Food on the Jewel

JesMil

Now that the inaguaral cruise has been completed on the Jewel . . . how was the food? Was room service tasty? Any tips? Thanks for input [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Hi
We were on the Jewel for a 2 night mini cruise earlier this month. We ate at the speciality restaurant Portofinos both nights. The service was very good and when we returned the next night the waitress remembered which wine we ordered and we were treated very well.The food was fantastic especially the desserts which were works of art on a plate. I can especially recommend the Tiramisu.
As we did not eat in the main restaurant I can't comment on that. The windjammer had a good selection for breakfast and lunch. We also found a nice cafe called the Seaview tucked away at the aft of the ship one deck above the Windjammer. They did great fish and chips and sandwiches, salads etc cooked to order. Nice and quiet too. can't comment on room service as we weren't on the ship long enough to try it!!

Hope this helps, any other questions feel free to ask. E mail me if you want to see pictures of the Jewel. We took over 100!!

Archived