Currently on Uniworld's Splendors of Egypt & the Nile

djett

We are booked on the 2/2/2019 Egypt cruise. We are really looking forward to it.

Uniworld now includes tips and wine and beer at lunch and dinner in the price. You will still have to purchase a cocktail.

They are not offering trips to Alexandria in 2019.

Pre cruise trip to Petra and post cruise trip to Jerusalem. Both trips are 4-5 days.

We decided on the pre trip to Petra.

Uniworld no longer offers the 5% discount to past cruisers.

Thank you for all your photos and information.

We will plan to do the ballon ride and Abu Simball too.

Sawtooth;

Read the past posts carefully! Uniworld never offered a tour to Alexandria. Spring Tours, the company that actually runs all of Uniworld’s operations, except the Tosca, runs those tours.

If you can get in contact with them direct you can book the tour , or wait until you get there and they will offer it to you on your first day there. Important to know so you can make your return Airlines schedule accommodate the extra day tour to Alexandria.

Sawtooth;

Read the past posts carefully! Uniworld never offered a tour to Alexandria. Spring Tours, the company that actually runs all of Uniworld’s operations, except the Tosca, runs those tours.

If you can get in contact with them direct you can book the tour , or wait until you get there and they will offer it to you on your first day there. Important to know so you can make your return Airlines schedule accommodate the extra day tour to Alexandria.

Thank you, we would be interested in Alexandria tour at the end of our cruise trip.

I will try to contact them to get some information.

We are booked on the 2/2/2019 Egypt cruise. We are really looking forward to it.

Uniworld now includes tips and wine and beer at lunch and dinner in the price. You will still have to purchase a cocktail.

They are not offering trips to Alexandria in 2019.

Pre cruise trip to Petra and post cruise trip to Jerusalem. Both trips are 4-5 days.

We decided on the pre trip to Petra.

Uniworld no longer offers the 5% discount to past cruisers.

Thank you for all your photos and information.

We will plan to do the ballon ride and Abu Simball too.

I’m waiting for 2020 to open up and Uniworld says there is no info right now on the Pre/Post cruise trips or anything really for 2020. Apparently they just started offering it for 2019. Going to Jordan is a must for us, do you have the itinerary that you can share?

I’m wondering if the tips and drinks at dinner is new as well for 2019 because I didn’t see it listed on the website. Also Abu Simbel is a must too and they don’t mention it on the website but I see it has been regularly offered which is good.

I’m waiting for 2020 to open up and Uniworld says there is no info right now on the Pre/Post cruise trips or anything really for 2020. Apparently they just started offering it for 2019. Going to Jordan is a must for us, do you have the itinerary that you can share?

I’m wondering if the tips and drinks at dinner is new as well for 2019 because I didn’t see it listed on the website. Also Abu Simbel is a must too and they don’t mention it on the website but I see it has been regularly offered which is good.

Yes, drinks and tips are new for 2019. Confirmed with Uniworld. Also was written about on February 12 under cruise news.

Day 1

Jan 29, 2019

EXTENSION: AMMAN & PETRA (JORDAN)

Amman

Check-in

Overnight

Transfer from Queen Alia International Airport to hotel

(approx. 35 mins)

Day 2

Jan 30, 2019

Amman

-

Check-out

Petra

Check-in

Overnight

Day 3

Jan 31, 2019

Petra

-

Overnight

Day 4

Feb 1, 2019

Petra

-

Check-out

Transfer from hotel in Petra to Amman hotel (approx. distance)

Shobak Castle with Mt.Nebo and Madaba

AND

Amman

Check-in

Overnight

Amman

-

Check-out

Transfer to airport

(approx. 35 mins)

Flight from Amman to Cairo (approx. 1 hr 30 mins)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/20/2018 at 1:37 PM, sawtooth said:

Yes, drinks and tips are new for 2019. Confirmed with Uniworld. Also was written about on February 12 under cruise news.

Day 1

Jan 29, 2019

EXTENSION: AMMAN & PETRA (JORDAN)

Amman

Sawtooth.

Thanks so much for this itinerary. It is exactly what I have been searching for. 

I'm researching for 2020 now and wondered if you know who the tour operator is in Jordan? I'm thinking about trying to add a night in a Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum.

Kelly

15 hours ago, sawtooth said:

Kelly, not sure of your operator as it was all booked with Uniworld. 

We will be leaving late next week so should have more information when we return.

i will share them.

Oh, how exciting!  Hope you'll post once you return to give us a quick review and share any helpful tips!  Enjoy!

20 hours ago, sawtooth said:

Kelly, not sure of your operator as it was all booked with Uniworld. 

We will be leaving late next week so should have more information when we return.

i will share them.

Thank you. I'm excited for you, too!

I'm really looking forward to reading your trip report when you get back.

Have a wonderful trip!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the link, we are off to do a Nile cruise in 8 weeks time so it was interesting to follow your experience. I also intend to do a blog and researching the acquisition of a MiFi device of some sort with a PATG Data sim. Our TA has said the boat WiFi is a little on the unreliable side.

On 1/17/2019 at 6:18 PM, gingerspike said:

Thank you. I'm excited for you, too!

I'm really looking forward to reading your trip report when you get back.

Have a wonderful trip!

Hello gingerspike, just noticed in your signature that you were on Infinity last year on the same Antarctica cruise. I thought your name sounded familiar. Still getting over missing the Falklands. :classic_sad:

39 minutes ago, Wansbrough said:

Hello gingerspike, just noticed in your signature that you were on Infinity last year on the same Antarctica cruise. I thought your name sounded familiar. Still getting over missing the Falklands. :classic_sad:

Hello Wansbrough! How are you?

Yes, sad about the Falklands, I know.  Antarctica was incredible, though. Words failed us when we returned. So glad we had such great weather there.

I just found your blog. Don't know how I missed it before. I will have to go back and read your report on the Infinity. I am very interested in how your trip to Egypt goes in 8 weeks. I can't wait to read your blog and experience the trip through your eyes. I am just now getting ready to book for Oct 2020 and that is a very long time to wait.

Kelly