Eurodam vs. Nieuw Amsterdam, Color Scheme Edition

stickey_mouse

I'm trying to decide between two sailings next year with identical itineraries. One is on Eurodam, the other on Nieuw Amsterdam. I've been reading photo reviews and watching YouTube videos about these two ships. It seems to me that the color scheme on the NA is far superior to that on the Eurodam. I like the lighter earthtones on NA as opposed to the darker, purpley colors on Eurodam. (Seriously, everything seems to be purple on the Eurodam). Am I incorrect? Maybe the photos I've seen of the NA have just been more flattering. In the end, the décor of a ship is not going to make or break my trip, but I just wanted to share my observation.

Color schemes notwithstanding, the two are signature class sister ships, and are otherwise identical in design.
Yes, I should have been more clear. I know that these two ships are nearly identical. I am just commenting on what I've noticed regarding their décor.

• 1 year later...

When watching those youtube videos, play close attention to the date of the video's origin.  Ships are regularly refurbished.  Color schemes traded out, so make certain you're looking at the latest video.  Also, check out when Eurodam and NA were last in drydock and due for drydock in relation to your cruise date.

If you prefer the color scheme on NA, sail NA.  Personally, my goal has been to sail all the dam ships at least once.  As of next December, I will have accomplished my goal, plus sailed several that are no longer in HAL's fleet (old Ryndam and Prinsendam).  Anticipating booking the newest ship in 2021.  I've had a marvelous time on each and every HAL beauty.  Just wish I could sail more often.

IMHO  is that you can't go wrong with any of the Vista ships. They are almost perfect,  beautiful classy ships with wonderful artwork, only 1900+ pax, full promenade, no rock climbing walls and no horrible ear piercing Electric Dance Music.

Edited by MISTER 67