2018 -List of officers , concierge, hotel director etc

jpc763

Hanno was the Concierge

How was he? We had him on the Star a while ago and he was excellent.

We absolutely loved him! We didn’t use the concierge team very much, but found every interaction with Hanno to be lovely and genuine. He made us feel special in a way that seemed that he really cared about making our experience wonderful.

We didn’t use the concierge team very much, but found every interaction with Hanno to be lovely and genuine. He made us feel special in a way that seemed that he really cared about making our experience wonderful.

I agree totally.

I guess we got really lucky ! We were in the Garden Villa in Oct/Nov 2017

in the South Pacific on the Jewel. We thought Bruno was going to be the concierge and

we found out it was Bowen we would have as our concierge. If ever I had an opportunity to cruise with Bowen again... I'd be there in a heartbeat. He went above all expectations we had of having a great cruise.. not just a good cruise, but a great cruise. A thank you was so small when we wanted it to mean so much. I hope our tip to the Garden Villa staff showed our appreciation.

If you meet Bowen, hopefully you will see what I mean.:halo:

I guess we got really lucky ! We were in the Garden Villa in Oct/Nov 2017

in the South Pacific on the Jewel. We thought Bruno was going to be the concierge and

we found out it was Bowen we would have as our concierge. If ever I had an opportunity to cruise with Bowen again... I'd be there in a heartbeat. He went above all expectations we had of having a great cruise.. not just a good cruise, but a great cruise. A thank you was so small when we wanted it to mean so much. I hope our tip to the Garden Villa staff showed our appreciation.

If you meet Bowen, hopefully you will see what I mean.:halo:

Bowen was trained by the one and only David Contreras. He got a masterclass in training. We had Bowen as asst. Concierge and he was excellent. It is great to see he is doing well and maybe one day we will meet him again.

Does anyone know where Edourd, who was our Asst Concierge on Epic last March is now? We adored him. I know he is engaged and hoping to be promoted. We would love to cruise with him again. He was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was Captain Matko.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

Sorry, I thought I was quoting the posters who were asking who the Captain was during the infamous 12/29 Bomb Cyclone cruise. It was Capt. Matko.

I'm told Capt Svensson is captain on the current BA cruise that left 1/6.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

I wonder if you met her. She was up in the Haven in a 2 bedroom suite with her daughter. She set up a bunch of private tours through the roll call for some of the ports.

Probably not as we did not do any tours having been to most of the ports already. Thanks though

We had Bruno as our concierge on the Jewel in May to Alaska. We were in the owners suite and he was always available to us. Provided anything we asked for, met us getting on and off the ship. He even came to our cabin as we cruised the glaciers to take family photos of us on deck with the glaciers in background. No complaints at all. Actually got much more personalized service from Bruno than from Prem or Ruth . Loved Florentina, Kadek and Carlos in the past. I do find better concierge service on smaller Jewel class ships than -away class ships. Just traveled in mini suite on Breakaway through CAS...we are Platinum and were never once contacted by concierge or given any contact info. Disappointed that they advertise concierge service as a perk for platinum customers but if you’re not in the Haven, you are ignored.....

Hey John,

Lynn (JerseyGem) and I remember that. Thanks for the hospitality!

Randy

Randy

You and Lynn we're, and still are, most welcome. We and our cruise mates were delighted to share some fun and frolic with our fellow CCers. Sadly, our cruise mate is now a widower with the untimely passing of his lovely wife, Liz.

I agree completely with your scorecard except I would add the gentleman who became The Fleet's Senior Concierge when Ruth retired: Carlos Zarate.

Thanks - we are obviously in tune. I have never met Carlos (I thought Adrian was the senior after Ruth but I bow to your knowledge) I accept as we had not met Carlos I made a wrong assumption. We have heard he is excellent.

Thanks - we are obviously in tune. I have never met Carlos (I thought Adrian was the senior after Ruth but I bow to your knowledge) I accept as we had not met Carlos I made a wrong assumption. We have heard he is excellent.

if he is the same Carlos that we had on the Sun in Sept. 2016 - he is FANTASTIC - Loved him. One of the reasons I want to know who will be on the Jade for March 23 sailing is hoping we will luck out and have Carlos again...PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...hoping he will be on the BLISS for our MAY 2019 sailing as well...Can he please just adjust his contracts to suit us???

Yes, I know he can't...but he is that good...

Still wondering about the Getaway

SolidGoldCruiser

To help pass the time while you "wonder" about the Getaway, here's some:

Solid Gold "Wondering" music from the 1950's,

before the "Music Died". :cool: