Youth Registration Disney Cruise

CJMini

Hello,We will be taking our granddaughter (age 4) on the Disney Wonder this spring. In completing the online registration, it asks to complete the Oceaneer Club registration. Our granddaughter is not interested in going. Can I bypass this part of the online registration? There was not an option to check “not interested”.

Hoping a previous Disney cruiser can answer my question.

Thank you in advance.

CJ

It is helpful if you complete the information even if the child currently says they don't want to participate. That way, it is done....and if they do decide that they want to go for even one activity, you have very little more to complete on the ship. You can show her the schedule and she MIGHT change her mind when she sees the activities. She might decide that "Do-si-do with Snow" sounds like a good thing. The fact that you do the on line in advance in no way obligates you to complete the onboard portion. And (without registration), you can take her to the area and stay with her during "Open House" hours--fun for all ages in the space.

FWIW, we had a rule that daughter had to choose 1 activity per day to do. That's about 45 minutes, and gave me a short break. On some cruises she loved it and wanted to do more (which was fine). On others, she didn't make friends or whatever and didn't want to do any additional--also fine with me. It was just nice to know that I had a few kid free minutes each day, although the main point of our vacation was time together.

As moki’smommy pointed out, there is no harm in filling out the registration even if you don’t anticipate your granddaughter going to the club. There is no additional cost for the Oceaneers Club, and no need (or even possibility) to book specific times.

In addition to the situations mentioned above, it is possible your granddaughter will meet other children who are going to the club and decide that she wants to join them. There will still be a little bit of registration required onboard (or in the cruise terminal before boarding), but registering online significantly reduces the amount of information you’ll need to provide.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you so much for the advice. In my research about the Oceaneers Club, I’ve found the Open House is offered periodically throughout the cruise. This might be a compromise where our granddaughter can see and participate yet feel secure we are nearby.

We are very excited about our cruise and our granddaughter is “over the moon” about going on Mickey’s boat!

Again, thank you and I’ll definitely complete the registration online which will be one less task for me to do.

CJ

My oldest has transition issues and didn't want to go in the club the first time. We took him to an open house and he wanted to go back. There is so much stuff for the kids to do, I haven't talked to anyone that has said thier kid didn't want to stay longer.

In case you didn't know, there is 2 sides, the club and the lab, the kids can move between the 2 sides but the club is designed for the younger kids and has activities throughout the day for them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

We went on the Wonder when my son was 5. He initially seemed disinterested in the club, but made some friends early on and loved going to the club when they were also there.

Since we were on a longer sailing, the kids club also offered an overnight sleepover in the club, which my son LOVED. I didn’t think that he would want to be away from us overnight (we fully expected to get a call by 10 pm to pick him up), but he was great and we got a well-deserved “night off”.

It also helps that your child knows that you are on the ship and will respond to a phone call (now wave phones, formerly pagers). When daughter was first on board, I told her that if she needed or wanted me, she only had to ask the CM to call me. This is a kid who knew that in my working life, I could not break away and take a non-emergency call. Sure enough, a couple hours later, I received a message that she wanted me. When I got to the OC, I was surprised to find that she didn't want to leave. She just needed to verify that I'd really come if she asked.

Of course there is the flip side that they can't believe you'd be somewhere else on the ship...and having a good time without them.