Princess food favorites...

Greengirl

• 2 weeks later...

Chefajax:

Count me in on those little almond cookies. Especially the ones that are sorta crisp on the outside and squishy in the middle, sort of triangle shaped. My next cruise is for 17 days so I suspect I'll get to try many new things (I've only cruised for a week before) but I'm working on a plan to have a tray of the almond cookies delivered to my cabin every day just for snacking. : )

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

We're going on Princess for the first time with the 7/2 sailing of the Caribbean Princess. What did folks like from that ship, especially their room service. DH tires easily and room service on island days saves that much more energy for excursions. Did anyone order snack/sandwich to take with them on an outing? Thanks!

I'd have to agree with the raspberry creme brulee! But in addition to that, the seafood avocado boat with cilantro vinaigrette was sooo good too! Can't wait myself!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

While there are many reasons Princess is our favorite, we really crave the different dessert souffles with different sauces that are served almost every night in the regular restaurants. Seriously, we HAVE to go on a cruise when we begin to talk nonstop about the evening souffles. You can't get them on any other cruise line or restaurants.Other lines will have one every now and then but they are usually chocolate and never served steaming hot as on Princess.

We are sailing Grand on March 14 for two weeks to the Southern Caribbean and love guessing which old or new souffle combined with what old/new sauce we are going to have that night.

Also, no other cruise line serves escargot the way Princess does. Tried Holland America and Carnival's versions last year and couldn't even eat them.

Nothing better than a delicious cold soup after a long day on a hot beach. We are beyond excited and full of anticipation.

Only thing not so hot on Princess is room service. The only thing we found good about Holland America is the best room service: selection, speed, hot food, presentation, space in the room to actually eat comfortably.

I figure it has to be the ocean air. We've been on Princess cruises for the last 10 years and about 7 years ago I found the French Fries up at the pool side grill. Went to get a hot dog, decided to include the fries. Now each trip I make a point of going up when it is very busy and just order the french fries. That's it, just the fries. When they are hot and fresh they are perfection. Perfection for me is that the outside is golden and crisp/crunchy and the inside is soft almost airy. Just 60 days to my next trip!!! (They are still good when they've sat for a bit, but the fresh ones are wonderful).

Ok...let's hear about all the wonderful food I hope to encounter on my cruise. Not just the name of the entree or dessert, but the descriptions too. Don't leave out any details!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;03;05;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

3/5/05 Honeymoon Cruise To Hawaii On The Island Princess

The fettucine (available every night) that has the baked parmesan cheese circle on the bottom.

My Princess Favourites were the desserts: warm souffles-chocolate, grand marnier and I think there was a third flavour. Also the Love Boat Dream Dessert and their Creme Brulees. S

All this food talk is making me hungry for foods I eat only on cruises... yum and a good reason to cruise :-)

Sailed on the Star Princess last October/November and the Beef Wellington was quite amazing however I would say the Fettuccine Alfredo served in the Parmesan bowl was exceptional. Apparently the pasta isn't always served in the cheese bowl and needs to be requested. So yummy

OH YEAH! I recall those with delight. Found that my grand daughters love the encrusted french toast as much as I do. The almond stuffed baked peach was just wonderful. Smallish in size but turned out to be the perfect amount.

• 1 month later...

I have to agree with some of the other posts, the souffles and Love Boat Dream are some of my favorites.

And since I'm usually splurging on vacation, I order two servings of the spring rolls....I don't know why they taste so great on the ship!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I love the strawberry sorbet, goat cheese souffle, fettucini alfredo, flourless chocolate cake, and the prime rib, and just about anything in the international cafe (we love the cookie guy with warm cookies and milk!)

We've posted pics of the food from our previous cruises on http://www.cruisefoods.com

Yummmm!

logo.gif.688b997d4d2db9709dd2c00176fd7d43.gif

Archived