2018 -List of officers , concierge, hotel director etc

jpc763

I heard from Yannis in December and he seemed very happy with MSC and he was on the Divina. He didn't know future assignment at that time.

I've heard of Yannis but never met him. Is he one of the concierges on Divinia? They have like 3 or 4 and work a bit different than NCL but I didn't see him when we went in August.

He is from the Philippines. He was previously in the Haven Breakaway - I am not sure if he still is because he had mentioned they might be moving him, but he wasn't sure to where.

He was in the Haven on the Epic in November - nice guy.

I heard from Yannis in December and he seemed very happy with MSC and he was on the Divina. He didn't know future assignment at that time.

That is great news indeed. If he is around in the summer we may choose Yacht Club with MSC.

Last we heard from Prem he was very happy at HAL - these are the best and NCL will keep losing these people until one day someone sits up and smells the coffee.

That is great news indeed. If he is around in the summer we may choose Yacht Club with MSC.

Last we heard from Prem he was very happy at HAL - these are the best and NCL will keep losing these people until one day someone sits up and smells the coffee.

While I agree with everything you say, the chances of NCL waking up and smelling the coffee are very dim.

The corporation is now controlled by a group who intentionally and with malice aforethought fired the "good customer relations" executive and hired the "show me the money" executive.

I've heard of Yannis but never met him. Is he one of the concierges on Divinia? They have like 3 or 4 and work a bit different than NCL but I didn't see him when we went in August.

Hi,

Yannis was F & B and HD for NCL.

He was (is) one of the very, very best.

We will look into MSC if we can be sure Yannis will be on the ship.

I agree that NCL will not wake up and realize what they are doing.

The bottom line is much more important to them now than customer satisfaction.

Kevin, many of us are still missing you!

We had Prem on the BA and IMO he was the worst HD we ever met. He tried to be a comedian and he wasn't very good at it.

To add, the YC on MSC is GREAT. We went in August and have 2 Seaside booked.

While I agree with everything you say, the chances of NCL waking up and smelling the coffee are very dim.

The corporation is now controlled by a group who intentionally and with malice aforethought fired the "good customer relations" executive and hired the "show me the money" executive.

Agree 100%.

Hi,

Yannis was F & B and HD for NCL.

He was (is) one of the very, very best.

We will look into MSC if we can be sure Yannis will be on the ship.

I agree that NCL will not wake up and realize what they are doing.

The bottom line is much more important to them now than customer satisfaction.

Kevin, many of us are still missing you!

So is his role with MSC as a concierge? Reason I ask is on NCL there is the one head concierge and depending on ship/circumstances an assistant or two.

On MSC there are several concierges and they don't have quite the position as NCL concierges do and they stick to the desk in the YC. On MSC the butler is your go to person for pretty much everything except ordering pizza to your room.

Not sure if MSC has a "lead" concierge.

So is his role with MSC as a concierge? Reason I ask is on NCL there is the one head concierge and depending on ship/circumstances an assistant or two.

On MSC there are several concierges and they don't have quite the position as NCL concierges do and they stick to the desk in the YC. On MSC the butler is your go to person for pretty much everything except ordering pizza to your room.

Not sure if MSC has a "lead" concierge.

No, Yannis has not been a concierge as far as I know.

Yannis is on the Divina, as Hotel Services Director.

Here is a quote from Yannis:

"Great company and the rate that they grow is amazing!

Above all they are great people who actually DO care for their crew."

He will be on the Divina until March, then ????

We had Prem on the BA and IMO he was the worst HD we ever met. He tried to be a comedian and he wasn't very good at it.

Really is this the same man that had Gem no 1 for 111 weeks he was on it. Maybe you had a bad week get it but I would be interested if anybody else agrees with you.

No, Yannis has not been a concierge as far as I know.

Yannis is on the Divina, as Hotel Services Director.

Here is a quote from Yannis:

"Great company and the rate that they grow is amazing!

Above all they are great people who actually DO care for their crew."

He will be on the Divina until March, then ????

How great to hear this - We know how unhappy he was in the final months at NCL. You know Yannis was such a gentle person but more than anything extremely learned and we had many deep economic chats about the Greek economy. His knowledge was encyclopaedic and we are delighted he is happy. I will try and contact him through MSC.

I have to tell you we have heard very similar things form others that have left including Prem

Sadly you are spot on (as usual). Well it will not be my money. We thought we were the only one who thought this that things are not changing for the best - we appear to be in good company.

The way Kevin went was in our view a clear signal of intent on how they wished to move forward.

I must have missed something when I was on the Escape in 2016 and Adrian was the concierge. Nice enough guy, but what was it that made him above and beyond? I'm not sure I understand why he is considered so fantastic. Nice enough guy, smiled when I walked by, but I don't recall a greeting or personal attention. I was solo on the Escape and I don't even remember talking to him. I only encountered an assistant when I canceled a tour. I had much more interaction with my butler and remember him fondly.

I must have missed something when I was on the Escape in 2016 and Adrian was the concierge. Nice enough guy, but what was it that made him above and beyond? I'm not sure I understand why he is considered so fantastic. Nice enough guy, smiled when I walked by, but I don't recall a greeting or personal attention. I was solo on the Escape and I don't even remember talking to him. I only encountered an assistant when I canceled a tour. I had much more interaction with my butler and remember him fondly.

I will let Uniall comment if he wishes but

Service provided with charm, charisma, efficiency and a wonderful greeting. He always makes us feel special (we are not) and treats each guest as if they are the only ones. He is uniquely well informed and will go beyond to assist a guest.

He is not alone as I and other have said David C and Carlos Z are in the same league but provide the service in their own unique way.

If you had interacted with Adrian you would appreciate his excellence.

I will let Uniall comment if he wishes but

Service provided with charm, charisma, efficiency and a wonderful greeting. He always makes us feel special (we are not) and treats each guest as if they are the only ones. He is uniquely well informed and will go beyond to assist a guest.

He is not alone as I and other have said David C and Carlos Z are in the same league but provide the service in their own unique way.

If you had interacted with Adrian you would appreciate his excellence.

I think the solution to this conundrum is self apparent when reading a single sentence in each of your posts. If some one smiles at you when walking by, say hello and ask how their doing. That kick starts an interpersonal relationship.

Maybe be just a little to soon to ask however lets try. Does anyone know who the HD, Concierge & Butlers will be on the SUN in March? It's only a few weeks away so hoping someone has had some contact. Thanx in advance.