Tender question

Well, you will definitely be cutting it close. If your ship departs at 3:30, then "all aboard" is at 3:00, meaning the last tender will probably be maybe 2:45? Like I said, it will be close.

I'm sure your excursion guides know when to get you back so try not to worry. Perhaps discuss it with them ahead of time (as in now) and see what they say.

Goldgirl, there is no time difference in GC right now, there will be when the States "springs" forward to Daylight Saving Time. Right now GC and the eastern US are on Eastern Standard Time.

We did not book with the ship. We booked with native way. I was not aware there was a time difference in Grand Cayman. Thank you Merion_Mom!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you. We sail next month so it will be before the time change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So they say, but not guaranteed. There is another thread that discusses this.

But if you are on a ship excursion, and don't get back in time, they are responsible for getting you to the ship at the next port.

Where are you sailing from? That makes a difference as well. Out of EST ports it is the same as Grand Cayman, but if sailing from CST, they are an hour ahead of the ship. Meaning is last tender is 2:30 ship time, that is 3:30 Grand Cayman time, but expect a long line when you get back.

They will wait, as long as they can. If they have to leave without ship's excursion folks, they WILL get you to the next port or home, whichever is next.

However, private excursions would go out of business if they made folks miss the ship. So, you're pretty safe either way.