Attn: MEZZALUNA

jkmmah

I saw your posting under the "Eating in port" thread and wanted to ask a question. You mentioned the restaurant in Nassau where you ate conch fritters---we're trying to find a spot to plan our lunch in Nassau and I want to be sure to try the fritters while we're there as I've heard that's THE THING to eat. Could the restaurant have been "Conch Fritters" or "The Poop Deck?" I've researched both and thought they were both in the straw market area. You're opinion could sway us to go to one or the other. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Oh, man! I think it was Conch Fritters. I can almost see in my mind how to get there, but I couldn't describe it. As you stand on the pier looking at the Straw Market, it's off to the right and back from the water a couple of blocks. Sorry, that's the best I can do! It was a rather big place, very friendly. Remember we were there four years ago (on Majesty); restaurants change. Ask around- I went on a recommendation from one passenger who'd been there before- no other suggestions. I did have a tasty lunch, well-prepared, intesting flavors!

Good luck!

Stella Solaris '80
Carnival Celebration '92
RCCL Majesty of the Seas '01
Coral Princess '04

Archived