Princess food favorites...

Greengirl

Ok...let's hear about all the wonderful food I hope to encounter on my cruise. Not just the name of the entree or dessert, but the descriptions too. Don't leave out any details!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;03;05;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

3/5/05 Honeymoon Cruise To Hawaii On The Island Princess

I rezally enjoy different and unusual pasta dishes. On Princess a while back I had gnocchi with a curry cream sauce. Obviously, you have to like curry, I do, and they were yummy. Have never seen them on a menu anywhere else.

Sailed the Grand to Western Carribbean two years ago and had very good food but the one that stood out for me was the Grand Marnier Souffle with Vanilla Anglaise (spelling?) Sauce.It was warm and light with the hint of orange from the grand marnier and finished beautifully with the sweetness of the vanilla sauce.To this day I still think about that dessert.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Those little fruit tarts in the Horizon Court are delicious! Great with a cup of tea or coffee. They are there at lunch through late night. The curry dishes are also very good at lunch or dinner.

On Royal Princess, dining room cuisine ranged from excellent to very good. Lido Cafe offerings were inconsistent; some OK, some certainly not. They had lots of difficulty keeping foods at the proper temperatures.

Most delightful were the pastas and the desserts. The various flavors of souffles were excellent. Meats and seafood were of very good quality and well prepared. Lobster Thermidor and broiled Loster tails were excellent.

Roast Goose was offered one night and I ordered it. Would not do so again; just not to my taste.

You will have many tempting dishes to try! Enjoy!

24 cruises: 10 Holland America, 3 Princess, 3 Pacific Far East Line, 2 Royal Viking Line, 1 each: Cunard, NCL, RCCL, Sitmar, American Hawaii, Home Lines

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had every cold fruit soup that they had. Our table of 8 usually averaged 18 desserts:D . one night I commented on everyone else's choice " Oh that looks good". The next thing I knew the waiter had brought me one too! Now I have 3 desserts sitting in front of me. Anyone else who laughed at me ended up with 3 as well!:D . We had a ball and ate like pigs.

Had 4 Love Boat Dreams that week too!

I loved the Love Boat Dream too- they had it for dinner only on the last night. I wonder if I could have had it if I'd asked, but it seems like a "right now" type of preparation.

The raspberry creme brulee was out of this world. The sugar crust was crispy and the creme underneath was rich, light and creamy without being cloyingly sweet or rich. I was too full to order another, but I can still taste it!

One of my favorites is the warm scones with whipped cream at tea. My breakfast favorite is the smoked salmon with a bagel. I learned I could write it in on the card and leave it on the cabin door so that I could get delivered through room service.

Arghhh this is making me hungry lol. But my favourites from the Grand Princess were:

- Almond stuffed baked peach dessert

- Corn flaked french toast

I could go on but those are my top favs

One of my favorites is the warm scones with whipped cream at tea. My breakfast favorite is the smoked salmon with a bagel. I learned I could write it in on the card and leave it on the cabin door so that I could get delivered through room service.
Hi - We did just that, wrote down whatever we wanted on the menu card, and they never failed to bring it with a smile!

Oh Man! That Love Boat Dream dessert. Please mail me one! I'm going with Celeb. this year

Good news, Celebrity has equally fine desserts! On the Constellation last year I had hands down the BEST Creme Brulee I've ever tasted. All their chocolate desserts are scrumptious too :-)

Meanwhile I'll be looking forward to the Love Boat Dream Dessert and the Raspberry Creme Brulee when I sail on Princess in November!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived