Princess "Secrets" 2018

barbpretz

I pack some detergent pods to use, as well as a stain remover stick. Had some shirts come out of an on board dryer with oily stains on one cruise (lip balm maybe?) and had to buy stain remover in port in St Thomas at a greatly increased price.

I also make sure to pack pain reliever, Benadryl, aloe, etc. Purchased 16 Benadryl tablets on the ship once for about $8.00. Never again!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There's nothing inexpensive to be found in St Thomas stores.

Shaving cream at Kmart was $11 for the regular size can last week. :eek:The same size at home is $2.

They didn't even have travel size which on the ship was selling for $5.

April Caribbean Princess.

I'm only checking because a little birdie told me that IF they drop the price of what I booked and I call about it' date=' they might toss a little OBC our way. That wouldn't be bad since this booking includes no perks of any sort. I've about given up on that happening though. [/quote']

Why have you given up? We got a HUGE OBC on our November Caribbean cruise in the same situation AFTER final payment. Our TA called with a great upgrade offer but I pushed her to ask for OBC. Our OBC was roughly half of the difference of the price drop. We were happy and thought it was fair.

Why have you given up? We got a HUGE OBC on our November Caribbean cruise in the same situation AFTER final payment. Our TA called with a great upgrade offer but I pushed her to ask for OBC. Our OBC was roughly half of the difference of the price drop. We were happy and thought it was fair.

The OBC should equal the price drop. You should ask for the same amount of OBC.

Thanks--I'll keep checking. I called once, but they said that since our category was not available, I wasn't eligible for any OBC.

Thanks for the tip on the OBC for veterans. We're taking my parents on a 10-night European cruise next month, and my dad is a Vietnam vet. I sent in his paperwork yesterday. so hopefully that will be a nice little bonus for them!

Princess has changed the shareholder benefit. You can now apply for it at any time. I got it in September 2017 for a cruise in September 2018.

Thank you for that information! I had no idea that had changed! 😊

Don't forget the Loyalty OBC. It is based on cruise credits.

20-30 credits = $25 OBC

31.-40 credits = $50

41-50 credits = $75

51 or more = $100

In other words - after 20 Princess cruises, you start getting the loyalty OBC? The number of nights has nothing to do with it?

In other words - after 20 Princess cruises, you start getting the loyalty OBC? The number of nights has nothing to do with it?

Almost correct.

It is after 2 cruise credits, not 20 cruises. You can pick up extra cruise credits if you paid for a full suite or if you are traveling solo and had to pay for two.

Princess has coin laundries available, If you plan ahead and reduce your luggage load 40% or more. Lucky enough for longer cruise, three suitcases can be reduced to one. HOWEVER, they are popular and soap and change machine have tendency to run out. Pack a couple of soap pods and a stack of quarters.

No need to pack quarters any more as all the ships have now converted to a scan of your cruise card to pay for items. Bringing soap and dry sheets is a good plan as they are pricey on board.

Almost correct.

It is after 2 cruise credits, not 20 cruises. You can pick up extra cruise credits if you paid for a full suite or if you are traveling solo and had to pay for two.

So this will be our 6th Princess cruise - we have never received any "loyalty" OBC. I wonder why?

Because some perks are per stateroom and some are per person. This one is per room' date=' just like the shareholder credit, mini bar, etc. If you and your spouse each own 100 shares of stock, you still get only one credit. You get one mini-bar or 2 coffee cards, regardless of how many elite persons are in the room.[/quote']

I know about the others, we get the one elite mini bar, but this isn't per stateroom per se. If you are in the cabin with someone who has a different address they will give you both the loyalty OBC. So if I sail with my girlfriend, we both get it. With my husband, only one of us gets it.

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

Because I can't type worth a darn. 20, not 2

We forgive you. :) You do type well enough that your old thread about the connoisseur cruise tour in Alaska convinced me that was the way to go and I am very pleased that it did so. I've even pointed a fair number of others to that thread for excellent information. Many thanks. Oh, and ONE mistake is enough Mister! ;p

Just found out about the Military benefit...$100 onboard credit for our next 7 day cruise...we are Platinum and could have had this all along...I assumed it was for active duty military but it's both veteran's and active duty!

Yes, we got it 50 for our 5 day and 100 for our 7 day back to back! Yahoo!

Yes $250 for cruises of 2 weeks and over, $100 for cruises under. We Aussie serving and ex servicemen and women also receive it from Princess, as do the New Zealanders, Brits and Canadians, as well as of course Americans. Once you send your proof of service in to Princess, it goes on your profile. I got 3 lots for this years cruises, Sapphire x 2 ad Royal x 1, buys a few bottles of vino in the MDR, although mine just went on shorex purchases.:halo: The left hand of Princess gave it to me and then the right hand took it away. lol. But still very appreciative.

Also non-refundable so spend it all on board! :)

Yes, one can earn $50 for cruises 3-5 days, $100 for cruises 6-13 days, $250 for cruises over 2 weeks..but as stated you need to send in your final discharge paperwork to prove you qualify so if it's been 40 years and you don't have that paperwork (or can't find it) then you need to get another copy from a Veterans Office which may take months (Like it did for us, lol). But once you get it approved from Princess you'll always get the onboard credit for all future cruises.

We had our DD214 from ADT but nothing for Paul's 14 years of reserves. Went to a site called aardvark (national archival research) and paid for expedited service . . . they said 7 business days but actually took 10 business day to get the e-mail. Then we forwarded it to our TA who took care of it with Princess. The actual paper copies still have not arrived as promised but we printed off copies to keep. We got more on board credit than we paid for the papers, and we will be set from now on, so well worth it. It is cheaper if you are not in a hurry!

We had our DD214 from ADT but nothing for Paul's 14 years of reserves. Went to a site called aardvark (national archival research) and paid for expedited service . . . they said 7 business days but actually took 10 business day to get the e-mail. Then we forwarded it to our TA who took care of it with Princess. The actual paper copies still have not arrived as promised but we printed off copies to keep. We got more on board credit than we paid for the papers, and we will be set from now on, so well worth it. It is cheaper if you are not in a hurry!

This is great information. Thank you! I'm hoping to take my dad on an Alaskan Cruise and he just got a new copy of his papers.

The military OBC is only for 2 military members in a cabin. It used to be that it was only good for the military if they were #1 or #2 in the cabin.

My DH and DS are both military and are #2 and #3 and they both can get it now. Glad that was changed.