Question About Miami Terminal(s)

LuCruise

For the existing Miami terminal, is it near the airport? Although we'll probably end up with a land vacation end of the summer, we're also looking at the option of going on Mariner of the Seas from Miami. There is a 12pm flight going home so wondering if the terminal is close to the airport and if we could make it....or if that is cutting it too close.

Also, for the new Miami terminal, will it be near the airport? We'll be on Symphony. Our flights will open up in a few months and I want to know what time would be safe to book going home. I know in FLL, we had an 11:40am flight and we made this getting off Allure no issue as the airport was 10 minutes away and Allure got in at 6am.

... Also, for the new Miami terminal, will it be near the airport? ...

There is little difference in distance to the airport between the existing Miami terminals and the new Miami terminal. The new terminal is on the same channel as the existing terminals, just a short distance east.

Taxi from POM to MIA airport will take about 15 min. Fare is flat rate of $27+tip

From POM to FLL airport will take about 45+ min; lots of shared shuttles will take you from POM to FLL for about $15 per person

A 12:00 flight would be fine.

It’s not as close as the airport / terminal in FLL but it’s not that far. You could dock in Miami and make a 12:00 flight out of FLL.

Sorry, my post was confusing. I only mentioned FLL since that was the airport for our previous Allure cruise and so I can related to the Allure port to FLL distance...which is very close.

For our possible cruise, it's Miami port and there is a 12pm flight out of Miami airport. But sounds like if 12pm out of FLL is fine, then out of Miami airport is fine too. :) Thanks.

There is little difference in distance to the airport between the existing Miami terminals and the new Miami terminal. The new terminal is on the same channel as the existing terminals, just a short distance east.

Great...so if Miami airport to exiting Miami port is fine (for potential Mariner cruise) then Miami airport to new Miami port would be the same too (Symphony cruise).

Taxi from POM to MIA airport will take about 15 min. Fare is flat rate of $27+tip

From POM to FLL airport will take about 45+ min; lots of shared shuttles will take you from POM to FLL for about $15 per person

Thanks. That puts it in perspective...and great to have cost too.

... Great...so if Miami airport to exiting Miami port is fine (for potential Mariner cruise) then Miami airport to new Miami port would be the same too (Symphony cruise) ... .

Correct, just a different terminal at the same port.

Hello JohninDC,

The shared shuttles that take you from POM to FLL Do you have to book in advance or do you pay when leaving the ship? Are the shuttles easy to find? like the taxies? I have a flight out of FLL the ship docks POM. Any info would be great. Been looking for this question on the boards.

Hello JohninDC,

The shared shuttles that take you from POM to FLL Do you have to book in advance or do you pay when leaving the ship? Are the shuttles easy to find? like the taxies? I have a flight out of FLL the ship docks POM. Any info would be great. Been looking for this question on the boards.

Also check the Florida Departures forum here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495. This question comes up often on that forum.

Hello JohninDC,

You are better off booking in advance - the shuttle driver/dispatcher will contact you via cell phone to see where you are in the process of collecting your bags and clearing customs/immigration.

Those shuttles trolling for customers do not have a great reputation for honesty and on time service.

Check out SAS, QLS, MJS and Go Airport -- base fare is usually about $15 per person, but if you have a family or group travelling together you might get it down to $13 or $14 per person +tips.

• 2 weeks later...
You are better off booking in advance - the shuttle driver/dispatcher will contact you via cell phone to see where you are in the process of collecting your bags and clearing customs/immigration.

Those shuttles trolling for customers do not have a great reputation for honesty and on time service.

Check out SAS, QLS, MJS and Go Airport -- base fare is usually about $15 per person, but if you have a family or group travelling together you might get it down to $13 or $14 per person +tips.

Thank you JohninDC for your advise/help. (y):D