Review of Uniworld Splendors of Egypt & the Nile (Jan 6-17, 2018)

djett

On 2/5/2019 at 9:18 PM, Jeniceves said:

Sorry, did not get this until today.  The new ship is called S.S. Satet and will start January, 2020.  It is now showing on the Uniworld website.

Ship name is now changed to SS Sphinx.

We just booked for Feb 2020. Still waiting for information on pre-post cruise extensions.

So excited.

On 1/17/2019 at 2:38 PM, Jeniceves said:

We just booked this for January, 2020, when a new ship will be in service, the Nefertiti.  We got a heads up about it being available so booked without knowing how much has changed with the new ship.  The ship is Uniworld owned so we are hoping it will be all inclusive.  As I get more information, I will share.  There will now be more cabin choices and the price for French balconies is a significant price drop from the 2 categories offers on the Tosca.

• 1 month later...

I just want to chime in and encourage anyone on the fence to go to Egypt now. We had put the trip off for quite some time and are glad that we did it before all the crowds are back! Also had the opportunity for many hotel upgrades, early check in land late check outs along the way.

in our case, we opted to do the Sanctuary Sunboat IV as part of an independent trip arranged by A&K who is the owner of the ship. (As in I am not recommending a travel agent, but booked through the owner of the river boat, like booking directly thru vIking, Uniworld, etc). The main advantage was that for all the before and after cruise stuff, we moved with our own guide, driver and air arrangements. We booked AbuSimbel in advance, for example, and had great flight times and connections. For example, we stayed on the plane back from Abu Simbel to Aswan and went directly to Egypt. And our outbound flight was at 10am, meaning no early morning flights.

I was able to modify and change our plans as well. We had booked extra days in Cairo and did not have to jam so many things in one day. We had a nice long museum visit and then a long lunch, with just a little touring after that.

We added the new restoration center for antiquities called GEMS and where we got to see them working on treasures from King Tuts tomb, up close as well as amazing other finds never on display.

As I would text the manager in Cairo, I would get responses like, “I am here to make your dreams come true”.

A51F51A4-2714-4F5A-8EEB-980E50EE4F75.jpeg

1EC98F81-8610-45DD-82A5-E0555142959D.jpeg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jacqueline said:

I just want to chime in and encourage anyone on the fence to go to Egypt now. We had put the trip off for quite some time and are glad that we did it before all the crowds are back! Also had the opportunity for many hotel upgrades, early check in land late check outs along the way. In our case, we opted to do the Sanctuary Sunboat IV as part of an independent trip arranged by A&K.

Thanks Jacqueline.  Another good option to add to my research!