Longer Length Shorts -- have to share

judy&steve

So, would you call them "mediums" as opposed to shorts? Anyway, I received them today from Talbots. They call them "trouser shorts". I am very happy.:) I bought three colors in two sizes each, so I would not have to order twice. The stores still don't have them.

They come right to the top of my knee and I can wear them with tee shirts and sandals. Now I have something I can feel comfortable in (no more baggy thighs!)

--Judy

"Mediums"...LOL! Judy, you crack me up!

I've been looking at a few pairs for spring. And yes..I like the way they taper and you can get them in other than denim for a dressier look.

The only problem with ordering them now is having to wait a few months to wear them :rolleyes:

~e

Hi,:) capris are definitely below the knee (whenever I have seen them).

Capris come between the knee and the shins.......crop are almost

to the ankles.

Those are shorts...long shorts;)

I have only seen these 'shorts' once, on a slim woman at work. She's got killer legs (long, slender, toned), she was wearing pumps (looked to be 2 or 3 inch heels) with no hose (this was about 2 months ago), and she looked like a million bucks.

T

Have a pair that length. Bought them at JJill 2 summers ago. Only wore them once. They looked good in the store. Then they didn't:confused: It must be me. Don't know what it is about the mirrors in dressing rooms, or is it the mirror in my closet??

I have only seen these 'shorts' once, on a slim woman at work. She's got killer legs (long, slender, toned), she was wearing pumps (looked to be 2 or 3 inch heels) with no hose (this was about 2 months ago), and she looked like a million bucks.

T

Yup, that's how they look best.

I think that these long shorts not an age issue like alot of other apparal. In fact, I think they'll be easier for alot of women to wear. If you've got great calves/ankles and not too big a butt, they'll look great. And though regular shorts look ridiculous with heels, these seem to pair well with any shoe that looks well with a slim knee length skirt.

Jane

Here's how I will wear them: With a Tee Shirt and sandals or sneakers. I am not out to win a "best dressed" award this time -- just want to be a little more comfortable during my excursions and "outside" time. I will not wear a bathing suit. When I am go to my friend's pool in the heat of the summer, it will be a relief to be able to wear these and at least be able to dangle my feet in the pool. I rarely leave the indoor space on a ship.

My issue is with my stomach and thighs. A lot of excess flab since the 90-pound weight loss. I cannot walk out a dressing room in a bathing suit or shorts. These will work just fine for me. My legs are pretty good -- slim calves and ankles and my AAAA width feet.

Judy

Yup, that's how they look best.

I think that these long shorts not an age issue like alot of other apparal. In fact, I think they'll be easier for alot of women to wear. If you've got great calves/ankles and not too big a butt, they'll look great. And though regular shorts look ridiculous with heels, these seem to pair well with any shoe that looks well with a slim knee length skirt.

Jane

If you do have a butt, don't get the ones that have the fitted leg; get the wider leg. No, not gauchos. Have I mentioned yet how much I love mine?

judy&steve - I picked up a couple pairs of, um, mediums last summer and got a lot of use out of them. Seems like all my shorts are jean shorts. These were nice for summer parties and such - when I had to be out in public and it was too hot for long pants.

I wore these most of the time last summer...they are called Bermudas in some stores...but it's the 2005 version...meaning more tapered and not as lose around the thighs. I LOVE, LOVE them on me and so does DH, as he hates seeing me in capris all summer and even though I am on the small side, I still don't care for real short shorts. yep...I'll be taking my 3 pairs on our cruise too...enjoy your bermudas or whatever u would like to call them...:)

Been around forever.

Capris are definitely longer, though the terminology seems to be different based on where you are from. For me...

Capris - ankle length, usually with a slit at the ankle (think Larua Petrie in the old Dick Van Dyke show)

Clam diggers - midway, at the calf

Pedal pushers - just below the knee

and the bermudas...well they are shorts - since they are above the knee.

I'm from Florida - and that's what we always called them.

Talbots referred to them in their catalog as "Trouser Shorts". I guess this is appropriate because they fasten at the waist like trousers -- an inside button, a zip fly, and a tab with two metal flat hooks. They have belt loops. I figure you can dress 'em up or dress 'em down. I don't think I will be wearing them for anything other than down time dressing! Neiman Marcus is showing several and calling them long shorts. They also have some bermuda shorts. Go to their website and search "shorts"

neimanmarcus.com

Four weeks from today, our babies, Horatio and Charley, go off to the kennel and the next day, we fly off to San Juan to test drive my new shorts!:)

--Judy

Nope, have to disagree, they are definitely NOT Bermuda Shorts. They are longer and just about touch the knee. Bermuda's are inches above the knee caps.

Like I said - depends on where you are from. We call anything that is just above the knee - up to 4 or 5 inches inches above the knee - Bermudas. My mom has a pair that are at least 20 years old - and they hit at exactly the same place as in the pic.

Archived