Please help ASAP: Crown and Anchor status for child who is about to turn 18.

kath00

Hi there,

My DD is about to turn 18 in late January. We are only a few credits away from being Diamond so I was going to take a quick cruise to get my status up from Emerald to Diamond. This way, I was told my C and A last week, my soon to be 18 year old will inherit Diamond status forever (although her cruise credits will go down to the number of days she cruised, which is less than mine).

Is this right? My friend is saying that when they turn 18, they lose the parents' status completely and drop to what their "true" status would be based on their actual days sailed, which in her case would be even under Emerald.

I need to decide if I want to take this cruise in Early Jan ASAP and I really want to know what will happen. I am worried I got the wrong info from the C and A agent last week! I figured you all may know better or may have been through this with your own children. Thanks! Kath

I was told this as well but when my daughter turned 18 i immediately signed her up for her online account and her status never went below diamond. She would have turned Diamond a few months after anyway due to a sailed cruise, but I specifically looked and it never went below Diamond.

I assume that your daughter already had a C&A number. If not, sign her up before her 18th birthday. And make sure her account is linked with yours. If you achieve Diamond status before your daughter’s 18th birthday, she will also be at the Diamond level.

I agree with what others have said on thread, on the basis of own experience. However, RCL may not have a consistent policy so the conclusions you might draw from CC may not be absolute or authoritative.

In other words you might go on your cruise, get your son his Diamond status and then find that he loses it almost immediately when turning 18. Who knows, perhaps when he turns 21. Still worth taking a chance on the balance of probabilities.

I agree with what others have said on thread, on the basis of own experience. However, RCL may not have a consistent policy so the conclusions you might draw from CC may not be absolute or authoritative.

In other words you might go on your cruise, get your son his Diamond status and then find that he loses it almost immediately when turning 18. Who knows, perhaps when he turns 21. Still worth taking a chance on the balance of probabilities.

If a child's C&A level drops when they turn 18, then I'd call C&A and get it fixed. That should not happen.

It's very nice of you to take a cruise so that your daughter's status will become Diamond before she turns 18. Otherwise she would have to earn it on her own. Once she turns 18 she will retain her Diamond status but her points will revert to whatever number she has earned on her own. She will have to earn points (on her own) from that number to reach D+.

This timing is so funny, I just called C&A with a different question and the agent saw the ages of my two kids and went over how it was important that not only that they have their own C&A numbers, but that they were linked to my husband and I's to retain the status. We are not in any danger of being diamond, because we hop lines too often, but I appreciated the heads up!

Hi there,

My DD is about to turn 18 in late January. We are only a few credits away from being Diamond so I was going to take a quick cruise to get my status up from Emerald to Diamond. This way, I was told my C and A last week, my soon to be 18 year old will inherit Diamond status forever (although her cruise credits will go down to the number of days she cruised, which is less than mine).

Is this right? My friend is saying that when they turn 18, they lose the parents' status completely and drop to what their "true" status would be based on their actual days sailed, which in her case would be even under Emerald.

I need to decide if I want to take this cruise in Early Jan ASAP and I really want to know what will happen. I am worried I got the wrong info from the C and A agent last week! I figured you all may know better or may have been through this with your own children. Thanks! Kath

My kids are over 18 now and they did not lose my status when they turned 18.

My dd lost my status when she turned 18. Fortunately it only put her back 12 nights.

For us, this happened about 10 years ago.

Might be a bit late to call them.

There was a time when Royal was not "disconnecting" children from their parents when the child turned 18. So if the parents moved up a level after the child turned 18, the child would also move up a level. The next time the child actually took a cruise, Royal would catch the mistake and "demote" the child to whatever level the parents had when the child turned 18.

Thanks for the responses. Confirmed with C and A today the above. Very helpful. Now trying to decide if I really want my 18yo to be D (and get 3 free drinks on her cruise card for the next 3 years)! HAHAHAHA

Well, you don't have to worry about them serving her alcoholic beverages on cruises based out of the US.

Might be a bit late to call them.

There was a time when Royal was not "disconnecting" children from their parents when the child turned 18. So if the parents moved up a level after the child turned 18, the child would also move up a level. The next time the child actually took a cruise, Royal would catch the mistake and "demote" the child to whatever level the parents had when the child turned 18.

This is not happening to everyone. I know some people who know some other people (wink, wink) who's children turned 18 several years ago. Their status continues to rise along with the parents. They have moved up two levels based on their parents cruises. The kids have been on cruises since turning 18 and have not been "caught".

This is not happening to everyone. I know some people who know some other people (wink, wink) who's children turned 18 several years ago. Their status continues to rise along with the parents. They have moved up two levels based on their parents cruises. The kids have been on cruises since turning 18 and have not been "caught".

its funny you mention this, last night I was reading the crown and anchor fine print and it mentions this exact scenario, where the 18 and over still receive points on cruises their parents take. It says once they are aware that happens, they will remove all points that was falsely granted to the kids. its just odd that they had to mention this as they are confirming its an issue happening ;p

I agree, I also know a "child" who is still linked. I've told them that they should not be surprised if Royal catches the mistake at some point.

Pinnacle doesn't convey to children [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My bad, I should have known that.

I'll give her my old D+ pin. 😉

Well even though this was a frivolous posting, we've now clarified that PC does not transfer.

Thanks, Frank.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

My bad, I should have known that.

I'll give her my old D+ pin. [emoji6]

Well even though this was a frivolous posting, we've now clarified that PC does not transfer.

Thanks, Frank.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Isn't that the fun part of these posts?

Sorry thay Bella would not qualify for pinnacle status. Actually isn't she not a minor anymore but and adult at 42 years old? [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk