My favorite cruise breakfast----what's yours?

richard1226

Personally it's Eggs Benedict for me with a side of breakfast sausages with syrup on them. My Wife loves her bowl of oatmeal and a side of bacon. We both wash this down with a glass of OJ, a small carton of low fat milk and a cup or two of coffee!

I almost never eat breakfast at home ... at least during the work week, so I just love having breakfast on vacation :).

D Holland

start my day out early with a cronut or two (croissant made into a doughut, sprinkled with powdered sugar on princess in the international cafe) and a cup of coffee, then when DH gets up and moving, go have breakfast, favorite will be Eggs Benedict and a side of bacon. Yum, Yum.

I tend to love my onboard breakfasts, however after the cruise ends, a rigourous fitness programme is destined to be implemented!!!

On the left (tray)....a toasted bagle (bottom half) with layers consisting of 2 hash browns, then 2 bacon rashers, 2 sausages and finally 2 more hash browns plus top of bagle,.................................

Then on the right side (tray) a gorgeous pink grapefruit with a grape in the centre!!!:)

I agree...I pay the price and gain weight in cruises, but I wouldn't change a thing! I work out on vacation and still gain a few but when I get home it's back to healthy eating all the time as well as my exercise!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They say you can tell a man by his breakfast. I love waking up, because I get the chance to eat again. I eat breakfast like a queen, lunch like a princess, and dinner like a pauper.

I prefer a pot of hot chocolate with numerous glasses of chilled water through the course of my meal. I start with cottage cheese and smoked salmon. Then I have an egg beater omelette with some cheese and protein, with a side of crackers and a dash of peanut butter.

• 2 months later...

oh man, we were just talking about this yesterday.

I never eat a real breakfast so on a cruise I do it up.

4 triangles of my favorite French toast (from the buffet no less) with enough butter so I can see it, maybe 2 pats, and a little syrup. I love my syrup to butter ratio to be heavy on the butter. and bacon.

great topic, now Im hungry.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the poached eggs and smoked salmon on an english muffin, yum. I too don't usually have breakfast but on Holidays so go for it. Being an Ozzie, I'm not overly fond of the overcooked bacon so usually give that a miss, although will have some occasionally to go with the muffins. Oh, and a cup of coffee with it.

• 2 weeks later...

We are foodies, and we look forward to the dining aspect on the cruises we are lucky to take. So far we have travelled with NCL, and the buffet on the NCL Dawn is pretty awesome. It was the upcharge restaurants we weren't thrilled with on our last trip. But whether we chose the Lido or the MDR, my two favorite breakfasts are Eggs Benedict, or a bagel with cream cheese, salmon, red onion, capers, tomato, and lemon. I alternate between those two breakfast specialities, sometimes with a little bacon and\or breakfast potatoes thrown in. Maybe once during a cruise I will get the waffle with fruit and whipped cream, but the Benedict and the bagel with accompaniments are what I love and look forward to. Hubby does ham and cheese omelette, bacon or corned beef hash, breakfast potatoes, fruit. And lots and lots of coffee for the both of us. :D

Lorie

Not a real "breakfast person" but do enjoy having the "Late Risers Breakfast" which is offered on the Princess Lunch menu in the MDR on Sea Days. :)

LuLu

I have never seen this on NCL while cruising. It's a brilliant idea, really. Kind of like brunch every day. It's too bad every cruise line didn't have this kind of thing.

Lorie

Edited by galensgrl

I have never seen this on NCL while cruising. It's a brilliant idea, really. Kind of like brunch every day. It's too bad every cruise line didn't have this kind of thing.

Lorie

Carnival had brunch every sea day in the dining room on our cruise in 2013. It was amazing. It opened at 9am and stayed open until. 1pm. On the hour they had a 5-minute cheesy family friendly comedian, not annoying but not fantastic...it didn't bother us at all though. The food was fantastic. Filet mignon and eggs was one of the choices! And they had a mimosa menu too. Wonderful!

• 6 months later...

Thank you so much. Could you explain how to make yoghurt cheese? thanks again.

icon_razz.gif Always had the omelets or scrambled eggs till I discovered they are made with powdered eggs like most dry land restaurants use to save $. Fresh eggs only available in sunny side, once over, boiled or poached. Ever made an omelet yourself and added sour cream afterwards (with green onions, salsa, cheese & mushrooms cooked in and/or on top - yummy)...hubby can't get enough. Love the lox and bagels with cream cheese (substitute at home with cheese yogurt-no fat-for way less calories & just as good not to mention cheaper). Ask and I will explain how easy it is to make cheese from yogurt...Was a part-time caterer so have a little knowledge I wld enjoy sharing..Happy cruisin'!

I wonder on Princess whether you can ask for oatmeal that s not "soupy" but more oats well cooked and

condiments to put with: such as

fruit, rice or soy milk alternatives

raisins, granola,

?