List of ships with FREE steam and/or Sauna

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2018 at 3:25 PM, billybeachboy said:

I've recently spent a week on  RCCL's Navigator of the Seas (my second cruise on this ship) & found the male only Sauna/steam facility to still be in place - just to the left of the gym jacuzzi. It has good sized sauna & steam rooms with a plentiful supply  of towels. Cleaning was a little lacking at times during the week, but otherwise a great facility used by me everyday.  🙂

My understanding is that since the most recent refurbishment of Navigator (the so-called Amping), the original fitness center is completely gone and in its place is a smaller version, and if there are lockers rooms other than in the spa, they no longer have free saunas/steam rooms. The only sauna/steam room will be in a thermal suite for a fee. It's so sad to hear that they've destroyed one Voyager-class ship, and it looks like all the Voyager- and Freedom-class ships are scheduled for "Amping." It's not clear, however, if they will all lose the wonderful fitness centers and locker rooms in the name of adding more staterooms and making the sauna/steam room a profit center instead of a free amenity.

If Royal roles this version of "amping" out to all of their ships I'll be looking for a new line to cruise with. I love Royal but they continue to make choices that offer lower value.  All the ships should not be the same. Some Co ed some single sex

. That way passengers can choose the best ship for THEM. Also I would much rather pay a slightly higher cruise fare than be nickle and dimed once on board. 

Willcan I agree with you, I am a bit fed up with being 'nickle and dimed ' on board, RCCL is the worst at this of the cruise lines that I use, everywhere on board it's sell sell sell & it gets very tiresome.  I choose my ship according to the sauna/spa layout & I refuse to pay for it's use, after all one would not pay extra in a 4* & above hotel for the use of similar facilities.  As time passes I fear that RCCL will lose my custom as will other lines that follow the same pattern of withdrawing the facility - I'll go back to land based holidays. 

Edited by billybeachboy
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/3/2018 at 9:24 PM, Roger Doger said:

I have created a list of ships with free steam and sauna. It seems like most of the new ships are charging for this and it can be very expensive. Please help by adding/changing any info you might have on any of these ships. Some new ships have not yet been added to the list.

Hope this helps others! No need to spend hundreds extra for a spa pass if you can get this for free!

Friends, this is a great list from Roger. Now it's publicly viewable and editable at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ROCmeNSYj_VwCYs3IUjWbrcEomFeqOrvIDUnXG6GLTg/edit?usp=sharing

• 2 months later...
On 1/4/2018 at 12:24 AM, Roger Doger said:

I have created a list of ships with free steam and sauna. It seems like most of the new ships are charging for this and it can be very expensive. Please help by adding/changing any info you might have on any of these ships. Some new ships have not yet been added to the list.

Please see attached.

Hope this helps others! No need to spend hundreds extra for a spa pass if you can get this for free!

Ship List.xls 109 kB · 1,268 downloads

Wanted to update Royal Caribbean's  Navigator.  On the last renovation they remove the free sauna and steam when they relocated the gym. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2019 at 2:47 PM, 2cruiseluvrs said:

Friends, this is a great list from Roger. Now it's publicly viewable and editable at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ROCmeNSYj_VwCYs3IUjWbrcEomFeqOrvIDUnXG6GLTg/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for doing this. Has this been updated as of July 2019?  Seems like the link is dead.

Edited by Cruise Stud

1 hour ago, Cruise Stud said:

Thanks for doing this. Has this been updated as of July 2019?  Seems like the link is dead.

That is the difficult thing. I try to look on the page on Vacations to Go it see when a ship is last renovated to determine whether to do more checking. ......and probably you can't rely on the ship deck plans as they may not update them speedily.

• 1 month later...

Is this still being updated after refurbishments like discussed regarding The Navigator? I've just been on Celebrity Infinity and the free sauna in the men's locker room was one of my favourite parts. I know the Celebrity Fleet is getting a revolution with refurbishments over next few years. Does anyone know if the free sauna is still present on Celebrity Millennium after the refurbishment? 

Edited by johngjoyce
Typo

9 hours ago, johngjoyce said:

I know the Celebrity Fleet is getting a revolution with refurbishments over next Does anyone know if the free sauna is still present on Celebrity Millennium after the refurbishment? 

johngjoyce - curious if your experience on the Infinity was pre or post revolution. My understanding is the nice big free saunas with windows to the ocean on all the M class ships were being replaced with small interior saunas that only hold about 4 people. Seems like a major downgrade to me.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, VirginiaGuy4u said:

Does anyone know if royal Caribbean mariner of the seas still has free sauna and steam in mens locker room?

The floor plan plan does not shows any changes to the men's spa area on Mariner but it does for the Navigator, Explorer and Freedom (Royal has both the current and future floor plans up now). Based on that I think it is safe to assume the Mariner was spared just like the Independence. These were the first 2 ships to be "Amped".

Does anyone happen to know whether there are any free sauna/steam rooms on MSC Lirica or MSC Orchestra?  It appears they both have MSC Aurea Spa after the refurbs, but some deck plans show 2 saunas in different locations - are any of these possibly attached to the lockers/showers and free?

Lirica is sister ship to Armonia, Sinfonia, and Opera, and Orchestra is sister to Musica, Poesia, and Magnifica - any information about any of these ships would be appreciated!

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2018 at 12:24 AM, Roger Doger said:

Please see attached.

Ship List.xls 109 kB · 1,611 downloads

Excellent job....but there are a lot of mainline cruise ships not on here.  I'd love to add to the list.  Is there an online version of the spreadsheet.  How can I help?  I love steam and sauna on cruise ships....and they are becoming rare!

Edited by TongueTwister

On 1/8/2020 at 5:21 PM, TongueTwister said:

Excellent job....but there are a lot of mainline cruise ships not on here.  I'd love to add to the list.  Is there an online version of the spreadsheet.  How can I help?  I love steam and sauna on cruise ships....and they are becoming rare!

This would be great if we could all collectively make updates to the list, as of January 2020...as I know there have been a few refurbs and the listing may be outdated a bit.

Company Name Ship Name Free Steam? Size? Co-ed?   Free Sauna? Size? Co-ed?  Date Other info (windows, lockers, showers, water cooler, former ship name, info on paid spa area etc.)

AIDA Cruises AIDAaura                  
AIDA Cruises AIDAbella                  
AIDA Cruises AIDAcara                  
AIDA Cruises AIDAdiva                  
AIDA Cruises AIDAluna                  
AIDA Cruises AIDAvita                  

Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Conquest                  
Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Destiny                  
Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Dream                  
Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Ecstasy                  
Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Elation                  
Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Fantasy                  
Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Fascination                  
Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Freedom                  
Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Glory                  
Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Imagination                  
Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Inspiration                  
Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Legend                  
Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Liberty                  
Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Miracle                  
Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Paradise                  
Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Pride                  
Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Sensation                  
Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Spirit                  
Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Splendor                  
Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Triumph                  
Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Valor                  
Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Victory                  

Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Century                  
Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Constellation         Y** Lg   6/2/2018 ** Large sauna w/ large window overlooking ocean
Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Equinox         Y* Sm/Md   6/2/2018 * Small/medium saunas w/ 3 adjacent showers.
Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Infinity         Y** Lg   6/2/2018 ** Large sauna w/ large window overlooking ocean
Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Mercury                  
Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Millennium N       Y** Lg   6/2/2018 ** Large sauna w/ large window overlooking ocean
Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Solstice         Y* Sm/Md   6/2/2018 * Small/medium saunas w/ 3 adjacent showers.
Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Summit N       Y  Lg   6/2/2018  
Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Eclipse         Y* Sm/Md   6/2/2018 * Small/medium saunas w/ 3 adjacent showers.
Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Reflection         Y* Sm/Md   6/2/2018 * Small/medium saunas w/ 3 adjacent showers.
Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Silhouette         Y* Sm/Md   6/2/2018 Large port hole overlooking ocean
Celebrity Cruises                    

Costa Cruises Costa Allegra                  
Costa Cruises Costa Atlantica                  
Costa Cruises Costa Classica                  
Costa Cruises Costa Concordia                  
Costa Cruises Costa Fortuna                  
Costa Cruises Costa Luminosa                  
Costa Cruises Costa Magica                  
Costa Cruises Costa Marina                  
Costa Cruises Costa Mediterranea                  
Costa Cruises Costa Romantica                  
Costa Cruises Costa Serena                  
Costa Cruises Costa Victoria                  

Crystal Cruises Crystal Serenity                  
Crystal Cruises Crystal Symphony                  

Cunard Line Queen Elizabeth 2                  
Cunard Line Queen Mary 2                  
Cunard Line Queen Victoria                  

Disney Cruise Line Disney Magic N       Y     6/2/2018  
Disney Cruise Line Disney Wonder N       Y     6/2/2018  
Disney Cruise Line Disney Dream Y S N   N     6/2/2018  
Disney Cruise Line Disney Fantasy Y S N   N     6/2/2018  

Holland America Line Amsterdam         Y     6/2/2018  
Holland America Line Eurodam         Y     6/2/2018  
Holland America Line Maasdam         Y     6/2/2018  
Holland America Line Noordam         Y     6/2/2018  
Holland America Line Oosterdam         Y     6/2/2018  
Holland America Line Prinsendam         Y     6/2/2018  
Holland America Line Rotterdam         Y     6/2/2018  
Holland America Line Ryndam         Y     6/2/2018  
Holland America Line Statendam         Y     6/2/2018  
Holland America Line Veendam         Y     6/2/2018  
Holland America Line Volendam         Y     6/2/2018  
Holland America Line Westerdam         Y     6/2/2018  
Holland America Line Zaandam         Y     6/2/2018  
Holland America Line Zuiderdam         Y*     6/2/2018 *Sauna was broken as per 1 response on cruise critic
Holland America Line Konningsdam         Y*     6/2/2018 * Sauna with large window overlooking ocean. Multiple showers and cold bucket.

MSC Italian Cruises MSC Armonia                  
MSC Italian Cruises MSC Fantasia                  
MSC Italian Cruises MSC Divina N       N       Pay area is much cheaper than other cruise lines and offers 2 small saunas and a huge steam room. None are co-ed but nit much privacy, Just off a hallway that is co-ed.
MSC Italian Cruises MSC Lirica                  
MSC Italian Cruises MSC Magnifica                  
MSC Italian Cruises MSC Melody                  
MSC Italian Cruises MSC Meraviglia N       Y       Free sauna off gym. 2nd entry from hall near stairwell. Pay area is not worth the price.
MSC Italian Cruises MSC Musica                  
MSC Italian Cruises MSC Opera                  
MSC Italian Cruises MSC Orchestra                  
MSC Italian Cruises MSC Poesia                  
MSC Italian Cruises MSC Sinfonia                  
MSC Italian Cruises MSC Splendida                  

Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) Pride of America                  
Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) Norwegian Dawn No No No No No No No 6/2/2018 Pay spa
Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) Norwegian Gem Yes Medium No   No     6/2/2018 Only 1 shower. Small changing area with combo lockers. Also has a paid spa area w/steam and sauna about $25-50/day (co-ed spa area but sep locker areas with steam/sauna/whirlpool).
Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) Norwegian Jade Yes Medium No   No     6/2/2018 Only 1 shower. Small changing area with combo lockers.
Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) Norwegian Jewel Yes Medium No   No     6/2/2018 Only 1 shower. Small changing area with combo lockers.
Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) Norwegian Pearl Yes Medium No   No     6/2/2018 Only 1 shower. Small changing area with combo lockers.
Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) Norwegian Sky Yes Medium No   Yes Medium No 6/2/2018  
Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) Norwegian Spirit Yes Medium No   Yes Large No 6/2/2018 3 showers. Sep changing/shower/bathroom area with lockers. Weird set-up (you must walk through spa massage room hall once you have changed to a towel). Note: Steam room has METAL benches that will grill your backside. Pad with towels!
Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) Norwegian Star                  
Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) Norwegian Sun Yes small No   Yes Small no   Enter from door off pool deck to access for free

P&O Cruises Adonia                  
P&O Cruises Arcadia                  
P&O Cruises Aurora Y S Y   Y M Y 6/2/2018 No shower in changing rooms. All facilities co-ed. Medium size Sauna, Small Steam Room and couple of showers. Several chairs, water fountain, large window overlooking side of ship.
P&O Cruises Azura Y L N   Y M N 6/2/2018  free towels with small locker room (keys from desk in Spa) 3 showers (one accessible).
P&O Cruises Oceana                  
P&O Cruises Oriana Y M Y   Y L Y 6/2/2018 Access available through Spa Reception who will give you a locker key. Showers in changing rooms. All facilities mixed/co-ed. Large Sauna, Medium-size Steam Room, Indoor Jacuzzi, showers, water-fountain and comfy Loungers overlooking bow of ship.
P&O Cruises Ventura Y L N   Y M N 6/2/2018  free towels with small locker room (keys from desk in Spa) 3 showers (one accessible).
P&O Cruises Australia Pacific Dawn                  
P&O Cruises Australia Pacific Jewel                  
P&O Cruises Australia Pacific Sun                  

Princess Cruises Caribbean Princess                  
Princess Cruises Coral Princess                  
Princess Cruises Crown Princess                  
Princess Cruises Dawn Princess                  
Princess Cruises Diamond Princess                  
Princess Cruises Emerald Princess Y L     Y M   6/2/2018 4 showers. Self programming lockers.
Princess Cruises Golden Princess                  
Princess Cruises Grand Princess                  
Princess Cruises Island Princess                  
Princess Cruises Ocean Princess                  
Princess Cruises Ruby Princess                  
Princess Cruises Sapphire Princess Y       Y        
Princess Cruises Sea Princess                  
Princess Cruises Star Princess                  
Princess Cruises Sun Princess                  
Princess Cruises / P&O Cruises Australia Pacific Princess                  

Pullmantur Cruises Empress                  
Pullmantur Cruises Ocean Dream                  
Pullmantur Cruises Oceanic                  
Pullmantur Cruises Pacific Dream                  
Pullmantur Cruises Sovereign                  
Pullmantur Cruises Zenith                  

Royal Caribbean International Adventure of the Seas Yes Large No   Yes Large No 6/2/2018 Large locker room area with 6 showers, lockers (need key or combo from spa - otherwise just leave your stuff on the bench), Water cooler and lots of bench seating. Sauna has window with slats overlooking sea.
Royal Caribbean International Allure of the Seas No       No        
Royal Caribbean International Brilliance of the Seas                  
Royal Caribbean International Enchantment of the Seas                  
Royal Caribbean International Explorer of the Seas Yes Large No   Yes Large No 6/2/2018 Large locker room area with 6 showers, lockers (need key or combo from spa - otherwise just leave your stuff on the bench), Water cooler and lots of bench seating. Sauna has window with slats overlooking sea.
Royal Caribbean International Freedom of the Seas Yes Large No   Yes Large No 6/2/2018 Large locker room area with 6 showers, lockers (need key or combo from spa - otherwise just leave your stuff on the bench), Water cooler and lots of bench seating. Sauna has window with slats overlooking sea.
Royal Caribbean International Grandeur of the Seas Yes Large No   Yes Large No 6/2/2018 Most intense steam room ever. Really thick steam where you can barely see your hand in front of your face. 3 or so showers. Locker area with bench. Water cooler.
Royal Caribbean International Independence of the Seas Yes Large No   Yes Large No 6/2/2018 Large locker room area with 6 showers, lockers (need key or combo from spa - otherwise just leave your stuff on the bench), Water cooler and lots of bench seating. Sauna has window with slats overlooking sea.
Royal Caribbean International Jewel of the Seas Yes Small No   Yes Large No 6/2/2018 Sep locker area. 3 showers, bench seating, water cooler. Lousy steam - more like a wet sauna.
Royal Caribbean International Liberty of the Seas Yes Large No   Yes Large No 6/2/2018 Large locker room area with 6 showers, lockers (need key or combo from spa - otherwise just leave your stuff on the bench), Water cooler and lots of bench seating. Sauna has window with slats overlooking sea.
Royal Caribbean International Majesty of the Seas Yes Tiny No   No     6/2/2018 Steam room holds 2. Max 3 if you are really thin. 1 shower. No benches or seating in locker room.
Royal Caribbean International Mariner of the Seas Yes Large No   Yes Large No 6/2/2018 Large locker room area with 6 showers, lockers (need key or combo from spa - otherwise just leave your stuff on the bench), Water cooler and lots of bench seating. Sauna has window with slats overlooking sea.
Royal Caribbean International Monarch of the Seas                  
Royal Caribbean International Navigator of the Seas No Large No   No Large No 6/2/2018 Removed during refurb
Royal Caribbean International Oasis of the Seas No       No     6/2/2018  
Royal Caribbean International Radiance of the Seas Yes Small No   Yes Large No 6/2/2018 Sep locker area. 3 showers, bench seating, water cooler. Lousy steam - more like a wet sauna.
Royal Caribbean International Rhapsody of the Seas Yes   No   Yes   No 6/2/2018 Entrance to free steamroom area down hallway to right of spa reception. First door leads into locker room and toilet. Second door leads into room with 3 regular showers, steamroom and sauna.
Royal Caribbean International Serenade of the Seas                  
Royal Caribbean International Splendour of the Seas                  
Royal Caribbean International Vision of the Seas Yes Large No   Yes  Small No 6/2/2018 Medium size locker area with 3 showers. 
Royal Caribbean International Voyager of the Seas Yes Large No   Yes Large No 6/2/2018 Large locker room area with 6 showers, lockers (need key or combo from spa - otherwise just leave your stuff on the bench), Water cooler and lots of bench seating. Sauna has window with slats overlooking sea. water cooler

On 1/13/2020 at 12:58 PM, Cruise Stud said:

This would be great if we could all collectively make updates to the list, as of January 2020...as I know there have been a few refurbs and the listing may be outdated a bit.

See  link in post #55

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2020 at 6:05 PM, HLR said:

Hello!

What about the refurbished Carnival Sunrise and Radiance?

HLR

Unlike the Carnival Sunshine the Sunrise DOES NOT have a free sauna in the Men's locker Room. Instead, they put a small CO-ED sauna right as you enter the area for the Spa/gym Locker rooms. There's no sign to indicate it's there and it's not advertised or highlighted. Sometimes it's not even working and the Safety Door is closed. It's as if they don't want anyone to use it. I suspect they will do the same thing on the Radiance refurb.

• 2 weeks later...