Volunteer Opportunity?

piggiepuff

Does anyone know of volunteer opportunities that would be available to cruise passengers? I tried emailing the Lutheran Social Services, but I haven't gotten a response yet. We are very fortunate to be able to take vacations like this and my husband and I would very much like to find where to do something to give back when we are there. If possible, we'd like to include the kids. Anybody?

What a lovely idea, piggiepuff. However, I don't believe there are any set opportunities for volunteers off cruise ships.

The closest children's group (that I know of) in Frederiksted is the Queen Louise Home for Children. I have heard that they have been overwhelmed by donations but not sure if they would take day visitors.

While we are on island for the winter, we volunteer to help the homeless at the Frederiksted Health Clinic's monthly homeless clinic. That is held on Friday afternoons (3rd Friday).

If you are on Facebook, you might take a look at the St. Croix Hurricane Maria Check In page and post your question there. It is a VERY active group and volunteer opportunities are sometimes posted there.

• 3 weeks later...