Vegetarian Meals on cruises!

bette65

• 2 weeks later...

There is a vegetarian entree at every luncheon

and dinner. We were on Navigator in April and

one evening they had a vegetarian entree that was Indian with Currey. It was delicous. I'm

not a vegetarian but I ordered it in addition to my regular entree to try it.

Sovereign of the Seas

'92 '95 '96 '97 '97 '99

Nordic Empress '92

Mornarch of the Seas '93 '97

Song of America '93 '94

Starward '94

Facination '95

Century '97 '00

Destiny '98 Mercury '98

Enchantment of the Seas '99

Millinnium '01 '02 '02

Grand Princess '01

Norweigian Majesty '03

Infinity '03

Summit '03

Majesty of the Seas '04

Navigator of the Sea '04

Constellation '04

Surely, all cruise lines have a vegetarian selection at all meals? Haven't cruised on RCCL, but Carnival has two vegetarian entree selections each night, as well as spa selection. I've gotten the veggie shish-ka-bob a few times along with my entree. Wonderfully prepared.

"Laissez les bon temps rouler!"

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Sensation 2004

I am vegan and yes there is food available. I have managed on RCCL, Carnival, Celebrity, and Costa. I would say the best cruise as far as food was concerned was on RCCL, but also the worst on another one of their ships....

You need to make sure your TA tells the cruise line ahead of time. When you get on board, or at the first meal, you should let your waiter and Head waiter know as well.

RCCL should have a separate menu, or menu items listed as vegetarian. These may have eggs, cream, or cheese in them, so are not necessairly vegan. The best solution is when the head waiter comes to me the night before, and shows me the next day's menu. If there is something I cannot eat, then we can negotiate for a modification, or for something different to be made.

The buffets are hit and miss in terms of what you may be able to get there but should be normally okay. RCCL should have a veggie burger you can get at the grill.

Watch out for some of the items. One waiter tried to get me french onion soup, but of course he found out when I asked, it is made with beef stock.

A good tip, as most of the cooks are from around the world, it is nice to ask for them to make you something vegan/vegetarian that is native to their region/country, and they do an outstanding job!

• 2 weeks later...

As a vegan, I have run into some problems with this, but have never remembered to ask before getting on board. For my upcoming August cruise, I have already notified them, so hopefully I will have better luck. Some nights have been good and interesting, others have been pasta with red sauce (boring!) I guess I will see how things go in Aug! I have never had a problem with any of the breakfast or lunch buffets. Those have such a wide selection.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as buffets, can staff advise whether items are prepared with meat or not? Such as soups that may or may not be chicken base? And veggie that may be prepared with animal fat? In real life I hesitate to ask, and just assume it's not veggie, but I want to eat lots of yummy food on the cruise, so if it's OK, I want to know.

Archived