My favorite cruise breakfast----what's yours?

richard1226

• 1 month later...

We cruised for the 1st time on Princess . . . the Sun Princess . . . this November & the last full day (sea day) were offered the Balcony Breakfast for $25 per stateroom. It is fantastic - a split of Moet Chandon champagne in a silver bucket, on a silver tray; fresh strawberries served in a 1/2 cantalope with a side of whipped cream, a plate for EACH of us of crab quiche, shelled hot crab legs; a plate each of smoked salmon with appropriate garnishes; a plate of miniature danishes & donuts. We shared with our friends & still couldn't finish it all. Eaten on a balcony on the deep blue sea . . . just a wonderful memory!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a breakfast eater, howver when on vacation it might be my favorite meal of the day. On NCL ships I really enjoy the Eggs Benedict in the main dining rooms. While in the buffet one of my favorite things is the corned beef hash. It can be a little greasy, so I always hope for a new batch right before I serve myself.

But, as with all breakfasts, I must have a bagel with 2 dollops of cream cheese.

And my very favorite thing about breakfast on a cruise ship??? I didn't have to cook it, I didn't have to serve it, I didn't have to clean up afterwards and I didn't have to do dishes. :D

Hikini

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe after reading all these great breakfasts that I haven't seen mine!! You have to ask for it ,but I have never had a problem getting it, Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon instead of the ham. If your from Nova Scotia like I am, you also must try it with lobster-the ultimate!!!

On "excursion days" it's room service - I'm not a morning person & I can nibble while I get ready to go out - double lox & cream cheese, whatever fruit they have, juice & a smuggled bottle of diet coke (I don't "do" coffee!) If the excursion is going to be a bus ride to somewhere, I usually get a box of cereal (granola is best for this) & pack it in my bag in case I get the munchies before lunch is available. (This worked well when we did the western Caribbean in '03 & every excursion involved a 1-2 hr bus ride somewhere, with lunch about 1pm - after having breakfast at 7!)

On "days at sea", if I feel like the dining room, I get eggs over easy, grits or oatmeal, whole wheat toast, banana or other fruit. Otherwise, it's whatever looks good at the breakfast buffet. I watch my weight, so I try to stay away from excess fats & "empty calories", but I do have as much fruit as I want & have protein with every meal, especially breakfast!

In 3 weeks, I will have already had my first breakfast on my cruise! Woohoo!

Sha

:p I do not eat breakfast as a norm...just coffee...but on a cruise..all bets are off...breakfast lunch tea and dinner...i try and stay away from the desserts..just a bite....breakfast usually pancakes and yougurt..coffee and juice and bacon....oh i prefer the dining room lunches or lunch in port...i love the tea time....and dinner is my fav...less than eight weeks..Sapphire princess..April first...hurray:D

In this order: Bagel, cream cheese, capers, bermuda onion, tomato, lots o lox.

The cream cheese keeps the capers from rolling around and holds the onion slices in place. The lox on topm holds it all together. YUMMMMY!

But I might have to try that eggs benedict made with lox instead of ham. Sounds equally yummy!:p

I have mostly cruised on Princess, where papaya is available every morning. No matter what else I have- I ALWAYS want papaya as well for breakfast!

Anyone know if Celebrity has this available???

~A

OOOOHHHHH....papaya, yum. I forgot about papaya. Can I have a side (or two) of papaya with my bagel and lox????

Eggs Benedict is also my favorite. My second favorite is corned beef hash with poached eggs. On my last cruise on Princess I had the same experience with the Eggs Benedict having a skin over it instead of a nice creamy Hollandaise. The next time I ordered the Hollandaise on the side. It was perfect! I also like a tall glass of tomato or V-8 juice over ice with a wedge of lemon, and of course coffee.

Waking up to room service (melon & danishes) to eat on the balcony while we watch the ship pull into port.

I also enjoy the dining room breakfast. I had a bad experience with egg benedict on the Conquest, though. I was so looking forward to it, but when it came out, it had been under a heat lamp too long and it cooked my Hollandaise sauce into a thin coat of rubber icon_frown.gif

I was disappointed, but I just wrote it off as an isolated incidence.

I still prefer the dining room to the lido deck for breakfast.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;4;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Explorer of the Seas

(Royal Suite) 4/17/05, 7 Day Eastern Caribbean (2nd Anniversary)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;12;13;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Carnival Ecstasy 12/13/04, 5 Day Mexican Caribbean

Carnival Pride

(Category 11) 4/25/04, 7 day Mexican Riviera (1 year Anniversary!)

Carnival Conquest

(Category 12)4/27/03,7 Day Western Caribbean(Honeymoon & 1st cruise)

• 1 month later...

:D It would have to be the fresh waffles that are made right in front of you on the Dawn and served with fresh whipped cream & fresh strawberries or blueberries and of course all of that lovely fresh fruit already cut up for you.....gosh I can't wait to go again ;)