Cruise Critic Community
angelik

Has anyone used italytours.eu recently? Looking for recommendations

I used ItalyToursEU for the best of Florence/Pisa tour from the NCL epic.  The drive was waiting for me when I got off the ship.  Very easy to find.

The trip was great, driver was professional and friendly.   They did exactly what they said they would do and made it back to the cruise ship on time.

On 11/20/2019 at 4:04 PM, ctompkins said:

Hi Gay,

Well glad my review helped you out.  ItalyToursEU were really great.  Make sure when signing up online you keep all your email correspondence in a folder.  Sometimes, with all the tours we booked, (with this company and others), I was confused on whether we were actually signed up and confirmed?  Print your confirmation pages and bring them with you, as they will give you info as “paid, dress requirements, meeting places, etc.

Have a great time!

Colleen

Colleen, thank you.  I have a 1" binder all with tab divers by Port, usually I have a folder but with so many ports and Tours decided to go with the Binder this time. Like for Rome and Naples etc, the Emails from Christina include the descriptions of the tours and the Booking/Paid confirmation emails. & pick up Times. I have also added her to my Cell Phone Contacts. This will be a first for the daughter & I . We would have loved to do the Greek Isle but this will give us a nice start then we have the TA following back to Miami. My husband & I did a lot of cruising but his last one was our 2017 Copenhagen TA on the Serenade. He wanted so much to go on the Oasis for the Spring of 2018 but had to cancel it so now the daughter is joining me.:classic_smile:. Daughter is working in Aurora during the winter at the Amazon Wherehouse until her Spring Jobs open back up again.

We enjoyed our visits to Pisa & Florence with Italy Tours earlier in November very much. Both our driver and guide were very informative. Franco picked us up at the pier, got us to Pisa early before the crowds arrived, and got us safely back to the ship from Florence despite the heavy rain & traffic. He was great. And we appreciated the insights Alessia shared about the important sights. We hope to return some day and see more.

It was a very good day!

We used ItalyTours for all 3 ports in Italy in Nov 2019 ( Naple- Sorrento/Amalfi coast  ; Rome- Best of Rome ; and Livorno- Cinque Terre ) . Booking and all correspondences were super easy. I am very impressed with how quickly they respond to my questions and inquiries. Of the 3 tours- I was particularly impressed with how much we covered in Rome. Definitely best value. The guide was very easy to find after leaving the ship, they speak good English, are pleasant and accommodating. The vans are new and comfortable for even 8 adults ( full capacity ). For Rome, our guide even surprised us with a couple of detours that took us to some stunning areas in Rome that we can take panoramic photos of the city. So happy to have booked with them. 

We have 3 tours set up with Italy Tours for Florence/Pisa, Rome & Naples. This will be our first trip to these Ports but have found Christina to be very easy to work with, Thorough and are looking forward to our visit next Oct . 

We were very impressed with Italy Tours - it was very organized and we enjoyed the small group.

We also was impressed with the over all communication from the initial contact to the actual tour. The drivers and guides were knowledgeable and shared the important information and also allowed us to just appreciate the scenery.

The overall comfort on the buses was better than expected.  I have very long legs and am "Hippie" so comfort was a highlight of the tours.  

We were very glad to participate in the tours.  After hearing some of the experiences that others on the ship had on their large group tours, we were very happy with the experiences we had with Italy Tours and would highly recommend them to others that are planning a trip in Italy .  We will certainly use them again if our travels bring us back to the beautiful country of Italy .

Breakdown of our tours

Livornio for Florence and Pisa -October 15 -  Had a wonderful driver and very interesting guide.  Enjoyed the entire day. Was very crowded in Florence , but laughed when the driver said it was a small crowd.  Hate to see it during high season.  We saw the highlights of the cities and have a desire to go back to see more in detail. Loved it

Naples - Classic Amalfi Coast - October 23 -  I must say this was one of my favorite tours of the entire 36 day cruise.  The scenery was just breathtaking and our driver was amazing.  To be able to drive so well and made all of us very comfortable in his hands.  I am still going through the amazing photographs from this journey.

Loved the tours!!