Favorite Norwegian Ship 2017

nimiq

We like the Pearl the most, but have yet to experience a mega ship, although that changes in May.

We like the size and the layout of the "Jewel" class ships, and the crew has been exceptional. They also have a true promenade deck (goes completely around the ship), which we use to get our exercise. We also like the great outdoors (aft), and the Spinnaker lounge (forward). :D

We have always favored the Jewel class ships. We did the Breakaway in April and Pearl in Nov. The Breakaway was our second mega ship and it just isn't for us. Of course we hit the end of spring break so there were 2200 plus kids on the ship, meaning families and lines everywhere. Maybe another time would have been different. The Pearl was great.

Enjoyed Epic last January 31 out of Port Canaveral for the best version of Burn the Floor we ever saw.

Also, had good times on Dawn to Bermuda in May and the relocating trip to San Juan in November. We had an interesting revised itinerary on the relocating trip, and were one of the first ships to return to St.Thomas after all the hurricanes. Our excursion to Abi Beach in St. Thomas was a highlight. Scary ride down a slightly washed out dirt road to get there, but had an awesome Veterans Day beach barbecue with all the vets from the area. Good food, cold beer, and beautiful scenery!

I love the Jewell class ships and sailed on both the Gem and the Pearl this year. It would be hard to pick a favorite but if I had to it would be the Pearl. Only because it was our third time on her and it felt like "home". The Gem had better food in some venues, and we loved our room steward but the Pearl would be our pick.

I've sailed all but Jewel class ships and by far prefer the newer ships because of the variety of activities, soft seating areas, and restaurants. The Escape easily wins for me because of Pinchos, Bayamo, Food Republic and District Brewhouse. Crowds suck a little, but the benefits outweigh the bad for us.

So far our family has only sailed on the Jewel and the Escape. Both had their pluses and minuses, but overall our family preferred the Jewel. It was a completely different experience (and we are so glad we had the Jewel experience before the Escape or we may not have cruised again). The crew and passengers were the biggest difference. On the Jewel everyone was friendly and happy. Crew members constantly stopping you in the halls to say hi and see how things were going. Opposite experience for us on the Escape. On the Escape it was just too much. Too many crowds, rude people (passengers) and you could tell the crew was exhausted.

Even my 4,9,11 year olds all said they would rather go on the Jewel again (guess attractions don’t mean everything).

My husband and I are going on our first vacation alone and decided to try out the Dawn. Very excited and hoping for a similar “small boat” experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums