1-11-18 Thursday Morning Weigh-In...Time To Lose Now..You Know How Fast The Year Goes

Belle

2017 went so fast

2018 won't last

Valentine with cards

Candy to avoid so hard

Easter will be near

With Bunny ears

July with it's bright lights

Half the year over..right?

Do lets get on the ball

Numbers down we will call

Thanks Belle for getting us started. I'm down 1 pound which I'm happy with. I have another 7 to go until I'm back at my preferred weight and the pounds come off very slowly as I get closer to my goal. I've stayed on track with my running (thanks to my friend making me) and I went to my trainer twice this week. I would love to find some motivation somewhere to actually go to the gym. I hate paying for a gym membership and then not getting myself the 2 blocks to work out there. My job interview went well but I won't find out until next week if I get the job. I ended up meeting up with another boss to talk about 4 month sick leave fill-in job which would also be interesting. I should find out about both opportunities next week. My son has gone back to university and my partner returned from Germany so life is getting back to normal. I hope everyone has a great week and the weigh continues to come off.

Monique

Good Morning,

I gained 1 lb. Not surprised. Hubby and I ate out a few times, running around, etc. Bummer as we leave on our cruise Saturday the 20th. Was hoping to be below a little lower.

So on to plan B........don't gain on the cruise. Its a 7 day so shouldn't end up with too much of a gain.

Monique, good loss. Hope you get the job.

Wishing everyone a good week.

Diana

Good morning. Congratulations on the loss, Monique. Good luck with getting the job.

Diana, sorry you didn't have a loss. I am sure that you will do well on your cruise. Have a great time.

I stayed the same. I feel disappointed by that because I was so sure that I would have a loss. I have 11 weeks until my cruise and have 11.6 lbs to my final goal weight. I will be gone for 12 days, so I really need to be down by then.

I hope that you are doing well, Belle.

Rose

I am interested in this group if you'll have me! :) I am an elementary school nurse, thus my name. LOL

I have joined in a weightloss challenge in my school that starts tomorrow and for now, goes until our next weeklong break which is the week that we are cruising in February. I am quite overweight, and realize that five weeks is not long....but it could be a good start and if I could just feel a bit less bloated before my cruise, that would be amazing! LOL

Would love to be in this group if it’s ok. I am retired and have become quite lazy so I really need the accountability. We have a cruise booked in mid March and would like to lose before then. I know I’m not going to be able to lose all I need to by then but it will be a start. We then have a family vacation first of June and would like to be at or close to my goal at that time. Thanks in advance for all the support and tips. Looking forward to this journey. My starting weight is 206.

Another surprise, down 2 to 204 this morning! Wonder what it would have been if I didn't eat a whole bag of pretzels in one day, lol...

New folks - yay! Absolutely all are welcome to join - every Thursday Belle starts a new thread, and we come and go, checking in and sharing however much or little you like.

Besides nightly dog walking, been getting some in during the day too, depending on the job. Had to rake leaves yesterday - finally getting cool enough for them to fall off the trees. Cleaning a pool with 50 degree water kinda stinks...

Planning a camp trip for March anniversary - Zion, Bryce Canyon, and Monument Valley. Couple nights in the camper, hotel for couple more. Missus wants to do Zion Narrows hike - basically walk up a river to a slot canyon. Water. In March. In high country. No clue what she's thinking but I already rented drysuits for it.

Hope all are hanging in there. Talk to you soon. See 'ya!

Welcome schoolnursemom and cruzenmema. We love having new people join our group. It's always nice to hear new stories and get new tips.

Belle starts our thread every Thursday morning with a poem. Good luck with your weight loss goals.

I am Rose and I have been with this group for quite some time. I am 11.6 lbs away from my final goal weight. That sounds good, but it's really not! I have been losing and gaining the same 10 lbs for most of that time. I need to really make some life changes and stick to them. Everyone here is very, very supportive so it is a great place to be when trying to make these changes.

Rose

Hi all!

Belle ~ sure hope 2018 goes by fast, I'm looking forward to my cruises!!;)

Welcome to the new people!:D

Mike ~ I'm with you, up a pound too. Guess the call of chips & chocolate won over losing weight AGAIN! When will I learn not to buy the stuff?!

Shootr ~ sounds like a great trip! I was bad yesterday & ate the whole package of licorice nibs, after having had a chocolate bar.

Also went to the show to see "Lady Bird" which was very good but had a small popcorn there. At least our theatre's is quite dry & not hot buttered!:o

Hope all do well in the coming week. Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~ :)

Hello Everyone.

Welcome Nurse and Cruz, love to have you join us.

Weigh-in every Thursday plus come in every/any day and talk.

Give tips on what's helping you and/or ask questions.

Sounds like we didn't do to bad this week. Had loss's but

some gains but small gains. You'll get them off next week. Right?

I lost a 1/2 pound. Thought would be more but our bodies don't work

our way most of the time.:(

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Going though it without a gain.

Nice to start the week without having to lose what you gained over the

weekend.

Oh by the way, I've booked a few cruises in Feb, Leave on the 6th.

Wanted some warm weather.

Diana your going on your cruise in Jan.

Jo you have a cruise in Feb. too

See Nurse is taking a cruise in Feb. and Cruz in March and Rose in March too.

shootr taking a nice trip in his teardrop and hotels to great places in March.

So we have an extra reason to lose weight than just that we need to for health.

Plus nice to have pounds off before you go...just in case you gain a couple.

But if you do gain, remember..when come back..get right back on track.

It will come off fast, most will be water weight.

Anyone else going any places in the next few months? Let us know we

like to hear about peoples cruises, land trips.

Unfortunately I don't see us going anywhere significant til summer. A couple weekends in Pittsburgh here and there, but thats about it. We may consider spring break, but rates are usually high.

It’s always great to see new folks here. I had a bad week last week in real life and it showed in my weight loss efforts. It seems I’ve at least stopped the bleeding today. Tomorrow is my son’s 14th birthday so I forsee cake in my future. I’ll make it work though. Exercise enough and a slice or two of cake won’t wreck you.

Have a great Sunday.

Mike

Mike what happen? Hope your doing alright. I notice you didn't

write much when you came on Thurs. Take care of yourself. Yes you

can have a piece of cake. What hurts is the 2nd or 3rd piece ect.

shootr same with you one doesn't hurt. Nice you get so much walking in.

You two have a nice Sunday.

Nice! Put on the heart monitor to see what kind of work I get when playing the drums.

30 minutes of rudiments plus an hour of playing netted me an average of 120bpm average (AC/DC and Dio are the sprints, Journey and INXS are the recoveries lol). My timing still stinks, but it's slowly coming around. And it's a heck of a lot more enjoyable than the elliptical!

A nice workout before bed.

Mike what happen? Hope your doing alright. I notice you didn't

write much when you came on Thurs. Take care of yourself. Yes you

can have a piece of cake. What hurts is the 2nd or 3rd piece ect.

shootr same with you one doesn't hurt. Nice you get so much walking in.

You two have a nice Sunday.

Thanks for asking Belle. In a nutshell, my self-reinvention last year led to an opportunity for a massive career change. Over the last month I was all-in. In the end...I backed out. Vacation time took precedence over everything else and as a result I’m staying in a soul-crushing job that will suck whats left of the life from me until I retire. Needless to say there is a lot more to it than that, but the decision is hard to swallow. The enthusiasm for life developed last year, is gone and knowing me, it may never return. Walking is ingrained by now, so thats not changing. Diet on the other hand tends to go south when my depressed nature assumes control. Ok, sorry to whine, but thats whats up at the moment.

Damn Mike, our paths are earily parallel it seems.

All I can offer is that things do seem to come out of the blue and push/pull us into other directions eventually. It's waiting for it to happen that sucks.

I'm not a religious person, but know that I keep people facing challenges in my thoughts and try to work karma in their favor.

Hi again all,

I had a terrible day on Friday and tried a little of everything.... which added up to a whole lot of silly calories. I'm happy to say that I jumped right back on the bandwagon on Saturday but the damage has been done. No wonder if keep losing and gaining the same few pounds. lol

I have a busy week ahead so I need to make some time to to plan ahead. In between football today I'll do a bit of cooking for the week. Maybe make some low calorie soup of some description to stop me from snacking on the wrong types of foods.

Have a great week everyone!

Monique

Afternoon All...(afternoon here)

Hope your all enjoying your Monday. If you have it off from

work, know your enjoying it more.

Hope your weekend went well. I know it's hard to eat better

on weekends sometimes.

Mike I'm sorry your having depression and it's making you not feel at

the moment. Been there, maybe still. We have to fight to be us.

Here is one place you can whine all you want.

shootr Please keep those thoughts coming for all.of us.

Monique Congrats on getting right back on track and cooking ahead.

Planning ahead should be our goal but we don't always do it.

We have a few days until weigh-in, be good everyone!

Hi guys!!!! I'm new to this forum. My goal this year is to try as much as possible to get back down to my weight of 170. Currently at 206. So I have a ways to go. I use to do a lot of walking but now I am mostly babysitting my niece since my sister is having some difficulty.

I bought a cheap tracking device to track my steps and make sure I do the minimum of 10,000 per day. Also join a walking challenge at work that should help me. The food is where my challenge is. Seems once you hit 40 the weight is no longer easy to come off. I don't like gyms. I'll join with good intentions, but after a month I lost all motivation. I love to walk though. So i'll just have to do a lot more of that and watch what I eat.

After my cruise in this January the next one won't be until September so I have some time to reach as close as possible to my goal.

Looking forward to the support from this group. Lets keep every one motivated and accountable....Thx guys

Hi guys!!!! I'm new to this forum. My goal this year is to try as much as possible to get back down to my weight of 170. Currently at 206. So I have a ways to go. I use to do a lot of walking but now I am mostly babysitting my niece since my sister is having some difficulty.

I bought a cheap tracking device to track my steps and make sure I do the minimum of 10,000 per day. Also join a walking challenge at work that should help me. The food is where my challenge is. Seems once you hit 40 the weight is no longer easy to come off. I don't like gyms. I'll join with good intentions, but after a month I lost all motivation. I love to walk though. So i'll just have to do a lot more of that and watch what I eat.

After my cruise in this January the next one won't be until September so I have some time to reach as close as possible to my goal.

Looking forward to the support from this group. Lets keep every one motivated and accountable....Thx guys

We are at same weight n step goal!! Ihave a home day care... i started at 250 last January was down to 186 thN gained but on way back down:) we got this!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are at same weight n step goal!! Ihave a home day care... i started at 250 last January was down to 186 thN gained but on way back down:) we got this!!

That makes 3 of us on this forum, that I know of, starting/starting over at 206. I also love walking but it has been so cold here I haven’t been outside much. May need to break out our treadmill in order to get the pounds to start going down so I can reach my goal. My diet is mainly using portion control and trying to eat mostly healthy foods. Good luck to us all!

I’m definitely an advocate for walking. I do at least a couple miles on the treadmill every night this time of year. Last summer I really grew to love long walks (4-7mi) outside listening to audiobooks.

A word of caution though, I’ve walked nearly every night for just over three yrs now. But the weight didn’t budge until I changed my diet last year. That’s when the results came. My problem has always been overdoing one area and neglecting the rest. Every piece matters.

Hope everyone is well. Be careful out there.

Mike