Outlets on Reflection

StephSch

My husband and I will be leaving on Celebrity Reflection March 2, 2018. What type of power outlets are you allowed to bring to give you more outlets? I see on the website they dont allow extension chords. What have you brought on that you havent had an issue with in the cabin?

Thank you for your advise.

We carry a decent 4 outlet power strip.....that does not have any kind of surge protector. Surge Protectors are dangerous fire hazards on cruise ships (because the ground of their electrical system works differently from a land based outlet). Just about any cruise line will seize a power strip with surge protector...but we have never had an issue (on many cruises) with our basic 4 outlet one. I will probably soon buy a new power strip with several outlets plus a few USB charging outlets. But again, we will avoid any product with Surge Protection.

Hank

Are there any issues getting this plugged in? Many of the ships have recessed plugs.

snow bunny

'Forgive me for jumping in but you got my interest. I have been on over 70 different ships and do not recall recessed 110-120 volt (US type) sockets on any ship. But we have seen quite a few European (duel round prong) recessed sockets.

Hank