costa cruises

We did a cruise on the Costa Magica from Savona to Amsterdam in May last year.

We were a bit apprehensive but we reasoned that it was port intensive and went between two places we needed to go at just the right time. And the price was good.

It was marvellous. Some of the best food we have had on a cruise. Food was adventurous, but not too adventurous. They took the muster drill very seriously btw. Don’t expect to play on your mobile phone during the drill! The muster drill was in 6 languages btw.

The ship excursions included a couple of language groups. In Tangiers, our excursion combined English and German. But the guide spoke excellent English, German and Arabic.

I only wish that Costa did cruise from Australia. I would sail with Costa again in a heartbeat.

My Brother and SIL have also cruised MSC. They enjoyed their cruise, Brazil to Venice, but did find the announcements in all the languages a bit tedious. The production shows were also in languages other than English, Italian Spanish and Portuguese mainly. I suppose the itinerary would dictate the passengers and the passengers would dictate the languages.