Best Key Lime Pie?

allen.crawford

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

just got back on the Ryndam and stopped by the Blonde Giraffe on Monday...can't say I'd go back. The only two employees were bickering so we had to wait for them to stop fighting and notice us standing across the counter from them to place an order for two slices of pie. Once we paid, then they decided to tell us they were out of forks and knives...so they had nothing with which we could eat the pie.

Got our money back and let them go back to bickering. Too bad, we were really looking forward to it, but the experience left us with a bad taste in our mouths.

...pun intended.

• 2 weeks later...
In my humble but very well experienced opinion, you can't beat La Dinoschsa's value...

Clay - a key west local

So I'm sailing my boat down from Fort Myers Beach to Key West in May 10thish and need directins to La Dinoschsa's...

I like the Key Lime Shop, but you've perked my interest.

Thanks in advance...

So I'm sailing my boat down from Fort Myers Beach to Key West in May 10thish and need directins to La Dinoschsa's...

I like the Key Lime Shop, but you've perked my interest.

Thanks in advance...

Sorry but they closed a couple of years ago.

Mike:)

• 2 months later...

Ok, I consider myself a key lime pie connoisseur and make a pretty good key lime pie myself but are going to be in Key West and would like to try some of theirs. I really don't like a sweet pie it's got to have a tart bite to it.. any suggestions???

Key lime juice from a bottle :eek: :(:eek:!!! Why???? Fresh key limes are so readily available now at almost any grocery store and juice from a bottle doesn't come with the zest :D one of the best parts of the key lime.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I got this one, the Blond Giraffe is by far the best Key Lime Pie I have ever tasted!!! They are written up about and win prizes every year! I walk all the from the sea port in Key West in 90 degrees temps. to the Blond Giraffe and a piece of this pie! No matter what we have planned and what we wind up doing, the Blond Giraffe is at the top of the list!

Check out their website at www.blondgiraffe.com.

You won't be sorry, I promise!

Why we charge $ 120.00 when we ship a 10 inches Key Lime Pie ?

1 10 inches deep dish whole key lime pie (37 oz) X $ 29.00 (serves 10 to 12).

Container and corrugated box: $ 9.00

Dry Ice : $ 3.00

Handling: $ 4.00

Overnight Priority Fedex: $ 75.00

Total: $ 120.00

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I've been researching some restaurants and places to shop in Key West for our visit in August. The Blonde Giraffe keeps coming up as the best place to have key lime pie. Last night on the Food network they did a show on the best foods on a stick and right up there with corn dogs was frozen key lime pie on a stick from the Blonde Giraffe.

Anyone been there??? Is it as great as it sounds???? I love key lime pie and plan to buy several bottles of key lime juice to take home to make my pies.

dondonma

I've actually been to THE BLOND GIRAFFE (several times but shhh dont tell any one else) and I freaking love there Key Lime Pie dipped in chocolate and on a stick. Yes, it is a bit pricey but I dont mind paying alot for something I enjoy! I am telling you that you will not be disappointed at all!

Just read the last post before mine and it states THE BLOND GIRAFFE is closed?! Say it aint so!! I was looking forward to my pie on our stop in the Keys in March! :mad::( Waaaaaahhhh Im so upset right now! Going to their website to check out if this is really true.

I found that THE BLOND GIRAFFE's webiste is gone and someone that lives in Key West posted this::eek:

"ALL OF THESE ARE CLOSED..

They have notice of eviction "notices" placed on all of there windows as they owe the landlords over $13k in rent from October 2010."

Im so sad right now. So now I have to start my key lime pie search all over again? Who will replace my idea of the best key lime pie? LOL

• 2 weeks later...

We did a Key Lime crawl last week in Key West. Our top vote getter was Key Lime Pie Outlet on Greene. Kermits was a close second and a bit tarter. We had the Blond Giraffe on our list but alas we did find them closed. No other pie was near the top two for us.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

There are many places close to the cruise ship to buy pie. Here are two that I know make their own. Roof Top Cafe and Blue Heaven. You can walk to either but I am not sure if either ships pies. Blue Heaven is a favorite for locals. I am working on a web site for cruise ship customers and would appreciate any feedback. I am trying to make it a honest review. I have not gone to the world of food and restaurants yet. http://www.keywestbycruiseship.com

John

ps site is not a commercial site

• 7 months later...

The best place we tried Key West Key Lime Pie Co on Greene Street. They even have Gluten free which was great. I loved it. We were there the beginning of this month. I would recommend this place to anyone. I talked to the guy that was working there. He even showed me the crust they used for gluten free. The same graham cracker crust I use. It is great.