Crown Princess?

FSU Girl

How is the Crown Princess? I’m considering a British Isles cruise on it in 2019 for my honeymoon. I was reading through some reviews and people were saying the ship felt tired and needed a refurbishment. Does anyone know if one might be scheduled before summer 2019? The itinerary looks great, but I want to love the ship I’ll be on for almost two weeks.

You will always find people who say the ship (any ship) is old and tired and blah, blah, blah. I pretty much ignore those posts and always have a great cruise. We have only sailed on Crown once and it was several years ago but we had a great cruise and had no issues with the ship. We wouldn't hesitate to book on Crown again.

I have been on Crown Princess recently and thought the ship was in excellent condition. Sure, she is 12 years old, but has been very well cared for. I will agree with the post about crowding in the Princess Theater; you have to arrive 20-30 minutes early to get a good seat. But this goes for Caribbean, Ruby, and Emerald Princess also.

We just disembarked the Crown yesterday and have no major complaints to speak of. Service was excellent, bed and linens were great, food was quite good. We were very pleased. Only thing that I can think of is that the internet was a little buggy this trip. Apparently, however, during drydock they are supposed to install whatever is needed to vastly improve the internet.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

These responses make me feel a lot better. How does the cancellation work with Princess? If we change to a different ship before the paid in full date is it a full refund?

Yes if you are in the US or Canada. I would not cancel due to bad reviews. You can read reviews of the newest ship and see bad ones. We have been on the Crown 3x with the most recent being last month. It does not look "tired". We enjoyed our cruise very much.

We did the British Isles cruise in 2015 on the Royal Princess. Itinerary is almost the same. It is a wonderful cruise that is port intensive. You are off in ports most days. It is a wonderful itinerary. I highly recommend it.

These responses make me feel a lot better. How does the cancellation work with Princess? If we change to a different ship before the paid in full date is it a full refund?

Do you live in the U.S. or Canada? if yes, cancel before final payment date and you receive a full refund. The exception is that some promos have non-refundable deposits, so read the fine print. Also, some T.A.'s may charge a fee for cancellation. As better promos become available you can re-book to take advantage.

We were on the Crown for 28 days in October 2015 & 2016 We had a wonderful time each year. We are also booked on the British Isles cruises in 2019. We will be on from Aug 29 thru October 8. When is your cruise?

We haven’t booked yet, still looking but I think we’d be doing one of the August dates. It looks like you can embark out of a few different cities on the same cruise. I like the one out of Paris so we could spend a few days there before hand and my fiancé wants to go to Amsterdam after which would be an easy train ride away.

Which cabin type would you recommend? Since it is pretty port intensive should we save money and do a balcony or splurge since it’s a special occasion and do a mini suite or suite? Do you get extra perks with those rooms like you do on other lines?

I have been on Crown Princess recently and thought the ship was in excellent condition. Sure, she is 12 years old, but has been very well cared for. I will agree with the post about crowding in the Princess Theater; you have to arrive 20-30 minutes early to get a good seat. But this goes for Caribbean, Ruby, and Emerald Princess also.

Yep. We recently did 28 days on Emerald and it's the same thing. Adding the Rivera deck means a whole extra deck full of passengers added to what is otherwise essentially a Grand class ship. We just arrived early, sipped a drink, and read while waiting for the shows.

That’s good there will be a dry dock.

Does anyone know how I can get my status on Princess? I sailed multiple times as a kid with my parents, never as an adult. My last cruise was 2007. Should I call them? Would they be able to look up by my name to find how many cruises I’ve been on?

That’s good there will be a dry dock.

Does anyone know how I can get my status on Princess? I sailed multiple times as a kid with my parents, never as an adult. My last cruise was 2007. Should I call them? Would they be able to look up by my name to find how many cruises I’ve been on?

When you log into your account and check your Captain Circle account, you should have history. But, having said that, I am nor sure about children cruising with parents. Do kids get a Circle number? Princess would definitely know.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just disembarked the Crown yesterday and have no major complaints to speak of. Service was excellent, bed and linens were great, food was quite good. We were very pleased. Only thing that I can think of is that the internet was a little buggy this trip. Apparently, however, during drydock they are supposed to install whatever is needed to vastly improve the internet.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Totally agree with Erber - just got off Crown this past Friday (spent 13 days on ship) - no real complaints - internet was the slowest I've experienced on any Princess ship - also, we decided not to do one prepaid excursion

(dune buggy in Grand Turk)

as it was changed & not as listed on website. We were refunded the money as OBC - other then that we had a fabulous time!

We just did an ABC islands trip on the Crown December 1 - 9 this year. Is it rusting away and about to melt into the ocean? No. Is it in need of a drydock trip? Yes. It's a 12 year old ship that's been operating 24 X 7 in one of the most inhospitable environments on the planet. We encountered nothing at all as far as the ship was concerned that detracted from our cruise.