Stella or Peroni Beer on Classic Package?

poffles

I realize these are not covered by the Classic Package and also know about changes in past year where you pay the difference for drinks greater than included in Classic. So with that said ....

Does anyone know what is charged for a Stella or Peroni (or others similarly considered above Classic plan) when a person only has the Classic? I see mention of drinks up to $9 but that would clearly be for mixed drinks, I do not see a specific beer limit unless I am not looking in right place, and I expect most beers would be under the $9 but Celebrity seems to identify some beer as Classic and some as Premium only.

Thanks all!

Hi,

Classic includes beers up to $9 and premium includes beers up to $13. I don't know the exact price for Stella or Peroni but they will be gt $9 but lt $13.

Jim

In Sept. on EQ, it was $1 additional for Stella Artois. I believe beer is up to $6 on a classic package. A Cosmo at Martini bar was $3 extra plus tip on both examples.

poffles,

Stella & Peroni are/were $10.00 each. The limit on the classic package is $9.00 per serving. Therefore you will pay the difference plus the 18% gratuity, or $10.00 - $9.00 = $1.00 + $0.18 = $1.18 total.

The Classic package states that you can "Choose from an incredible array of beers, spirits, cocktails, liquers, frozen drinks and wines by the glass up to $9.00 per serving" (December 2017 sailing, booked in North America, other markets may have different conditions attached to the beverage packages).

There are 18 beers on the classic package list and a further 28 beers on the premium package list, but not all may be available on any particuler sailing, e.g. on the sailing I was on Moretti beer (on the classic list) was not available, but Peroni beer (on the premium list) was.

NAGooner.

Incorrect, the classic package beer limit is $6. If you choose a beer of higher value you only pay the extra, that was true of December ‘17

In the last two weeks I have seen three different pdf showing what was included in Classic package - all posted on this forum. The layout of the lists were different but the content was essentially the same - beers up to $9 were included. Two of the lists showed the standard package which had a beer limit of $6.

All very confusing?

Jim

poffles,

Stella & Peroni are/were $10.00 each. The limit on the classic package is $9.00 per serving. Therefore you will pay the difference plus the 18% gratuity, or $10.00 - $9.00 = $1.00 + $0.18 = $1.18 total.

The Classic package states that you can "Choose from an incredible array of beers, spirits, cocktails, liquers, frozen drinks and wines by the glass up to $9.00 per serving" (December 2017 sailing, booked in North America, other markets may have different conditions attached to the beverage packages).

There are 18 beers on the classic package list and a further 28 beers on the premium package list, but not all may be available on any particuler sailing, e.g. on the sailing I was on Moretti beer (on the classic list) was not available, but Peroni beer (on the premium list) was.

NAGooner.

That is one ridiculous price for Stella/Peroni. After all, those are pretty standard lager beers. How big are the bottles?

Pricing of beer on Celebrity bears no resemblance to the wholesale price.

When I cruised on the Eclipse out of Southampton a number of years ago, they had a number of British bottled ales - 500ml. Whilst there was minimal diffence in wholesale prices, the cost range from $6 to 11. Made no sense.

Bottles of Stella and Peroni are likely to be 330ml or 355ml.

Jim

poffles,

NAGooner.

Thank you ... this jives with what I read about the package thus my question of the cost difference. I read the up to $9 and believed it was for 'all' drinks but didn't know what the Stella cost now so guess it will cost $1 plus 18% to get one, crazy it costs $10 but at least I know what it will cost me personally with the classic 'if' I get one along the way. Cheaper to pay that difference now and then, than upgrading to Premium ... unless I decide to upgrade based on other mixed drinks that I think I would drink enough each day.

Their prices are definitely outrageous but things are relative. What I have the most difficulty with is their listed cost of a bud or other 'classic' beer vs a 'premium' beer .. good for a chuckle and it is clearly all about the captured audience and the alignment to packages. Oh well.

Edited to add that I seen someone post a pic of a bar menu from what was a pretty recent cruise and the beer prices did not show Stella as $10, think it was $6.5 or something, which is another reason for my ask here.

poffles,

Just to give you an idea of on board bottled beer prices (courtesy of the Preisman's Blog):-

Budweiser - $5.50 (January 2016), $6.00 (June 2017)

Heineken - $6.00 (Jan), $7.00 (June)

Stella - $7.50 (Jan), $10.00 (June)

Peroni - $7.50 (Jan), $10.00 (June)

Fullers London Pride - $9.00 (Jan), $10.00 (June)

They change the packages around and charge what they think the market will bear, which often time bears no relationship to local retail prices. So before you would have to pay $7.50 for a Stella, now you have to pay $1.00, plus, in each case, the gratuity.

On our last cruise we had the Classic package, which we found to be generally ok, and opted to pay the difference in price rather than upgrade. If you find that the Classic package doesn't work for you one of you can upgrade to the Premium package whilst onboard.

NAGooner