Question regarding PG Tours in Huahine

kkelley

Hi Doug,

We are supposed to be booked on Marc's Motu Tour in a few weeks (for July 19) and I had corresponded with Maud, from the company, who said that they would confirm whether or not they had enough participants.

I tried emailing them back for the last 2 days with my emails being returned as "Failure to send" and their website is not working....I wonder if they are out of business? We are 16 days away from our first PG cruise and all of my other excursions are confirmed....I am wondering if this is one that is not happening and if we should look into doing something else on Huahine? From the sounds of your experience, perhaps we should look at just booking the ship's tour?

Thanks for any feedback (especially given that you were recently there).

We are getting excited about the upcoming adventure!

:) Lisa

So, I was waiting on Marc's tour to get enough participants, so I booked a ships tour as well knowing that I could cancel the ships tour up to 24 hours ahead of the tour and not be charged for it. That ensures you get a tour you want. I know TBK really likes the 4 x 4 land tour to Iti that is a ships tour. I was also looking at the ships lagoon tour which is with Poe, and they are reviewed favorably on TA.

As to whether they are still in business, they looked like a going concern when we were there last month. It was a full boat.

Good luck,

Doug

Oh no! They are not out of business. Their website is down and they are having problems getting it working again. They said to use this email to correspond with them

huahinenautique@mail.pf

Thanks, I used the email you suggested and Maud responded...it looks like we are a go for July 19. Hopefully it turns out to be a good tour (given Doug's recent experience).

Cheers,

Lisa

I've been on Marc's tour at least 4 times ..... loved them all. No the snorkeling isn't the best when compared to Bora Bora or the Atolls but still very nice. The BBQ are is very nice and the food/drinks are good. The scenery is breathtaking .... I would forego the land / lagoon combo and go book the lagoon tour. We've always been back to the tender by 3 pm .... Doug must of just had fluke situation .... as he said someone held up the tour with a long stay at the pearl place.

The vast majority of repeaters go on Marc's tour over and over, that is telling you something. Dozens who had a great time and one that had a fluke .... need I say more. Not taking away Doug's experience but it was not the norm.

Marc is the 'king' of excursions on Huahine ... Doug should let him know, he is a very fair man that wants to keep everyone happy. Heck I remember when he didn't have a crew for a day so he offered to open his own home to a group of cruisers on Christmas day and have a big BBQ :)

The ships lagoon / BBQ excursion is reported as being very good so you have choices ....

I’ve just emailed Marc/Maude at Huahine Nautique and they are now saying back to the wharf by 3.30pm. Does this mean we will miss the Children of Huahine show?? If it’s better snorkelling elsewhere are we better to just do the Iti 4x4 3 hour Tour so we are back on time. Thanks for any help Wendy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just sent Marc an email .... will post answer once received

" Marc,

Has something changed on the lagoon tour time table for the cruisers?

We've always gotten back by 3:00 pm to the tender location. I've been told this has now changed to 3:30 pm. If I recall your website stated 3:00 pm.

Why this is a big deal is the 'Kid's of Huahine' troupe performs on the ship at 4:00 pm. If we don't return until 3:30 pm this could jeopardize cruisers from catching the kids show.

I've really supported your tour over many years and of course have taken it myself at least 4 times. Just want to make sure I give out accurate information. If the drop off time is now officially 3:30 pm many my pass on the tour so they don't miss the kids show on-board.

Let me know ...."

I just sent Marc an email .... will post answer once received

" Marc,

Has something changed on the lagoon tour time table for the cruisers?

We've always gotten back by 3:00 pm to the tender location. I've been told this has now changed to 3:30 pm. If I recall your website stated 3:00 pm.

Why this is a big deal is the 'Kid's of Huahine' troupe performs on the ship at 4:00 pm. If we don't return until 3:30 pm this could jeopardize cruisers from catching the kids show.

I've really supported your tour over many years and of course have taken it myself at least 4 times. Just want to make sure I give out accurate information. If the drop off time is now officially 3:30 pm many my pass on the tour so they don't miss the kids show on-board.

Let me know ...."

Thanks TBK, we too want to be back by 3:00 pm to catch the show...and then not rush to the moonfish ceremony.

I just re-read the original email response that I had received from Marc’s Motu Picnic Tour with the itinerary for the day when I originally booked....it looks like they are saying a 3:30 pm return:

Ia Orana

Here is the descrpitif

There is going to be a full day picnic and snorkeling

We will meet on the wharf at 8.45 am where the ship will be

Departure at 9.00

Return 3.30 pm

- easy snorkeling

- Visit a Black pearl farm

- Drift Snorkeling 11.30

- Picnic on the motu (small island ) Chicken

- Local music with the Captains

- Tables and chairs in the water or on the beach depending on the weather at 12.30

- Open Bar (Water-Local juices- Beers hinano-Rum Punch)

NO CREDIT CARD ONLY CASH

110 USD 1 Pers in cash paied on the wharf before the excursion

All the food and drinks are included

We also have a minimum of 4 people to confirm the tour“

...hmmm, I wonder if we should just do a shorter tour...

I look forward to hearing from TBK with an update from Marc himself.

Marc did respond to me this evening .....

"It was departure 3 pm from the motu and passengers where asking to stay longer on the motu that's how it extended

Now We have have many passengers asking to be back at the 3.15 to 3.30 tender and they didn't miss the show

Is that Ok with you?

Let me know

marc"

I believe the kids show is normally at 4:00 pm. I'll have someone from the crew confirm that the show is 4:00 pm .... should have an answer tomorrow ....

Marc responded to my follow up ....

"Here's a easy solution

Passengers that want to be back on the ship at 3 pm

will have a private shuttle on land just a cross of the motu back to the ship

So the others can just relax

Voila my friend

marc"

Just make sure you let them know when you start the excursion if you want to be back by 3:00 pm. Some can return early and others can enjoy more time on the motu ....

Told you Marc is a good guy ;)

You can also take the PG's BBQ lagoon tour, just make sure you tell them you want to be back in time for the show, this way they can plan to have the shuttle pick you up .... The PG tour is also very good. Read the write up on both and see which one calls to you, either way you can't go wrong.

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

Just adding my thanks as well to TBK. (Not only a gentleman and a scholar, but a great photographer too!)

And thanks to Marc for being such a considerate and caring tour operator!

Cheers to you both. :champagne-toast:

Marc responded to my follow up ....

"Here's a easy solution

Passengers that want to be back on the ship at 3 pm

will have a private shuttle on land just a cross of the motu back to the ship

So the others can just relax

Voila my friend

marc"

Just make sure you let them know when you start the excursion if you want to be back by 3:00 pm. Some can return early and others can enjoy more time on the motu ....

Told you Marc is a good guy ;)

You can also take the PG's BBQ lagoon tour, just make sure you tell them you want to be back in time for the show, this way they can plan to have the shuttle pick you up .... The PG tour is also very good. Read the write up on both and see which one calls to you, either way you can't go wrong.

Thanks TBK for the update! :) Lisa

• 4 months later...
On 4/27/2018 at 4:02 AM, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

To view the eels in the morning is fabulous but by the afternoon they've been fed several times by several different excursion vendors and they are not near as entertaining.

As Huahine is usually on a Sunday the Town of Fare comes alive in the afternoon after church lets out. There should be something interesting to watch and do. The locals head to town for a afternoon 'market' which is fun and always some local food plus the kids go swimming off the small pier.

I am interested in Fare town in afternoon and Faire for eels in morning 

any suggestions on how to do both?

is there a tour that goes to Faire eels in morning?

how do you get to the town of Fare if you are not on a tour? Or do tours go there for the Sunday afternoon?

thank you

7 minutes ago, Hawaiideborah said:

I am interested in Fare town in afternoon and Faire for eels in morning 

any suggestions on how to do both?

is there a tour that goes to Faire eels in morning?

how do you get to the town of Fare if you are not on a tour? Or do tours go there for the Sunday afternoon?

thank you

There is a free shuttle to town from the tender location. There are tours in the morning that go to the eels and probably stop in Fare as well. Read through the excursions 😉

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

There is a free shuttle to town from the tender location. There are tours in the morning that go to the eels and probably stop in Fare as well. Read through the excursions 😉

4 minutes ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

• Thanks 1