Weather in April

MaiTaiMary

we are going on a Med cruise out of Barcelona on April 22. 2 ports in France and 3 in Italy.

Has anybody need to these areas this time of the year? Iā€™m wondering what the weather will be like.

Am I being too optimistic to think we can wear shorts?? ā˜€ļøšŸ˜Š

Can you please list out the ports in France and Italy.

Ā 

Typically that time of year in Barcelona it will be a little chilly in the AM but should warm up to the high 60's (Fahrenheit) by afternoon. If it is sunny you might feel warm enough for shorts in the PM.

Ā 

Keith

By the last week or so in April, Rome will generally see a high of around 70 degrees. Very pleasant weather and perhaps it might be a couple of degrees warmer than that if you're going to Naples.

Ā 

But I probably wouldn't wear shorts in either place....

You can expect highs in the 70's for these areas and lows in the high 50's and into the 60's.

Ā 

When you are there it could be warmer and you may have some highs into the low to mid 80's but it could be the opposite where it is cooler then usual.

Ā 

In the afternoon you may have the opportunity to wear shorts or just stick with light clothing.

Ā 

Keith

You can expect highs in the 70's for these areas and lows in the high 50's and into the 60's.

Ā 

When you are there it could be warmer and you may have some highs into the low to mid 80's but it could be the opposite where it is cooler then usual.

Ā 

In the afternoon you may have the opportunity to wear shorts or just stick with light clothing.

Ā 

Keith

Ā 

Thank You! :)

We did that route two years ago at the end of April. It was Really the best weather for touring the Med. It was pleasant all the time, we got one rain shower on the last day whenwe were in Provence. It is not so hot that sightseeing becomes a search for the streets with the most shade.

Ā 

I know that DH would have worn shorts most days. He is still wearing them now in December! I was probably in dresses and jeans/t shirts. I always took a warm top out with me because I do hate being cold.

Ā 

You have to plan layers and anything from shorts, sandals and sunscreen to a fleece, socks and an umbrella -with combinations in between. No one can predict the weather but I am sure that you will have a great time

Med weather in April is generally warmish during the day, but you may need a light jacket. It will be fairly chilly once the sun goes down. However, it can be changeable and nobody really knows what it will be like.

Ā 

I doubt if it will be shorts weather and you won't see any locals wearing them at that time of year.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
Cagliari, Naples, Rome, Livorno, Marseille

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks! :)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Actually, you only have one port in France (Marseilles). The rest are all in Italy. Cagliari is on the island of Sardinia which is considered part of Italy.

Ā 

I canā€™t see your signature (if you have one) but I suspect you are on the same Horizon cruise as me. We leave Barcelona on 4/22 and got to those ports. [emoji4]

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Forums