pv1 vs pv2

Cristinarep

I thought all the PV's were the same size??

They are.

The OP was inquiring about dv6( deluxe veranda vs pv1 Penthouse veranda. Two diferent categories, DV are smaller than PV . The numbers have nothing to do with sq ft but location of these staterooms and of course the price point within a category.

They are.

The OP was inquiring about dv6( deluxe veranda vs pv1 Penthouse veranda. Two diferent categories, DV are smaller than PV . The numbers have nothing to do with sq ft but location of these staterooms and of course the price point within a category.

The OP was inquiring about the difference between a PV1 and PV2.

I was just upgraded to a pv2 from a dv6. What's the difference between a pv1 and a pv2?
  • Like 1

Some of the differences between PV categories 1, 2, and 3 make some sense, and some do not. PV cabins are on decks 4, 5, and 6. Each of those decks have more deluxe veranda (DV) cabins than PV cabins. The PV cabins on Deck 4 are all PV3. The PV cabins on Deck 6 are all PV1. Some people might think it is better to be higher, but for stability on rough seas, lower is better. The strange part is that the PV cabins on Deck 5 are PV1 toward the back (aft) and PV2 toward the front (fore). We always stay in a PV on Deck 5, and can't see any reason to pay for a PV1 rather than a PV2.

There is no difference in size, amenities, or service in the different PV cabins.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Some Viking pictures of PV rooms show an extra window and others show a larger sliding door. How does one tell in advance which PV categories have the extra window. Thanks.

Here are two images of PV:

The first is 6072.  The other is generic.

image.png.fcdca8824fee0687dc44f5e50f99c6e2.png

image.png.9731af831cf7d22a3905e85093c6bcb1.png

Edited by emileg

1 hour ago, emileg said:

Some Viking pictures of PV rooms show an extra window and others show a larger sliding door. How does one tell in advance which PV categories have the extra window. Thanks.

Here are two images of PV:

The first is 6072.  The other is generic.

image.png.fcdca8824fee0687dc44f5e50f99c6e2.png

image.png.9731af831cf7d22a3905e85093c6bcb1.png

There is no extra window. You just have a window and a regular narrow door. Stayed in both and prefer sliding door(second picture) You could ask during booking what kind of veranda door your cabin has. The difference in doors relates to structure not to the cabins “status”.

5 minutes ago, vnb2003 said:

There is no extra window. You just have a window and a regular narrow door. Stayed in both and prefer sliding door(second picture) You could ask during booking what kind of veranda door your cabin has. The difference in doors relates to structure not to the cabins “status”.

Thank you for your quick and really helpful reply. I notice the decor seems different. Is it different, or is it the lighting?

7 minutes ago, emileg said:

Thank you for your quick and really helpful reply. I notice the decor seems different. Is it different, or is it the lighting?

It’s the lighting. There is no difference in decor. We stayed in all 3 PV on deck 6,5,and 4. PV3 mid ship (almost) was the best. 3 floors up to explorer lounge and world cafe, 3 floors down to restaurants and leaving room. It was quiet place and rocking didn’t bothered us 🙂

19 hours ago, vnb2003 said:

Now I am confused.  We are due to take a Viking Cruise in a few days and have a PV room.

So - are all the PV rooms the same as far as door/window?  Or do some have a slider only?  (like the DV rooms have).

By some comments it would appear that there might be different configurations of PV rooms depending on location.

Does anyone know definitively?

I also would think the slider would be much better than a door.  We were on a Viking Ocean Cruise in a DV2 last year and the slider worked great - and made the room feel large.

22 hours ago, moatenote said:

If you email tellus@vikingcruises.com, they will tell you if a certain cabin number is sliding door or not.

3 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Now I am confused.  We are due to take a Viking Cruise in a few days and have a PV room.

So - are all the PV rooms the same as far as door/window?  Or do some have a slider only?  (like the DV rooms have).

By some comments it would appear that there might be different configurations of PV rooms depending on location.

Does anyone know definitively?

I also would think the slider would be much better than a door.  We were on a Viking Ocean Cruise in a DV2 last year and the slider worked great - and made the room feel large.

I followed moatenote's advice and got a quick reply. Yes, there are definitely two types of rooms.  I only asked about PV3 on deck 4.  Here is the response:

Sliding glass doors:  4010, 11, 16,1 7, 18, 19, 24, 25

Window & hinged door:  4012, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22, 23

Edited by emileg
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, emileg said:

I followed moatenote's advice and got a quick reply. Yes, there are definitely two types of rooms.  I only asked about PV3 on deck 4.  Here is the response:

Sliding glass doors:  4010, 11, 16,1 7, 18, 19, 24, 25

Window & hinged door:  4012, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22, 23

That is really useful info for me as we are in a PV3 on deck 4 later this month. 

Thanks for sharing!

Save that website (tellus@vikingcruises.com) for future reference!  (Believe me, you will use it!). The service reps at this site are wonderful and will speedily help answer any questions you may have.  (well, maybe not just any questions, but....)

1 hour ago, broker1217 said:

That is really useful info for me as we are in a PV3 on deck 4 later this month. 

Thanks for sharing!

Wow!  Thank you emileg and all the others.   We should ask for and keep a list of PV configurations for future referenceFor our updoming cruise, we have room 4010 (PV3), which I see is a sliding door - much preferred for us!  We had 5043 on our last cruise (DV2) and loved the slider!   Interesting that the various rooms are next to each other even.  I will try to take some definitive pictures - we leave Feb 17.

We had a door/window the last time. This coming cruise is a slider and it will be a great way to know for sure what we like best, but think we will enjoy that. 

I was told that the determining factor is whether the cabin is positioned at one of the ‘ribs’ of the ship, meaning door/window combination is on a rib. 

I totally agree and thank you for posting this list of the cabin configurations. We are also on deck 4. 

Edited by Vineyard View