How many shoes guys?

Jimorel

There is a post on here for women about how many shoes they take on a cruise. Which made me think how many pairs of shoes do us guys need to take. After all, why should the ladies be the only ones to under pack? So fess up and confess how many pairs of shoes do men absolutely need to cruise? I have only been on one four night cruise and I feel I may have woefully missed out by bringing only one pair of walking shoes.

Don't forget you'll need matching purses for each pair of shoes.

There is a post on here for women about how many shoes they take on a cruise. Which made me think how many pairs of shoes do us guys need to take. After all, why should the ladies be the only ones to under pack? So fess up and confess how many pairs of shoes do men absolutely need to cruise? I have only been on one four night cruise and I feel I may have woefully missed out by bringing only one pair of walking shoes.

On my recent 12 night cruise I brought one pair of sneakers and one pair of dress shoes.That was fine.

Just 2.

I usually do South Pacific islands cruises and I have found that I can get by with:

sandals for day to day around the ship,

water/reef shoes for shorex,

running shoes etc for my gym/exercise time plus for embark - disembark,

black dress shoes for MDR dining/formal

brown dress shoes for MDR dining

Hope it helps:cool:

Sandals, Sneakers, and Dress Shoes that’s it for me. My wife took a suitcase full one year.:mad:

Tony

My wife's shoes don't take up much space. I have flip flops as well for the upper decks or beach trips ashore. Captain, with all the stuff you say your wife takes and buys, you must need at least a mini to store it all. :halo:

My wife's shoes don't take up much space. I have flip flops as well for the upper decks or beach trips ashore. Captain, with all the stuff you say your wife takes and buys, you must need at least a mini to store it all. :halo:

You mean one of these ...

4eef872ac76baeed0b4d1e75624ab623--mini-car-classic-mini.jpg

OK! I must confess that I started this thread to be funny, because of the jokes made about women and their many shoes. I learned a lot from the various replies. I am limited some what in that, except for my dress shoes, all my shoes require a lift for the right foot. I should have one on the dress shoes as well, but I so seldom wear them that I decided not to spend the money for the lift. In fact wearing them on formal night to and from the MDR will probably constitute the longest I have had them on in over two years.

While I meant this to be funny and was expecting many funny replies, I have learned the importance of planning for a cruise. My beach time has almost always been barefoot, but that may not be a good idea on a cruise excursion.

OK! I must confess that I started this thread to be funny, because of the jokes made about women and their many shoes. I learned a lot from the various replies. I am limited some what in that, except for my dress shoes, all my shoes require a lift for the right foot. I should have one on the dress shoes as well, but I so seldom wear them that I decided not to spend the money for the lift. In fact wearing them on formal night to and from the MDR will probably constitute the longest I have had them on in over two years.

While I meant this to be funny and was expecting many funny replies, I have learned the importance of planning for a cruise. My beach time has almost always been barefoot, but that may not be a good idea on a cruise excursion.

If the sun is out, you do not want to step on the pool deck in bare (or bear) feet.

If we are "doing" formal:

• Dress shoes
  • Sneakers

If we are not "doing" formal:

• Topsiders
  • Sneakers

Generally, I will wear the dress shoes or the topsiders on embarcation day.

Now, to emphasize how complicated my life is, if we are cruising to Hawaii, I add a pair of flip-flops to either of the above.

To really complicate things, in Hawaii I'll also, probably, buy a new pair of flip-flops in an ABC Store.

I have a large carry-on size suitcase. However many shoes can fit in that suitcase, is how many I will bring. ;p On our honeymoon cruise, a 19-day Panama canal, the shoe suitcase was accidentally left on the airport shuttle. Luckily, we got it back and still made our flight.

There was also the time that I forgot to pack my black dress heels. Right before we left St. Thomas, I remember running into a shoe store and announcing, "I need a pair of black, poire de soir kitten heels, size eight, narrow." I'm sure they thought I was a crazy shoe lady, but they did have them. :D

I would normally bring two or three pairs of high heels, one pair of tennis shoes, boots (if it's going to be cold), two pairs of beach/pool flip flops, a couple of ballerina flats, and a two or three pairs of cute sandals. Ten is a good number. :cool:

Ohhh, ok. You can let go of my arm now! For me..1 set of dress shoes/1 pair of "nice" smart casual shoes/ 1 pair of sneakers(for the gym) 1 pair of "rugged" walking shoes for walking ashore(Caterpillar brand)1 pair of shoes for the beach. Good tread, but great in the water. I cruise normally for 2 weeks, so I tend to pack more.

OMG, my "Barbie" brain is on today. I totally missed that this question was for men!:eek: DH brings four pairs, tennis shoes, hiking boots, dress shoes, and flip flops. He wears the hiking boots to the ship and the rest go in his backpack because there is no room left in my shoe suitcase for his shoes. ;p