Has anyone used italytours.eu recently? Looking for recommendations

angelik

We used ItalyTours twice on our recent cruise, Best of Rome from Civitavecchia and Best of Florence and Pisa from Livorno. Booking was very easy, with detailed information provided. Both tours were excellent - collection right from the ship, fast transport in air conditioned minivans that were able to get right into the cities to drop us close to the sights, and great guides.

For Rome we didn't book tickets for the Colosseum beforehand, others in our group had and found the process easy, in hindsight we wish we had though it's still impressive from outside. Our guide for the Vatican was excellent, navigating through the crowds and picking out the highlights in the time available. Florence was stunning with another excellent guide, thanks to the early start we saw the sights before it got too busy then had some time to explore on our own. We would certainly use ItalyTours again.

We just got back from an Italy Cruise. We used ItalyTours EU and I can’t share enough positives about this company!  The company is easy to do business with, through, and professional. The drivers for two tours; Valeria and Isabell were great and very knowledgeable. This company promises to get back to the port before your ship’s time of departure or they pay to get you to your next port. (The scare tactic used by the cruise ship excursions that the ship will leave you if not back in time, so they can charge a huge amount.)  There was no concern with that. The savings were substantial and the tour vans are able to get closer to the attractions than the ship’s big buses. Less walking!  I totally recommend this company for your excursion needs. Thank you.

Our tour Italy Tours.EU to Florence and Pisa was excellent. We enjoyed the small group experience. 

Seeing the statue of David was the highlight of my vacation and I was able to enter the museum without waiting in line to purchase tickets, by adding the optional skip the line purchase. Our guide, Virginia,  was well versed in the history and culture of Florence and did a great job of leading us through the center city to see the highlights. Two hours was just the right amount of time on a hot summer day to prevent getting too tired to enjoy the tour. 

An hour of time was built into the schedule, for lunch on your own and shopping time, in Florence.

Our driver, Elenia, was very helpful in explaining the plan for the day and making sure that we were comfortable in the van. She also pointed out sites along the route and explained what we were seeing as we traveled. The use of a microphone by her was appreciated so that those of us in the back seat of the van could hear her over the air conditioning.

If I am back in Italy again, I will be sure to use Italy Tours.EU. 

Our time in Rome has been lengthened by our ship for 2 extra hours. Im wondering if Italytours would let us remain touring Rome longer than we would have been? Maybe for a price

We will be using them for 3 ports, are all the extra tickets bought online by us? Are we going to be in any lines to purchase tickets when we get there?

Also, once we have 8 people, do we have to pay then, or can we wait closer to the tour date?

Edited by aaalynn1

19 hours ago, aaalynn1 said:

Our time in Rome has been lengthened by our ship for 2 extra hours. Im wondering if Italytours would let us remain touring Rome longer than we would have been? Maybe for a price

We will be using them for 3 ports, are all the extra tickets bought online by us? Are we going to be in any lines to purchase tickets when we get there?

Also, once we have 8 people, do we have to pay then, or can we wait closer to the tour date?

What is the date that you will be in Rome? Because our day in Rome is Friday Sept. 27th, and our time in Rome has not been extended. We still leave port at 7pm from what it says on my calendar.

Edited by Moose12345
added a word

We used ItalyTours.EU for 5 tours during our recent Mediterranean Cruise- in Marseille, Florence/Pisa, Sicily, Rome and Pompeii/Sorrento.  All of the tours were good-- an excellent value and a way to avoid the large bus tours offered by the cruise lines.  We were in small groups--typically 8 people in a mini-van and had wonderful guides and drivers.  The highlight for us was our day spent with Giuseppe touring Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast. He was an absolute delight and had the entire group laughing and singing and made the day one of the most memorable of our three week European adventure.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moose12345 said:

What is the date that you will be in Rome? Because our day in Rome is Friday Sept. 27th, and our time in Rome has not been extended. We still leave port at 7pm from what it says on my calendar.

We will be in Rome July of next year. Our time in port was 7am to 8pm and now extended to 10pm. Im not really sure why that changed, just happy it did.

On 8/17/2019 at 9:36 PM, aaalynn1 said:

I think it depends on who is booked on your tour.If all from the same ship there should be no reason not to extend it.They are planning all their tours based on the ship schedules. If your tour has people from other ships in it which need to be in poret at a specific time then they won`t do it,even for money.

• Like 1

I have ItalyTours.EU for Best of Florence/Pisa and for Pompeii/Sorrento/Positano.  We had a small group experience and it was really nice.  Not much walking because Mercedes van took us to the hearts of these cities.  Had enough free time.  We had guides in both places.  Drivers were knowledgeable. It was a pleasure to deal with Chicco over the internet.  It was very easy to book both tours.

We booked 2 tours with ItalyTours during a recent cruise and cannot praise them enough. 

Rome (from Civitavecchia)
This tour was everything, and more, that I expected. The driver was prompt, courteous, and very knowledgeable. We had plenty of time to tour the Coliseum, and visit the Trevvi Fountain and the Spanish Steps. The tour of the Vatican surpassed all my expectations. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable, and we spent many happy hours viewing all the treasures the Vatican has to offer.  Overall, a wonderful tour that I would thoroughly recommend. 

Florence and Pisa (from Livorno)
An absolutely wonderful driver!  Upon entering the air-conditioned mini-bus he immediately offered us candy, wet wipes, tissues etc, together with tv. Also very knowledgeable and courteous. Florence was beautiful, the guide very knowledgable, with plenty of time to view everything and ask questions. Pisa, also beautiful, with plenty of time to walk around and view the Basilica and the Leaning Tower. Another wonderful tour, and I would thoroughly recommend ItalyTours.

We recently used them for a tour of POMPEII , SORRENTO & THE AMALFI COAST . It was terrific from start to finish.  We found our guide, Rosario, easily, and we had espresso together while waiting for another couple.  I've had many guides in my life and Rosario was among the very best. 

Italy tours(  www.ItalyTours.EU) was fantastic to deal with.   They answered any and all questions I had in a most professional manner and very, very quickly as well..

After returning to our ship we compared notes with otheres who used different tour companies and we all concluded that Italy Tours offered the best deal for the money.  Use them, you will not be sorry.

As far as where they tour please check out their excellent and comprehensive website listed above

We used them for the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii.  We were delighted with the experience.  He even drove us part way up Mt Vesuvius.  There wasn't enough time to go all the way up.  He was prompt in picking us up at the boat got us back to our boat on time.  I would highly recommend them.

On 9/8/2019 at 3:31 PM, Becks0603 said:

tours were brilliant

Best of Rome & Vatican shore excursion

Arranged our tour using e-mail. The company was responsive and easy to work with. Our driver, Laura, picked us up at the promised time and location. Seven of us were comfortable in the Mercedes mini-van. Laura took us to all the planned sights and provided appropriate information. Four of us had purchased skjp-the-line passes for the Colosseum and so were dropped off at the right time. The other three went for a "coffee break". The skip-the-line pass allowed us entry; by passing the long lines. We met Laura at the agreed upon time and location. We drove to Trevi Fountain which was packed with tourists. We asked for a lunch break and ate in that area. We drove to the Vatican where we were met on time by Valentina, our guide. For about three hours she passionately led us through the tour that included the Sistine Chapel. We were returned to the port in plenty of time. I have no hesitation in recommending this tour with this company.

Arranged our tour using e-mail. The company was responsive and easy to work with. Our driver, Laura, picked us up at the promised time and location. Seven of us were comfortable in the Mercedes mini-van. Laura took us to all the planned sights and provided appropriate information. Four of us had purchased skjp-the-line passes for the Colosseum and so were dropped off at the right time. The other three went for a "coffee break". The skip-the-line pass allowed us entry; by passing the long lines. We met Laura at the agreed upon time and location. We drove to Trevi Fountain which was packed with tourists. We asked for a lunch break and ate in that area. We drove to the Vatican where we were met on time by Valentina, our guide. For about three hours she passionately led us through the tour that included the Sistine Chapel. We were returned to the port in plenty of time. I have no hesitation in recommending this tour with this company.

On 2/10/2018 at 9:47 PM, Travel Pat said:

Hi Patti - I believe I paid 1/2 when I booked, and the other 1/2 was due about 2 weeks before the tour. I think the invoice they send via email gives the payment options or you can just send them an email and inquire. They were very responsive to my emails. I’ll also be traveling to the same ports you’ve listed in May ... we’re on the May 27 Epic. Which ship will you and your daughter be on?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I paid up front they have a cancellation policy as long as 72 hour notice u can cancel with full refund minus cost of ticket line.

Such great info in this thread!  We will be doing these 4 tours - Best of Rome, Best of Florence and Pisa, Pompeii, Sorrento and Amalfi Coast, and MARSEILLE, AIX-EN-PROVENCE & CASSIS.  I know that covered shoulders and knees along with shoes, not sandals, is the requirement for the Vatican in Rome.  Anywhere else we need to be concerned about wearing shorts and a tee?  Our weather outlook for next week is looking pretty warm still.  THANKS!

On 5/6/2018 at 11:26 AM, Campbell soup said:

Florence and Pisa in a day but you certainly can! We had an action packed day, but it was so worth it. Our driver was waiting for us at the cruise ship with a sign with our names printed on it. Once all eight of us were gathered, we took off for Florence. The ride was over an hour but we were in a very nice minivan with reclining seats. Our driver was not our tour guide but he was willing to answer any questions we had about the day ahead of us.

When we arrived in Rome we met our tour guide who was great. She spoke English clearly so we had no trouble understanding her. We had purchased skip the line tickets to see the statue of David and we walked right in ahead of the crowds and tour buses. After that, we walked through Florence and learned all about the history and grandeur of this magical place. This was followed by two hours of free time for lunch and to explore.

We met back up with our group and made our way to Pisa where we chose to spend an hour on our own. This was the perfect amount of time to get a glimpse of this little town. We just roamed around, but it was possible to go into the building if we had chosen to do that. There was no tour guide for this part of the trip but that was fine with us.

Our driver was waiting for us and drove us safely back to the ship with plenty of time to spare.

I would recommend ItalyTours.EU to anyone who wants to avoid the crowds of the cruise ship tour buses at a great price with a great customer service department.

Thanks for your review of this tour. We're doing the same one in a couple of weeks. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it and the tour company. 

We booked with them on our recent Viking cruise on the first day we were in Livorno because Viking did not have an included tour. They did have an included tour to Pisa on our 2nd day so we chose the Best of Florence tour with Italy Tours. Booking with them was very easy and they were very responsive to my many questions via email.

We were promptly picked up by our driver Gabriele in a very nice and comfortable Mercedes van for the hour drive to Florence. We had the option to view a video about the area on our drive which we enjoyed. Gabriele then surprised us with a stop at the Piazzale Michelangelo for amazing views overlooking the town.

From there, he drove us around the city, pointing out various sights. Then we met up with Beatrice, who was a lovely, fun and very knowledgeable guide - it was a wonderful walking tour! After the tour, we had a couple hours to ourselves, part of which we spent having lunch in a little local restaurant away from the busy shopping areas.

Gabriele was waiting for us at our meeting time and place and he chatted with us about the Tuscany area as we made our way back to the ship.

Thanks to ItalyTours.eu for making our first time to Tuscany and Florence a great experience - it made us want to come back and stay in the area for a longer stay. I would definitely book with them again.

We used Italy Tours EU for our tour to Pompeii, Sorrento, and the Amalfi Coast.  They were waiting for us at the pier at the time specified.  Driver was very professional as well as a wonderful singer.  We had more than adequate time at each stop to experience the incredible areas that we saw.  We asked our driver if he could recommend a restaurant in Sorrento for lunch.  He told us of the one he goes to when in Sorrento.  It was wonderful.  Food was delicious and the view spectacular.

Italy Tours EU is by far a much better buy than using the cruise line tour.  They returned us to the ship with plenty of time to spare.  We were NEVER worried about being late and missing the ship.  We highly recommend this company for any tours in Italy.

Hi, just returned from a 2 week vacation in italy. 7 days in italy and then a 7 day cruise on msc. all marvelous. upon finishing the cruise we left the ship at 8:30 a.m. in the port of civitavecchia, rome. 

we (6) had booked italytours.eu in advance because we had already been to rome and seen the vatican and coliseum, etc as well as the city and wanted to go somewhere different and special to kill 6 hours before we went to the airport in rome to return home.

Our english speaking driver was waiting for us when we exited the ship, we stored our lugguge in his 8 passenger beautifully appointed mercedes van and  he whisked us away for an incredibly exciting excursions to Tarquinia and Tuscania.

These places had exquisite cathedrals from out of the past that were truly awe inspiring as well as tombs from the 5th century with mind blowing frescoes to take your breathe away.

But the highlights of this trip was the the professional manner that our driver displayed explaining these century old towns to us and giving explicit instruction on what to see, where to go and was knowledgeable about our total surroundings.

when it came to lunchtime he was insistent of finding a place to eat that was highly reputable and even came with us to speak with the waiter to interpret for us. Alas he turned down my invite to enjoy a lunch with us as he was more concerned to keep watch on our luggage and his vehicle.

I would highly recommend this company as they are the most professional, caring people about what they do and sincerely have a high regard for their business and clientel. 

You cannot go wrong with these folks, they love what they do and love and enjoy touring their customers.

marc, deb, marc ll, dani, kathleen and victor. just sensational