Has anyone used italytours.eu recently? Looking for recommendations

angelik

We used Italy Tours in November and you could not ask for more.

The guide was easy to find off the ship and we had a small group 14 I think from memory and the guide Gianluca went beyond and made sure that everything that we paid for was completed even battling traffic to get to Positano

The bus was comfortable and the guide in Pompeii Annalisa put more in the two hours than we thought possible in a busy place but skipped most of the lines.

We had plenty of time in Sorrento and found a great cafe for lunch in one of the side streets.

We can't recommend Italy Tours enough from when we were picked up and dropped off at the ship with plenty of time to spare

We used Italytours.eu for four tours on our November cruise. Nico and Cristina answered all my questions promptly and everything turned out exactly as promised: drivers were where they said they would be when they said they would be and we were always delivered back to the ship in plenty of time. We did tours of the Amalfi coast out of Naples, the Etruscan tombs and medieval villages of Tuscania and Tarquinia out of Civitavecchia, San Gimignano and Siena out of Livorno and Aix-en-Provence and Cassis out of Marseilles.

We were groups of eight (arranged on our roll call previously) in eight passenger vans. I knew ahead of time that our drivers would be just that: drivers, not guides. We've always been independent travelers and wanted reliable transport more than a guided tour, and we were more than satisfied. 

Paul, in Marseilles was a huge surprise, as he turned out to be not only our favorite driver, but one of the best guides we have ever had in years of European travel. He is definitely an asset and our group loved him. All in all, I was highly pleased with our tours with italytours.eu and highly recommend them.  

My wife and I used ItalyTours.EU for our excursions in Rome and Naples during our honeymoon with Royal Caribbean. We did the Best of Rome and the Naples, Sorrento, Pompei, and Amalfi Coast tours with them and both were very affordable compared to what was being offered by the cruise line. I like touring in small groups rather than the large groups with the cruise line, and these tours were no larger than 8 people. The drivers and guides we had throughout both tours were very knowledgeable about the destination and safely got us back to our cruise ship in a timely manner. They do their best to make sure you arrive back on time before your ship leaves. Would highly recommend for booking excursions. We will definitely use them again in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2018 at 6:08 PM, erby2283 said:

Question. We're y'all's roll calls dead prior to cruising? I'd love to book some shared tours with this company but cannot afford a private tour for 2 in a lot of our ports. Unfortunately (or fortunately), we are the only ship in port in most cases so I can't even coordinate with other roll calls. My roll call is totally dead and even though we're 9 months out, all the previous cruises I have been on have had much more active roll calls. Is this due to the fact that it's a Mediterranean cruise? Do younr commend I send them email anyway to get pricing on the tours I am interested in? Thanks everyone. So excited for my first trip to Europe! 

My roll call is pretty quiet too... very frustrating... we are doing 3 cruises in June July 2019 and the last one, the roll call is very active, but the other 2... nothing...  what ship cruise are you on? We are on Emerald princess June 8 from Barcelona to Rome, then RCL Rhapsody Of Seas 29 June from Venice..

Italy Tours were great, posted a review after our cruise in November. Lots of people were looking to jump on private tours at the last minute so this might be the case for your trip.. maybe just repost looking for other cruisers periodically would help since many people only look at the most current posts. Good luck!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Our Itinerary: Naples, Sorrento, Positano, through the Amalfi Coast

Our group of 4 thought this particular tour was wonderful! Our ship, Celebrity Constellation, docked in Naples, November 2018 and we were picked up very timely and conveniently after disembarking. Our guide, Carlo, was waiting for us in the designated area. We were all very happy we chose this tour. Basically, everything outlined in the online itinerary we observed or visited. It was a full day tour and Carlo was always conscious of getting us back to our ship on time. This was our 2nd time taking a non-ship sponsored tour and it was so worth it, value wise and itinerary. The towns and cities we visited were beautiful. It was a lot to see but well planned out! We all highly recommend this tour company. Cristina was our contact person @ ItalyTours.EU and she communicated so well with me prior to booking and after. I felt confident going with this tour company which originally came highly recommended through Cruise Critic, so therefore paying it forward. This is the itinerary we chose, but there are many others to choose from. 

23 hours ago, erby2283 said:

Question tho those who have used Italy Tours - did you pay for your tour when confirmed or did you pay a less amount up front and then pay the balance closer to the cruise?

We paid when we confirmed.

Edited by SoccerMom#3
  • Like 1

For our upcoming June cruise we booked the Florence/Pisa tour with Italy Tours.  If you have done this tour before can you tell me if you actually go inside the churches/cathedrals or just see them from the outside?  Since it will be hot and a very long day we want to be as comfortable as possible so shorts might be the way to go.  Thx!

Very interested in Italy Tours.eu. 

Naples: which would you choose the Classic Amalfi or Naples Sorrento and Positano. We are looking to see as much of the Amalfi area and hope to have some time to wander towns.

Livorno- Florence with them. Is it worth it or am I better to take a train or do a Florence on your own transfer as most of the area is pedestrian?

Thanks for your help 

One other quick question, when I carefully read the Rome tour, Are the tickets to the Vatican not included. if we do a small group tour and choose not to get tickets to the Vatican, More interested in the Colosseum  is there something for us to do while others do the Vatican?

Open to being convinced to do the Vatican as opposed to the Colosseum

We did the Med. last year on Norwegian Epic, first time in Europe and probably last, so we wanted to see as much as possible in the time we had.  Italy Tours EU was the best. We did 2 tours with them and I wish we had done all 3 in Italy. We did the Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast with a view of Positano and lunch break and wander time in Sorrento  and also Best of Florence and Pisa. Both tours were very good, very long days though.  For Rome, we went with another company. The tickets for the Colosseum and Vatican were extra, I don't think they are included in any of the tours. and not sure if you are guaranteed to get in. We went to both but the lines were horrendous and the wait times long, especially the colosseum, and we were there in early May. Still glad we did it all, though. Good luck with your planning and .........Happy sails...................Patti

2 hours ago, pattycake1939 said:

We did the Med. last year on Norwegian Epic, first time in Europe and probably last, so we wanted to see as much as possible in the time we had.  Italy Tours EU was the best. We did 2 tours with them and I wish we had done all 3 in Italy. We did the Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast with a view of Positano and lunch break and wander time in Sorrento  and also Best of Florence and Pisa. Both tours were very good, very long days though.  For Rome, we went with another company. The tickets for the Colosseum and Vatican were extra, I don't think they are included in any of the tours. and not sure if you are guaranteed to get in. We went to both but the lines were horrendous and the wait times long, especially the colosseum, and we were there in early May. Still glad we did it all, though. Good luck with your planning and .........Happy sails...................Patti

So happy to see you enjoyed it! I have one confirmed shared tour and it's the one I wanted most (Amalfi coast / Positano / Pompeii). Waiting to see if my other three book up (Rome, Florence and Nice..wasn't sure they did one in Nice but I asked and they do!)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:00 PM, glowery27 said:

We used them for 2 excursions and are beyond pleased.

We have never booked outside of the cruise line before and felt very confident in our choice after much research through cruise critic reviews and responsiveness through email. Overall these two days are our most cherished day of our 7 day on NCL out of Barcelona. I wish we would've booked our 3rd Italian port with them.

It's fantastic to have a smaller intimate group. You hear better and get to do more. They make use of every minute and make sure you see and know everything there is to know. The drivers did great. The vehicles are clean and comfortable.

Our first cruise stop at Pompeii/Sorrento/Amalfi Coast was amazing. Our tour guide was THE best. She made us feel like we were the only people in Pompeii. We were alone at all times, she was super knowledgeable, engaging, and entertaining. Our drive along the coast was amazing. We made several picture stops as well as bathroom and shopping stops.

Our next day was in Rome where we did Vatican City and chose to do the Coliseum add on. The driver took us to the most delicious pizza spot Alice. He also took us on several stops I feel like we never would have do. The tour guide was also knowledgeable and great.

Over all, you definitely get your moneys worth if not more. I feel like we did way more than I ever would've dreamed of. They made several stops, saw a lot, and kept us safe and on time.

Can you please help me with a concern I have regarding the Rome Tour. We are trying to purchase the Skip the line for the Colosseum but ItalyTour sent us a email that they are not responsible if we miss our timed entrance. 

"Please know that the tickets are non-refundable and you may lose them if you don’t use them on time. In case of delay at port which will prevent us from arriving to the Colosseum on time (rarely happens),  they will not refund the tickets for you. Please note that we have absolutely no control or say in this matter".

I am concerned that other guests might make us late and traffic might keep us form being able to make our timed entrance. Did you share this same concern and did you feel like this could have been a potential issue?

Thank you

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:02 PM, HeyJude408 said:

We used ItalyTours.EU (Classic Amalfi) last November when sailing on Holland Aerica's Veendam. Cristina at ItalyTours.EU was very responsive, organized and reliable during the booking phase, which helped ease our minds about the excursion. She was also a pleasure to deal with and very helpful.

As for the excursion itself, our guide, Mimmo did a wonderful job of giving us a lengthy, but scenic drive along the breathtaking Amalfi Coast with a couple of stops to take photos and a lunch hour (approx. 90 minutes) stop in the town of Amalfi itself. The tour ended with a drive around Naples and back to our ship. We enjoyed Mimmo's charming personality and his knowledge and expertise when he responded to our many questions.

We will definitely book with ItalyTours.EU again in the future when we return!

I noticed there are no prices on their site.Do you have to send them a request to get a quote?

22 minutes ago, Moose12345 said:

I noticed there are no prices on their site.Do you have to send them a request to get a quote?

All of the small group tour prices are on their website, each tour's details includes price in Euros for small group tours. I think they don't list the private tour prices because it may vary depending on how you customize it.

On 2/5/2019 at 8:23 AM, erby2283 said:

Question tho those who have used Italy Tours - did you pay for your tour when confirmed or did you pay a less amount up front and then pay the balance closer to the cruise?

We just reserved the Amalfi Coast tour for a private group of 12 and desire to pay by credit card. We were given the choice to pay any amount of deposit with the reservation and balance 10 days before we leave for our trip.

8 hours ago, LuvKruzn said:

We just reserved the Amalfi Coast tour for a private group of 12 and desire to pay by credit card. We were given the choice to pay any amount of deposit with the reservation and balance 10 days before we leave for our trip.

So jealous you have a group of 12! One of my shared tours with them filled up but three of my others only have me so far. Have shared on my roll call and even looked up other ships in port with us that day but they arrive at different times so that wouldn’t work out. Hopefully since  we’re 5 months out, there’s a chance more will join us. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2019 at 9:54 AM, erby2283 said:

So jealous you have a group of 12! One of my shared tours with them filled up but three of my others only have me so far. Have shared on my roll call and even looked up other ships in port with us that day but they arrive at different times so that wouldn’t work out. Hopefully since  we’re 5 months out, there’s a chance more will join us. 

Same here--I have only 1 shared tour confirmed (Florence) but waiting for others to join for Naples and Rome. And in Barcelona with their sister company. They told me not to worry...We sail in September and I sure hope my roll call gets busier bc it is REALLY quiet. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2019 at 10:11 PM, Travel To Be Free said:

Does anyone know if they do tours of Cinque Terre from La Spezia?

I’d email them to ask. We were interested in a Cinque Terre tour from Livorno and hadn’t seen it on their site, but emailed them and they do it, so we booked for next October!