Princess "Secrets" 2018

barbpretz

Can anyone fully explain how/why/when you would get loyalty OBC thank you

See post #32

Its on board credit given to returning customers for being dedicated to sailing Princess more often.

Starting at $25 up to $100 depending on the number of cruises taken, not based on days.

No matter which category you fall in, the credit is given for all length trips, even a 1 day cruise.:)

If you eat at the buffet, consider coffee, water or iced tea to drink, even if you have a soda (or liquor) package. Otherwise, the waiter/waitress has to go outside to a bar to fetch your drink, and that can take awhile. ( Might be worth the wait if you want a specific drink)

If it's crazy busy, you can also fetch your own iced tea (or water, or coffee) from the drink stations.

Also, if you use the laundry rooms, nearby cabins can hear your conversations: think of it as a mini-intercom and don't bring up anything you don't want to be shared with strangers.

I had my laundry done while in ALska

If I remember corrctly, there is one location, possibly two, where the ship will go where the laundry rooms will be locked and you will not be allowed to go into them to do laundry. When the ship departs such an area they will be unlocked and you'll be able to go in and do your laundry. If you send things to the ship's laundry, you'll probably never even notice any affect on your laundry service. If my memory hasn't completely failed me, I believe that it's when you are in the vicinity of the glaciers.

Tom

If I remember corrctly, there is one location, possibly two, where the ship will go where the laundry rooms will be locked and you will not be allowed to go into them to do laundry. When the ship departs such an area they will be unlocked and you'll be able to go in and do your laundry. If you send things to the ship's laundry, you'll probably never even notice any affect on your laundry service. If my memory hasn't completely failed me, I believe that it's when you are in the vicinity of the glaciers.

Tom

I believe it is when at Glacier Bay.

Also, if you use the laundry rooms, nearby cabins can hear your conversations: think of it as a mini-intercom and don't bring up anything you don't want to be shared with strangers.

Have you stayed in a cabin next door to the laundry room?

Just wondering, because I talked to a lady who was in a cabin next to the laundry room and she said she never heard anything.

There have been other posts here asking about laundry room noise and no one ever complains about noise.

If you could hear conversations over the washers/dryers, you'd definitely be able to hear the washers/dryers. That would make those cabins almost unusable and definitely undesirable.

Have you stayed in a cabin next door to the laundry room?

Just wondering, because I talked to a lady who was in a cabin next to the laundry room and she said she never heard anything.

There have been other posts here asking about laundry room noise and no one ever complains about noise.

If you could hear conversations over the washers/dryers, you'd definitely be able to hear the washers/dryers. That would make those cabins almost unusable and definitely undesirable.

Sometimes people talk in the hallway outside of the laundry room. It is possible to hear them talking if your cabin is close to where they are.

Not so much a "secret" but a tip for those travelling with kids (after sailing 17 times with a child I found this out the hard way on my last cruise). When your kids are in kids clubs they are just as exposed to any illnesses, germs, bugs as if they are at school and daycare. That means that, yes, it's possible for them to get head lice on a cruise ship from another child in the club! Yes, it happened to my two and we were at sea for FIVE days! Believe me, that is not fun. Now I will ALWAYS travel with a bottle of the Nix shampoo just in case.........

That had never crossed my mind..but of course it could happen! Ugh !

If you eat at the buffet, consider coffee, water or iced tea to drink, even if you have a soda (or liquor) package. Otherwise, the waiter/waitress has to go outside to a bar to fetch your drink, and that can take awhile. ( Might be worth the wait if you want a specific drink)

If it's crazy busy, you can also fetch your own iced tea (or water, or coffee) from the drink stations.

I just request soda when I enter the buffet. I'm sorry but I do not understand why a guest would change to accommodate the cruise line. I paid for a package good in that restaurant, if the ship does not place drinks in that location it is on them. I'm sure if many started asking they would correct this.

Does anyone know if the loyalty obc is available for British guests please ? It has never been mentioned to us and we are Platinum. Should I be chasing it ?

Thanks.

We are from the UK too and don't get any loyalty obc either, we are also Platinum.

Looks like we are missing out on another extra that only US passengers get!

So we dont get offers that include drinks packages, free gratuities etc and also cant have cruises refared when prices drop or cancel without losing deposit.[emoji36]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Does anyone know if the loyalty obc is available for British guests please ? It has never been mentioned to us and we are Platinum. Should I be chasing it ?

Thanks.

I think the Loyalty OBC starts eith cruise #20 ,.. I am plat and in US and don't revekve that OBC because I don't yet qualify. Also, I only know of it from comments on these boards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

We are from the UK too and don't get any loyalty obc either, we are also Platinum.

Looks like we are missing out on another extra that only US passengers get!

So we dont get offers that include drinks packages, free gratuities etc and also cant have cruises refared when prices drop or cancel without losing deposit.[emoji36]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

It does apply to UK customers, it doesn't kick in until you are on your 21st cruise so 6 cruises past reaching elite.

Amex has a benefit that gives you $100 off a $500 CCL purchase - deal going on right now. Go into your account under "benefits" and add it before booking or making a payment on existing booking.

Oooh, wish I had seen this one before booking! Thanks, will check before the next cruise.

Oooh, wish I had seen this one before booking! Thanks, will check before the next cruise.
You should still be able to use the offer by making a payment on your cruise, or by buying OBC if your cruise is paid off. I did both of these for my upcoming cruise. Just be sure to add the deal to your card(s) before making the payments, and check if you have more than one card linked on your account, in which case you can get the rebate on both cards.

You should still be able to use the offer by making a payment on your cruise, or by buying OBC if your cruise is paid off. I did both of these for my upcoming cruise. Just be sure to add the deal to your card(s) before making the payments, and check if you have more than one card linked on your account, in which case you can get the rebate on both cards.

Thanks! We paid the cruise in full, but it didn't occur to me for the OBC. Heading there now! (I owe you a drink :-)).

It should be noted that this is a US only

Offer as I can’t find it in my AMEX account in Canada...which is really too bad....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn't in my Delta card AMEX offers but someone posted a link earlier in the thread telling how to add it. Might not work, anyone but worth a shot.

Thanks! We paid the cruise in full, but it didn't occur to me for the OBC. Heading there now! (I owe you a drink :-)).
You're very welcome! Due to posters that helped me out with this info, I was able to save $400 by using the AMEX offer myself. And I'd rather you owed me the drink rather than cheat me out of it! [emoji16][emoji484]

If you have NOT COMPLETELY paid for the cruise - you can get the cheaper price - I saw that out Japan cruise went down a total of 1,000 - called my travel agent and got the netter price that day - lost the prepaid gratuities but gained a 300 credit for both of us

What Japan cruise are you on? We are going July 19. Please let me know dbender12@verizon.net

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums