My favorite cruise breakfast----what's yours?

richard1226

Corned beef hash, 2 poached eggs (right on top) with a toasted bagel (chive cheese), fresh fruit, OJ, and a huge cup of Joe with a shot of real cream!

MMMMMMMMM......

Of course since my heart attack last year my breakfast is now:

bowl of high fiber stuff that looks like cat food, skim milk, sliced strawberrys,...and a huge cup of Joe (no cream)! (Somethings just will never change icon_biggrin.gif)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;26;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Radiance of the Seas - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Eggs Benedict in the dining room. French toast fingers with orange syrup on the CC room service menu on Celebrity. Pineapple!!! Fresh orange juice. Lots of coffee....and maybe a croissant or two.

Waking up to room service (melon & danishes) to eat on the balcony while we watch the ship pull into port.

I also enjoy the dining room breakfast. I had a bad experience with egg benedict on the Conquest, though. I was so looking forward to it, but when it came out, it had been under a heat lamp too long and it cooked my Hollandaise sauce into a thin coat of rubber icon_frown.gif

I was disappointed, but I just wrote it off as an isolated incidence.

I still prefer the dining room to the lido deck for breakfast.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;4;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Explorer of the Seas

(Royal Suite) 4/17/05, 7 Day Eastern Caribbean (2nd Anniversary)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;12;13;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Carnival Ecstasy 12/13/04, 5 Day Mexican Caribbean

Carnival Pride

(Category 11) 4/25/04, 7 day Mexican Riviera (1 year Anniversary!)

Carnival Conquest

(Category 12)4/27/03,7 Day Western Caribbean(Honeymoon & 1st cruise)

I've got to say... start with an omlette: cheese and ham, then a piece of french toast. And if i'm still hungry, bacon, eggs, fruit, bagels or pizza!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;8;29;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Paradise... On the Paradise

<pre>

__/7__/7__/7____

/::::::::::::::::\

/:::::::::::::::::|

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

</pre>

Originally posted by jnnifer01:

I had a bad experience with egg benedict on the Conquest, though. I was so looking forward to it, but when it came out, it had been under a heat lamp too long and it cooked my Hollandaise sauce into a thin coat of rubber icon_frown.gif

I was disappointed, but I just wrote it off as an isolated incidence.

You mean you didn't send it back and get a fresh order??? Girrrrl, I would have! icon_wink.gif

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Eggs Benedict - since that's something I really enjoy and don't get the chance to have very often.

I also really like the French Toast on Celebrity Galaxy as well as their cheese blintzes with blueberries on top. Some of the blueberries are also good on the French Toast. Yum! :-)

• 4 weeks later...

You are making me hungry and I just finished dinner! For breakfast I like to have a bran muffin, some fruit, orange juice and protein, either eggs, bacon or turkey sausage. My kids think I am really weird because I love prunes in the morning. I love prunes and sliced bananas together.

The best breakfast I've ever had on a cruise was on American Hawaiian Independence. They had sweet bananas, papaya with a lime wedge, sliced mangoe and wonderful Eggs Benedict made with a thin slice of (I think) Ahi tuna instead of bacon. We always eat in the dining room, no buffet for us!

I forgot to mention because I don't consider it breakfast (just starting fuel for the day) I have to have coffee right after I get up, usually 3 cups, just to wake up, then normally I get clean cleaned up, dressed and have juice and toast. I try to keep to this schedule even on cruises but inevitably break down and have a couple of great breakfasts.

Happyks - I checked your profile and it says you are from CA - we live near Disneyland - where are you?

I love the bagels with smoked salmon. Cruise breakfasts sure beat my boring breakfast at home (Go Lean Crunch - repetitive but good :))

I also fell in love with the corn flaked french toast on the Grand Princess. Looking back at that, it was probably really greasy since it was likely deep fried - but it was amazing!

Start with a bowl of fruit at the buffet, then get a bagel, with cream cheese, and I wouldn't finish the whole bagel... Then I'd go for some bacon, scrambled eggs, and toast. Of course, coffee to drink (2 creams, please, no sugar.).

My favorite on Seabourn is the Eggs Benedict and fresh fruit and fresh squeezed orange juice. Sitting in my suite in front of the huge picture window in the complimentary thick fluffy terrycloth robes.

Room service is the only way to go for breakfast for me!!!:)

The first morning I have eggs Benedict with tomato juice in the dining room. The rest of the week I have everything omelettes and juice on deck. Usually the last morning I have bagels with lox and cream cheese and an egg Benedict. I don't eat a lot for breakfast at home, but I love having breakfast at leisure on the ship. Oh, I almost forgot, I get coffee from room service before I go to breakfast on the ship.

• 4 weeks later...

On HAL it was pretty much the same for me most mornings:

1 or 2 glasses of freshly squeezed OJ, small bowl of prunes (love those prunes! lol), egg beater omelette with double mushrooms, & a bit of cheese. :)

Sometimes got a bit of smoked salmon on the side or some fresh pineapple.

Now the last day I normally treat myself to a toasted bagel with cream cheese & lots of smoked salmon! :D

I'm with you bravemom.......................ANYTHING that I do not have to purchase-unwrap-cook and serve is absolute HEAVEN to me,AND I'll have that with a side of bacon and a gallon of coffee. regahads to all...;-} Capecoddah

When I cruise, I set my alarm for 10:15 (I am a little bit of a night owl) so I can make it up to the breakfast buffet to scrape out the pans for them before it changes over to lunch.

When I am there I go right for the Eggs, French Toast, Pastries, Bagels, Bacon etc...Carbs don't count on Vacation right??

I have decided this is my favorite breakfast after having it at the Pacific Edge Restaurant in Carmel. Do any of you know if it is served on the PG? It was served at Sunday Brunch, I was being careful and only had one!! Been regretting it ever since. It was fab!! My dream breakfast would be (having it served to me on my balcony overlooking the beautiful pacific and Bora Bora, with mimosa's of course and my lover enjoying it with me!!