Any NEWS on VV? Please post it here...

wwcruisers

24 minutes ago, Mkripke said:

I have a 9/30 cruise and I cant et the app to work for me. I sure hope this cruise goes.

There should be no issue with a 9/30 cruise.. Unless Florida sticks to their guns to keep requiring proof of vaccination illegal.. As far as the  app, it is a piece of garbage-You could delete and add it back in-That often fixes issues with apps-Mine is working fine(By Virgin Voyages standards)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I asked where my band was, since the WEBSITE says they ship it 45 days in advance.

Here is the reply:

Thank you for your communication. You are correct typically we are striving to send the band 45 days prior to sailing as we are just ramping up Virgin Voyages bands are going out a bit closer to sailing at 5 -10 days prior to sailing at this time. Fear not however if you do not receive your band in time they will also be available for pick up at the port.  

They haven no clue what they are doing...

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2021 at 10:45 AM, garymfreedman said:

I asked where my band was, since the WEBSITE says they ship it 45 days in advance.

Here is the reply:

Thank you for your communication. You are correct typically we are striving to send the band 45 days prior to sailing as we are just ramping up Virgin Voyages bands are going out a bit closer to sailing at 5 -10 days prior to sailing at this time. Fear not however if you do not receive your band in time they will also be available for pick up at the port.  

They haven no clue what they are doing...

Just to let you know I am on the Oct 15th sailing and my personalized bands arrived Oct 9th along with luggage tags.  It does come in a cool box with the Virgin logo on top.

54 minutes ago, bortzct said:

Just to let you know I am on the Oct 15th sailing and my personalized bands arrived Oct 9th along with luggage tags.  It does come in a cool box with the Virgin logo on top.

Thanks. Mine is arriving the week before also, which is DUMB. I told them on October 1st I was traveling the week before, yet it is still shipped closed to sailing time.. Waste of fedex.. I'll have to pick up at port, and add that to my already long issue list with VV pre sailing..

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The AIS transponder on Resilient Lady has been turned on so she can be tracked on your favorite ship tracking site.

Thanks for the information. I was just wondering about this a few days ago as we are booked on a November cruise. It looks like the first cruise is in April.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2018 at 1:02 PM, wwcruisers said:

Ever since we joined the early sign-up queue, I've been popping over, checking to see if there is any more 'news', since ship-tease -- sadly, nothing. I'm also checking the VV website, regularly. But, since neither DH nor I do FB, we don't have access to that info. So, if anyone sees any new press releases -- or even any well founded rumors ;), please post them here. Thanks! 🆒

Term V will be unveiled on Feb 13

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Omgirl said:

I thought the same thing!  IKEA meets dorm room.  Sounds like they are trying to warm them up a bit, even add some art, and a crazy thing called drawers!   

Fairly unprecedented for brand new ships to have cabin remodels already.

Now if they would only enlarge that pitiful pool.   

Well, at least they've been listening to comments. I can only praise that. This is the first major design flaw of these ships that is being solved. And looking at the pictures and reading the story, the improvement is vast. Very happy to hear this news.

6 hours ago, sealynx said:

Well, at least they've been listening to comments. I can only praise that. This is the first major design flaw of these ships that is being solved. And looking at the pictures and reading the story, the improvement is vast. Very happy to hear this news.

i agree.  I just can’t imagine designing them so sparse to begin with. Especially at this price point. 

1 hour ago, benjaminnicholas said:

Price point?  It's not that expensive.

And two, there are drawers in the existing rooms.

Have you even sailed on VV?

It’s a higher price point than competing ships.  

Obviously VV felt the cabins were lacking or they wouldn’t already be spending this $$ on a brand new ship.  

No I haven’t sailed them yet.  So what?  Doesn’t change or invalidate my opinion in any way. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eroller said:

It’s a higher price point than competing ships.  

Obviously VV felt the cabins were lacking or they wouldn’t already be spending this $$ on a brand new ship.  

No I haven’t sailed them yet.  So what?  Doesn’t change or invalidate my opinion in any way. 

You're passing judgement on a product you've never seen.

... No, that just invalidates someone's ability to take what you say seriously.

Wake me when you've sailed VV.

Edited by benjaminnicholas
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well, for everyone there is a first time with a specific line or ship. To make our choice when booking a vacation, we will look at pictures, descriptions, reviews, etc. All to make a judgement of a ship/line we've never sailed on. Companies know this, its how the world works. And most of the reviews agreed the cabins were Ikea-ish (not necessarily bad though, half my furniture is from Ikea), bland and lacking storage space. Many showed this in video's and on pictures. So I agree, you need not to have sailed on a ship, to make judgement. That is how it works. I do hope for VV that this change will attract them more passengers. Listening to the reviews, I believe several more changes should be made though. Again, praises to VV for listening.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...