 1 month later...

I have been going down to key West since I was a little girl and lets just say I have been there ALOT! LOL Well my husband and I live in SW Florida and we enjoy going to Key West often, he is reitred military so we stay on base for a steal..........I am ashamed to say that just a few weeks ago was my very first time have the chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick and the blonde Giraff.........wow it was yummy, although a traditional Key lime pie is always the best!!

There is a small retaurant where we live that has frozen Key Lime pie, the owner did it by mistake and it became a huge hit LOL It is very good :)

I have made many home made key lime pies as well, with and without marangue............trust me all of it is good LOL

some of the pies are pretty expensive but for the most part visitors are only buying by the slice so I say..........try them all LOL!!! Or just keep comming back to this great little island again and again and again until you have had a slice from each place LOL:D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...