Cancel After Final

Pickels

Can you cancel a cruise after final payment due to a medical condition that can be verified by documentation? Would there still be some penalty?

Thanks.

If you have a doctors stating that you cannot travel due to an illness. The reason I know this, is because it happened to my girlfriends husband. They had already made the final payment. Double check with you TA or Princess in case the rules have changed this year.

Do you have travel Insurance? One of the main functions of it is to cover the penalty amount if you have to cancel after final payment. The cruise lines sell the travel insurance, so they will not give you the refund no matter what documentation you have from your doctor

If you have a doctors stating that you cannot travel due to an illness. The reason I know this, is because it happened to my girlfriends husband. They had already made the final payment. Double check with you TA or Princess in case the rules have changed this year.

If the cancelation fee was waived based solely on a doctor's note--which you did NOT explicitly state--then an EXTREMELY RARE exception was made for you. To state that it is routine policy is giving false hope whether the question was asked hypothetically on this thread or for a specific emergency situation as on the other thread.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Can you cancel a cruise after final payment due to a medical condition that can be verified by documentation? Would there still be some penalty?

Thanks.

If you purchased insurance thru Princess it's very easy and medical documentation isn't required.

Princess has a "Cancel for any Reason " option. They will give you all the information and cancellation notice with the penalty . You submit as Cancel for any reason , no documentation is required.

Other companies will require all the proper documentation.

If you purchased insurance thru Princess it's very easy and medical documentation isn't required.

Princess has a "Cancel for any Reason " option. They will give you all the information and cancellation notice with the penalty . You submit as Cancel for any reason , no documentation is required.

Other companies will require all the proper documentation.

If you have insurance through Princess, better to cancel for one of covered conditions. That way you receive a refund less the amount paid for insurance. If you cancel under the any reason provision you receive credits, not a refund, for a future cruise based on the level of insurance you purchased. Believe the credits have an expiry date.

It really would be rare for a doctor's letter to make cancellation if a cruise without penalty possible. Airlines used to allow cancellation without penalty with a doctor's letter. Too many people were able to present one.

That's why bereavement fares disappeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i cant understand why so many Americans travel without travel insurance, its almost a daily topic on here

I think some people don't do the research and read places like here. Some think they are young and healthy and will be fine.

Due to an unexpected emergency with my husband on our TA on RCCL, not Princess, 4 days from arriving back in Boston, through the cruise ship and their letter to the Airlines, our flight home was credited, this isn't the same as a cruise refund due to an emergency, I understand but it did take place this past September.

Thanks.

Do you have trip insurance?

If you don't Let us know what happens because all of us without insurance would follow suit and save some money by not buying insurance.

Am i right in saying us Brits aren't allowed to take cruises without insurance?

Not really, when you book the persoliser asks the name of your insurance company, but no proof is required, if you wanted you could make anything up. Age and health has nothing to do with it, you could be involved in a accident on shore, anything can happen. I just don’t get it.

Not really, when you book the persoliser asks the name of your insurance company, but no proof is required, if you wanted you could make anything up. Age and health has nothing to do with it, you could be involved in a accident on shore, anything can happen. I just don’t get it.

Some people myself included are self insured. If your medical covers you when traveling that is one area of no concern. I keep a medical transport that will fly me home from anywhere in the world. The only thing lacking would be cancelling the cruise after final or lost luggage which is not as costly as insurance for each trip if you travel several times a year. If someone without insurance gets compensation from Princess then even that is covered so why shell out an extra 5% for cancellation insurance.

Some people myself included are self insured. If your medical covers you when traveling that is one area of no concern. I keep a medical transport that will fly me home from anywhere in the world. The only thing lacking would be cancelling the cruise after final or lost luggage which is not as costly as insurance for each trip if you travel several times a year. If someone without insurance gets compensation from Princess then even that is covered so why shell out an extra 5% for cancellation insurance.

If you are covered for repatriation with your insurance then that’s insurance.

I didn't know that :D I have annual multi-trip insurance, but it has to say Includes Cruises, on the certificate.

We have worldwide family travel insurance costs about £90 a year for everyone. Why wouldn't you

We don't have that cheap of option for us in the US. Actually year long insurance is somewhat limited and expensive in the US.

We don't have that cheap of option for us in the US. Actually year long insurance is somewhat limited and expensive in the US.

While that is surprisingly cheap for an annual policy. US citizens can get reasonably priced medical only policies for travel. I got one for a trip to Tanzania. 2 weeks, 1 million dollars in coverage, $0 deductible for $30 through geoblue. It’s pretty astonishing how much cheaper medical only policies are than comprehensive trip insurance when that’s where your main potential cost is.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums