Wind Spirit "Dreams of Tahiti" review

vlaurend

Petoonya, I'm not sure where the $1400 comes in. We are just interested in the Tahaa drift snorkel which is only $129 from memory. I actually found a 9 minute YouTube by a passenger and it gave me a good feeling of what it is like. I must admit to being a little disappointed with the lack of colours in the coral and hope it was just a product of water and lens of camera. I'm not one to say 'ours is bigger and better' but the Great Barrier Reef has amazing colours. Could be the shallow water too, with a high sunlight exposure. I'd be interested to hear opinions from anyone.

Vlaurend thank you for all your info and tips. We are sailing 26/4 and I would love to do the drift snorkel but confess to being a bit worried. I will wear the full kit but is it a fast current? Can I stand at all? Is there a sandy bottom or is it all coral? I really, really don't want to miss it as everyone says it is the highlight of the cruise. Thank you.

The current itself was not strong, and it was not difficult to stand up. And there are places to stand; it isn't solid coral. It's just that when your mask starts letting water in, and you stand and start fumbling with it while balancing, it doesn't take much to make you brush up against the coral just a little bit. And that's all it takes. Cover up and enjoy the beautiful ride!