One day Excursion in Seattle....

hondo1717

Hi Everyone,

Seem to be having a difficult time locating an excursion for Seattle on day of departure. We are traveling on a one day cruise from Vancouver BC to Seattle on April 27th, then taking the seven day inside passage cruise on April 28. We did not want to just hang our at the port or on the ship, but were looking for an excursion that we could do then get back to the ship for the departure. I understand Princess does not offer any excursions for this scenario. I have tried and asked but no affirmative responses. Does anyone have an idea. I have also looked at a couple of excursion companies but, they do not offer cruise port pickup and return. Just hotel pickup and drop off at port.

Much Thanks...

Hi Everyone,

Seem to be having a difficult time locating an excursion for Seattle on day of departure. We are traveling on a one day cruise from Vancouver BC to Seattle on April 27th, then taking the seven day inside passage cruise on April 28. We did not want to just hang our at the port or on the ship, but were looking for an excursion that we could do then get back to the ship for the departure. I understand Princess does not offer any excursions for this scenario. I have tried and asked but no affirmative responses. Does anyone have an idea. I have also looked at a couple of excursion companies but, they do not offer cruise port pickup and return. Just hotel pickup and drop off at port.

Much Thanks...

As best I remember, there is no excursion after the one-day cruise to Seattle from Vancouver. Many of the passengers come down strictly for shopping and aren't interested in doing an excursion.

Tom

Thanks very much for the reply. Sounds like a good idea "treat as a port stop". I know we would like to see the space needle and pikes market... So maybe, we take a tax to the market then onto the space needle for lunch, then back to the port.... Hmmm sounds good. Thanks again, and happy holidays...

Thanks very much for the reply. Sounds like a good idea "treat as a port stop". I know we would like to see the space needle and pikes market... So maybe, we take a tax to the market then onto the space needle for lunch, then back to the port.... Hmmm sounds good. Thanks again, and happy holidays...

I think you will have fun at Pike Place Market and Space Needle. If you have not been to a large Chihuly exhibit - I would do this:

https://www.chihulygardenandglass.com

I have not been there but have been to others and want to do this one next time I am in Seattle. It is next to the Space Needle.

I think you will have fun at Pike Place Market and Space Needle. If you have not been to a large Chihuly exhibit - I would do this:

https://www.chihulygardenandglass.com

I have not been there but have been to others and want to do this one next time I am in Seattle. It is next to the Space Needle.

Thanks for the heads up, I love Chihuly and have seen many exhibits at various gardens around the country. I'm definitely adding this to my list!

Thanks for the heads up, I love Chihuly and have seen many exhibits at various gardens around the country. I'm definitely adding this to my list!

We just had a permanent (somewhat) large exhibit installed where I live about 6 months ago. I have stopped several times and am always impressed. There are 2 large exhibits in WA and I would love to see them one day.

Download the One Bus Away app. It's a real time update of all the bus stop covered under King County Metro and accurate to the minute with bus stop locations, ETA, and maps. Also, don't be afraid to use the Link Rail, which will take you from SoDo to the University of Washington. To get to the Space Needle from the cruise terminal just walk up to Westlake and 4th, go inside Westlake Mall and take the Monorail. $2.50 and it takes you right to the bottom of the Space Needle...just make sure to bring cash. You can also ride the um, The SLUT to Lake Union. It's our cable car system with a very unfortunate acronym.

I'm a Seattle native and it's gotten so crowded here that we just park at either Mercer Island or Northgate and bus it in. Cheap and easy!

By the way Chihuly Gardens are right next to the Space Needle. Well worth the vist.

My husband did not want to see them as it had gardens in the title. He was so glad he did.

We have done a far bit of travelling and have never seen anything like them in my life.